• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I got the Google Pixel 5, what do you need to know?

Search This thread

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA

Interesting. Surprised they even bother to list 2G anymore.

What country are you in if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. Not exactly what I was expecting. I'm surprised 2G is there and I'm surprised it has 4G instead of LTE.

My Pixel 2 XL has LTE and 3G so I was expecting 5G, LTE and 3G. Either way it does appear that I'll be able to disable 5G which is what I was really looking for. :good:

TotallydubbedHD

Dec 7, 2010
London
www.totallydubbed.net
Wait, I thought you were kidding. LOL What does R-release refer to?

Is yours REALLY a test model??

Yeah I got it pre-release and don't think it's fully updated yet lol. Need to check on this.

Thanks. Not exactly what I was expecting. I'm surprised 2G is there and I'm surprised it has 4G instead of LTE.

My Pixel 2 XL has LTE and 3G so I was expecting 5G, LTE and 3G. Either way it does appear that I'll be able to disable 5G which is what I was really looking for. :good:

Indeed, you can disable it! :)

TotallydubbedHD

Dec 7, 2010
London
www.totallydubbed.net

seshaz

Jun 7, 2012
Tucson
Google Pixel 5
How much bright display is?
Can you force 90hz from developer settings?
How is haptics?
How is stereo speakers?
How slow it feels to flagship phones like Pixel 4 or Note 20 Ultra? Especially if someone is using 2020 flagship phones.
1st answer yes
Haptic is weak
Speaker is not great and not dual like the last year's and it's fast as any phone I've used in 2020 including note 20 ultra, S20 ultra, one plus 8, pixel 4A

Top Liked Posts