• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

I have a Huawei Honor 7 with a locked bootloader and no access.

Search This thread

pawelam

Dec 19, 2014
I got my Honor 7 secondhand, and in the state it is I suspect it's bricked, as the system doesn't boot but fast boot does. I've been able to start in up in fast boot mode, but I couldn't flash recovery because fast boot shows an error saying I have no permission. I can unlock the bootloader if I had the IMEI of the phone, but I cannot boot therefore can't see it. I did not get the original box, so I can't get it from there either. The SIM tray was lost ¬¬. I have tried fastboot getvar IMEI, but I get the same error. Is there any tool or any way I could obtain the IMEI or skip the IMEI process indefinitely? Worst case scenario I would have to disassemble the phone to get it, which I prefer not to do.

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality
even with the imei, the unlock site now requires you to use the actual device (with an account) on their site for 14 days :mad: so that doesn't help!
without the sim tray you can't flash stock either (as you have no access to internal storage, and i doubt stock recovery allows adb push)

you could try the eRecovery. it's supposed to get packages via wifi:
plug in usb data (connected to a pc)
turn it on holding vol+ until the eRecovery starts up

from my Huawei flashing experiences i doubt it will actually work :silly: but worth a try before you have to ring Huawei...

Reactions: pawelam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    even with the imei, the unlock site now requires you to use the actual device (with an account) on their site for 14 days :mad: so that doesn't help!
    without the sim tray you can't flash stock either (as you have no access to internal storage, and i doubt stock recovery allows adb push)

you could try the eRecovery. it's supposed to get packages via wifi:
    plug in usb data (connected to a pc)
    turn it on holding vol+ until the eRecovery starts up

from my Huawei flashing experiences i doubt it will actually work :silly: but worth a try before you have to ring Huawei...