I flashed twrp but now I'm stuck at an error "Unable to wipe Data. Unable to format to remove encryption".

Search This thread

th1nd

Account currently disabled
Dec 20, 2017
GB
meettomy.site
i flashed twrp but now im stuck at a formatting error called "mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/sdc46 29325304 process ended with ERROR: 1 Unable to wipe Data. Unable to format to remove encryption."

I am installing PE11 Exp. ROM and right after successfully flashing my PE ROM I am stuck at this format stage. Will I be needing to flash MIUI stock rom and uninstall TWRP or what now? I'm confused. Pls help.

th1nd

Dec 20, 2017
GB
meettomy.site
i flashed twrp but now im stuck at a formatting error called "mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/sdc46 29325304 process ended with ERROR: 1 Unable to wipe Data. Unable to format to remove encryption."

I am installing PE11 Exp. ROM and right after successfully flashing my PE ROM I am stuck at this format stage. Will I be needing to flash MIUI stock rom and uninstall TWRP or what now? I'm confused. Pls help.
Just changed the formatter in format settings (rm -rf instead of formatting) and it did install PE rom but my internal storage is inaccessible now :confused:.

Last edited:

Swearinbag

Jan 17, 2016
Same issue here, haven't changed the format settings yet. Did you fix the issue with the internal storage?

GleenCross81

Nov 13, 2016
Just need for more steps. Wipe dalvik, data, cache, system, vendor > Reboot recovery. Format data> Reboot recovery. Then start do flash rom and do other steps again. This happen because of encryption. If wipe data error, go in fastboot and type "fastboot -w" in ADB PC
I am stuck as well. I followed the flash guide of the LiteUp MIUI V12.5 rom for the redemi note 8 pro: https://telegra.ph/Steps-01-01 And I got the error message after formatting the data. I asked on the telegram channel and they told me to change the file system to ext4, but that didn't worked. I tried your solution of wipe, then reboot recovery, fromat data, reboot recovery... flashed the rom again and then I rebooted straight to TWRP again. Can you help me?

jamiehawman

Mar 26, 2020
Anyone know how to fix this I've tried to format data typed yes and this is what I get back using OnePlus 6t android 11 twrp 3.7.0

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-24-13-13-25.png
    Screenshot_2023-01-24-13-13-25.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 268

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Anyone know how to fix this I've tried to format data typed yes and this is what I get back using OnePlus 6t android 11 twrp 3.7.0
If you have PC, boot in fastboot mode and type "fastboot -w"
If you dont have PC, you can do some tricks to format:
- For flash new rom, Wipe necessary things > Reboot Recovery > Format data > Reboot Recovery > Flash rom
- Or you can go Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Data and Change File System to Ext4 (Or any default file system that your phone using)

jamiehawman

Mar 26, 2020
i rebooted the twrp asked for password it decrypted so now il drag and drop magisk to phone do i need to drag and drop the twrp and that rom too

jamiehawman

Mar 26, 2020
ive sorted it now well a g
If you have PC, boot in fastboot mode and type "fastboot -w"
If you dont have PC, you can do some tricks to format:
- For flash new rom, Wipe necessary things > Reboot Recovery > Format data > Reboot Recovery > Flash rom
- Or you can go Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Data and Change File System to Ext4 (Or any default file system that your phone using)
uy sorted it for me i had to install a new rom install the new twrp and wallah all good

wenyendev

Aug 29, 2022
Back up your data if you still can.

You can try two methods below. Be careful: both will wipe our your data.

Method 1: boot into fastboot
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system

Try flashing a recovery
fastboot flash recovery [name-of-your-recovery.img]

Method 2: boot into recovery, if you still can
In Twrp / Orangefox / other recovery, format data -> yes;
Plus, you can wipe data, cache and other partitions in recovery.

thaikinh

Nov 24, 2007
Hanoi
koreandroids.blogspot.com
Back up your data if you still can.

You can try two methods below. Be careful: both will wipe our your data.

Method 1: boot into fastboot
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system

Try flashing a recovery
fastboot flash recovery [name-of-your-recovery.img]

Just logged in to say thanks. I flashed a PixelOS Rom without removing the password on the old ROM, and the storage is encrypted. Failed to format data, TWRP bootloop, tried different methods, did not work until I found this post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just need for more steps. Wipe dalvik, data, cache, system, vendor > Reboot recovery. Format data> Reboot recovery. Then start do flash rom and do other steps again. This happen because of encryption. If wipe data error, go in fastboot and type "fastboot -w" in ADB PC