• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I got a new Head unit, I need a lot of help, please

Search This thread

ElShaman

Sep 26, 2021
Hi, guys I'm new at this, so bear with me, I got a new android 10 unit from AliExpress, https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLwdGdk, the t7 with 4gb 64gb storage. I got here and checked and it's fine, same specs. My car is a Peugeot 508 2013.

Everything is working according to the specs, but the canbus setting are very different from what I've seen in other units alike this one. The seller has been trying to help me, but is hard due the language barrier and the time difference, 12 hours. I have the code for the factory settings. 3368, dunno if that is helpful.

First I can't seem to find how to put the front camera after reverse with the lines, I tried one option and swaps, but stays on it doesn't automatically turns off. Also there is no option to change the resolution of the camera in the radio.

I saw another video and that unit got messages from the car into the unit.

That's a canbus problem, if it is can I buy another one? Or can it be upgraded without bricking it. Is a launcher issue?, I'm lost.

Also is it safe to install any other launcher via the playstore?

Any tips are really appreciate it.

Thanks

This is the canbus I got installed with the car. 20210926_161711.jpg

Last edited:

ElShaman

Sep 26, 2021
take a picture of your " Settings " page? Is there a "Reverse" in the men
Here are the pics, according to the seller it cannot be used like that, if I change the canbus for another model of canbus that supports my 508? will the menu change of the canbus? or it has to be the software? Can I install for example the junsun or joying? That has the same CPU?

20210927_075537.jpg20210927_075519.jpg20210927_075528.jpg

Last edited: