I got Call and Text from other devices working on Tab S7+ 5G (at least on Tmobile)

Search This thread

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
I got call and text from other devices working on my Tmobile Tab S7+ 5G. It's super easy. All you need to do is install the apk below because apparently, all we were missing was the app. That's literally all I did.

WARNING: Just be warned as soon as mine connected, it resent a ton of old messages to a bunch of people in my history. They were all previously sent messages and I think it was due to using Pulse as a workaround. When they first sync'd up, the tablet resent them. Once that finished, it's working perfectly.

Enjoy

Attachments

• com.samsung.android.mdecservice_3.2.12.1-321200001_minAPI29(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkm...apk
    7.6 MB · Views: 1,044
  • Screenshot_20210510-213752_Call & text on other devices.jpg
    Screenshot_20210510-213752_Call & text on other devices.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 498
  • Screenshot_20210510-213546_Call & text on other devices.jpg
    Screenshot_20210510-213546_Call & text on other devices.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 495
  • Screenshot_20210511-002838_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210511-002838_Settings.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 394
  • Screenshot_20210511-002752_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210511-002752_Settings.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Reactions: Dvalin21 and Scott

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
It's already installed on my phone by default. The issue has been with the carrier branded Tab S7 Plus not having access to this feature. Everyone thought it had been locked by the carrier or even Samsung but we're simply lacking the app. I can't help you with the phone but it's now working on the Tab S7 Plus 5G.

Hitti2

It's already installed on my phone by default. The issue has been with the carrier branded Tab S7 Plus not having access to this feature. Everyone thought it had been locked by the carrier or even Samsung but we're simply lacking the app. I can't help you with the phone but it's now working on the Tab S7 Plus 5G.
aren't you supposed to link it to your cell phone or something from your tablet? otherwise for me this is pointless to me because it just crashes on my S10 Plus.

nbowser22

Feb 1, 2013
Chardon
I was able to get this installed and enabled on my verizon note 20 ultra as well as my tab s7+. However the messages and dialer app are missing off the tab s7+ and I cannot find an apk for them. The ones for the phones won't install. Even when sideloading.

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
I was able to get this installed and enabled on my verizon note 20 ultra as well as my tab s7+. However the messages and dialer app are missing off the tab s7+ and I cannot find an apk for them. The ones for the phones won't install. Even when sideloading.
The message apk is above but here you go.

Here's the dialer.

I'm not sure why they're missing, aside from VZW being stupid. I have no idea if these will work but it shouldn't hurt anything to try.

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
I did this to my T-Mobile S7+ as well and messaging works fine. The phone app is in the list of apps but doesn't make or receive calls, although it shows when I have a missed call. I suspect there are other resources that need to be installed?

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
I did this to my T-Mobile S7+ as well and messaging works fine. The phone app is in the list of apps but doesn't make or receive calls, although it shows when I have a missed call. I suspect there are other resources that need to be installed?
Any update? I have an unlocked ( originally TMO S7+ - SM T978U) I got the call from other devices ask installed and it appears to be active see attached. It does text.

But when I attempt a call it tries then immediately ends

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210605-214310_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210605-214310_Settings.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20210605-213953_Call & text on other devices.jpg
    Screenshot_20210605-213953_Call & text on other devices.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20210605-214317_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210605-214317_Settings.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 95

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
So I posted over on the other thread. But I was able to get all of this installed into my now network unlock S7 Plus originally T-Mobile. Everything seems to have worked correctly but when I initiate the phone call it starts the call but then immediately drops it. I remember some similar Behavior back when I was trying to do custom roms on my S7 edge. It had to do with trying to get AT&T to work with Wi-Fi calling and some other issues. But apparently there was some sort of mismatch between the modem and maybe something in the CSC. Has anybody had this experience where the phone calls are immediately dropped but with all else seemingly working?

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
Update to the previous post -- I got Calls from other device working but only when I am on the same WiFi network (and it would not work on a hotel network, only when I got home to my home Wifi)

Still would love to hear where the SM-T978U1 firmware is that has been mentioned here -- can't see to find it

Hero_is_Over

Nov 5, 2012
I got call and text from other devices working on my Tmobile Tab S7+ 5G. It's super easy. All you need to do is install the apk below because apparently, all we were missing was the app. That's literally all I did.

WARNING: Just be warned as soon as mine connected, it resent a ton of old messages to a bunch of people in my history. They were all previously sent messages and I think it was due to using Pulse as a workaround. When they first sync'd up, the tablet resent them. Once that finished, it's working perfectly.

Enjoy
why not use DIGITS?

SovPanda

Aug 14, 2013
It was a basic feature from the tab s6 had on default when tmobile sold it. Digits is an additional $10 with autopay/$15 without autopay monthly feature from tmobile. Samsung disabled calling on purpose with their agreement with carriers so they could charge their monthly charge version

nbowser22

Feb 1, 2013
Chardon
The message apk is above but here you go.

Here's the dialer.

I'm not sure why they're missing, aside from VZW being stupid. I have no idea if these will work but it shouldn't hurt anything to try.
Still won't let me install. Looks like I'm going to have to attempt to flash the unbranded firmware and hope for the best.

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
OKC
Still won't let me install. Looks like I'm going to have to attempt to flash the unbranded firmware and hope for the best.
Did you get that software installed and also do you have a link for it? Thanks. I have the tmobile s7, if there is a way to unlock it before its done being paid off someone please let me know

I wrote about this in another thread back in either March or April. This works, but there are some quirks:

Your phone and tablet must be on the same network. This may not work in public networks because device discovery is unavailable (so your tablet can't find your phone regardless of being on the same network). And both devices have to be signed into the same Samsung account (not sure why this one is necessary, but if I sign out on either everything stops working).

Also, occasional updates of various apps in the store cause the phone portion of this to stop working. You should get a message when this happens that a default has been changed. Just go back to Settings -> Advanced -> Calls and Text on other devices, and then turn it back on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enjoy
    Thank you so much worked for me on my tab s7 tmobile.