Question I don't see the OEM toggle

Search This thread
I been trying to root my Samsung Galaxy A52 5G but in order to do that i need to unlock the bootloader. So i follow the instructions and tells me to toggle the OEM option but i don't see it in my phone. Can someone please help.

Included screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-151219_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-151219_Settings.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20211215-151225_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-151225_Settings.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 81

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
I been trying to root my Samsung Galaxy A52 5G but in order to do that i need to unlock the bootloader. So i follow the instructions and tells me to toggle the OEM option but i don't see it in my phone. Can someone please help.

Included screenshots
assuming u have a usa model u cant unlock the bootloader

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Maybe you can try something like this ?

most of those are for international devices that are unlockable where there is a 7 day wait period and doesnt apply to usa models at all.. usa models are NOT unlockable.. that site even thinks you can create a factory/combination firmware by using stock firmware which is also bs lol

just saying...

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
most of those are for international devices that are unlockable where there is a 7 day wait period and doesnt apply to usa models at all.. usa models are NOT unlockable.. that site even thinks you can create a factory/combination firmware by using stock firmware which is also bs lol

just saying...

At present time we are all on the same boat for the A52S 5G USA or International models as this phone is not really unlockable even when the system pretends it is unlocked !

My OEM toggle is ON and when I turn my phone on I got a message telling me exactly this :

"This Phone's bootloader is unlocked and the software integrity can't be verified. Any data on this phone may be vulnerable to attackers. Don't store any important or sensitive information on this phone.".

But whenever I try to flash a patched AP file with Magisk my phone goes into a bootloop !!!

I tried different methods including creating a "custom ROM" with modified AP and BL files and the result is just the same : bootloop !

For what I know there is something related with the Samsung Vault Keeper mechanism and I'm trying to find out a workaround for this, with no result ATM...

So the purpose of my previous link was to fix the missing OEM toggle button, nothing else... But I guess this option may also be not available anymore with this phone... At least you can try...

On my side, whether I unlock or re-lock the bootloader (in Download mode) the OEM toggle button is always on... ^^

So I guess the unique solution should be to create a petition address to Samsung to put the pressure on this dam*** company ! ^^

I used to love Samsung products but this company's policy is driving me nuts and it makes me more angry as time goes by... (n)

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrocketdog

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010

Have you fully red the whole thread you're linking ???

I Participated myself to this long discussion in this thread and the conclusion is that : IT DOES NOT WORK for the Galaxy A52S 5G !!! :rolleyes:

Most people are confusing between the A52 5G (SM-A526B) and the A52S 5G (SM-528B) !!!

The first one IS most probably rootable but not the second one !

csgoisepic

Dec 25, 2018
Redmi Note 10S

I Participated myself to this long discussion in this thread and the conclusion is that : IT DOES NOT WORK for the Galaxy A52S 5G !!! :rolleyes:

Most people are confusing between the A52 5G (SM-A526B) and the A52S 5G (SM-528B) !!!

I am verry sorry just try to help you i am out of this thread now

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
At present time we are all on the same boat for the A52S 5G USA or International models as this phone is not really unlockable even when the system pretends it is unlocked !

My OEM toggle is ON and when I turn my phone on I got a message telling me exactly this :

"This Phone's bootloader is unlocked and the software integrity can't be verified. Any data on this phone may be vulnerable to attackers. Don't store any important or sensitive information on this phone.".

But whenever I try to flash a patched AP file with Magisk my phone goes into a bootloop !!!

I tried different methods including creating a "custom ROM" with modified AP and BL files and the result is just the same : bootloop !

For what I know there is something related with the Samsung Vault Keeper mechanism and I'm trying to find out a workaround for this, with no result ATM...

So the purpose of my previous link was to fix the missing OEM toggle button, nothing else... But I guess this option may also be not available anymore with this phone... At least you can try...

On my side, whether I unlock or re-lock the bootloader (in Download mode) the OEM toggle button is always on... ^^

So I guess the unique solution should be to create a petition address to Samsung to put the pressure on this dam*** company ! ^^

I used to love Samsung products but this company's policy is driving me nuts and it makes me more angry as time goes by... (n)
I am not sure what that has anything to do with the OP or this thread. Your bootloader is clearly unlocked. Because you dont know how to root it doesnt mean your bootloader is locked as well as doesnt help the OP at all since his model is a usa model and cant unlock the BL like you can.

You will likely confuse people by trying to hijack the thread to solve your own issues that are unrelated to this thread. Just saying.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce

both of those are unlockable and rootable but the op in this thread has a A526U or A526U1 so you both are in the wrong thread lol none of that will work on his device and sibce hes not unlocked and cant unlock in the first place he cant flash any custom firmware at all.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Fandroid Tech

Jan 23, 2018
Moto G 5G
What is the KG or RMM state after you unlocked it? So to be clear, you unlocked the phone, booted into download mode, flashed the pached boot file, rebooted phone, it does not work?

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
I am not sure what that has anything to do with the OP or this thread. Your bootloader is clearly unlocked. Because you dont know how to root it doesnt mean your bootloader is locked as well as doesnt help the OP at all since his model is a usa model and cant unlock the BL like you can.

You will likely confuse people by trying to hijack the thread to solve your own issues that are unrelated to this thread. Just saying.

You're right on one point is that my post has nothing to do with OP but it was just a response to your own post... ^^

I'm here on XDA over 10 years and I always rooted my devices and I also saw different US Samsung devices being unlocked after a certain time...

So it's not a matter of hijacking the thread to solve my own issues but just a conversation to explain the situation of both A52 5G and A52S 5G whether from USA or International model...

Last edited:

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
both of those are unlockable and rootable but the op in this thread has a A526U or A526U1 so you both are in the wrong thread lol none of that will work on his device and sibce hes not unlocked and cant unlock in the first place he cant flash any custom firmware at all.

Well I'm not really wrong as I simply tried to solve the OP missing OEM Toggle ! :LOL:

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
You're right on one point is that my post has nothing to do with OP but it was just a response to your own post... ^^

I'm here on XDA over 10 years and I always rooted my devices and I also saw different US Samsung devices being unlocked after a certain time...

So it's not a matter of hijacking the thread to solve my own issues but just a conversation to explain the situation of both A52 5G and A52S 5G whether from USA or International model...
a response to my own post saying the links provided likely only applied to international variants and NOT to the usa models and therefore are irrelevant doesnt mean its ok to confuse ppl and hijack a thread to try and solve your own problem lol..

It is hijacking because the international models and the usa models are very different when it comes to unlocking the bootloader.. USA models cannot unlock the BL whereas Intl' models can.. you can unlock your bl but dont know how to root it which is completely dif. than the ops issue who cant even unlock the BL.. the "situations" you are trying to explain are completely different.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    again, assuming you have a usa model (buying from samsung doesnt answer that question unless you say you bought a usa model from samsung meaning its a U1 model) then your bl cant be unlocked without paid service and you will not have oem unlock toggle at all
    I said yes, can you recommend someone? Or where I can find them?

Maybe you can try something like this ?

just saying...