• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I Flashed My Note 20 Ultra With Recovery.img And Now Its Stuck On Orange State "Bootloader Unlocked" Warning Message!

Search This thread

ChrisRobbinson

Apr 3, 2021
Ok Guys So I Shouldn't Have Done This But I Used Fastboot To Flash Recovery And I think I Did It Wrong. It Said "ok" And Finished And I Rebooted Phone It Resetted And Then Stuck On The Orange State Bootloader Message. I Do The Recovery Mode And Goes Black And Nothing Is Responsive For a While, Sometimes Longer Than Others. This Happens If I Start Phone Normal Or Try Fastboot Or Download.

Because Of My Mistake I Cannot Connect To Pc Software And Im Not Sure Of What I Can Do. I Feel Like Im Not Going To Like The Answer For This :( But I Got To Take The Blame For This.

Btw i Have A Samsung galaxy Note 20 Ultra Sm-N986u

Reactions: Carl Johnson (Cj)

mamba76

Apr 16, 2018
so you can't get fastboot using volume up+power or via adb?
rescue from manufacturer site pos or just device not being recognised?

David03354

Apr 3, 2021
It isn't hard bricked it's just way of Samsung trying to make life of simple people more difficult, people who paid for Samsung phones lots of money.

To sort that screen issues what you can surely do is,
Simply press volup + voldown buttons at the same time, no matter if you're on that orange screen or whatever just press those those two buttons at the same time and keep pressing them while you connect your phone to pc. you will boot into download mode. Then flash stock firmware for your phone. After stock of flashed Reboot and start your phone, go to developer options see if oem unlock option is there if it is then oem unlock it if it is not then go back to settings manually change date to year ago, then go to updates disable auto update, connect to WiFi, and press on update several times untill window shows up saying no updates, then go to developer options you should see oem unlock, unlock it.
Then boot into download mode and make sure you have working copy of recovery.

And make sure you follow instructions of whoever recovery you installed on how to boot into recovery. I have S20 plus and too had troubles with it, and the only working recovery for my phone is twrp customised. To boot into it after flashing recovery from odin auto reboot disabled I pressed voldown and power, USB cable connected, then after screen goes off I changed from voldown to volup while kept pressing power button and cable connected. Orange screen with warning showed up for 5 sec I kept pressing and it bottled to twrp and then I was able to install custom rom beyond rom and while installing in aroma I was able ti choose option to remove orange screen.

That's it.

bobbykurvar

Dec 22, 2020
I ran into the same error. I mistakenly loaded twrp's recovery into userdata instead of ap section. The phone was stuck at the orange screen and nothing was happening whatever i pressed. I waited till the battery to dry out and with 0% battery, i directly connected to pc and was able to get into download mode. Then i flashed stock and everything is now back to normal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok Guys So I Shouldn't Have Done This But I Used Fastboot To Flash Recovery And I think I Did It Wrong. It Said "ok" And Finished And I Rebooted Phone It Resetted And Then Stuck On The Orange State Bootloader Message. I Do The Recovery Mode And Goes Black And Nothing Is Responsive For a While, Sometimes Longer Than Others. This Happens If I Start Phone Normal Or Try Fastboot Or Download.

Because Of My Mistake I Cannot Connect To Pc Software And Im Not Sure Of What I Can Do. I Feel Like Im Not Going To Like The Answer For This :( But I Got To Take The Blame For This.

Btw i Have A Samsung galaxy Note 20 Ultra Sm-N986u