• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question I have a Moto E XT2052 Tracfone. I cant find a way to root the phone or how to get a physical image. Apparently both require unlocked bootloader. Hel

Search This thread

Songbird47

Nov 15, 2021
I have a Moto E XT25052 Tracfone. After months of research, I have been unable to find any answers on how to root this phone or how to acquire a physical image. Apparently, everything I am trying to do requires an unlocked bootloader. I even tried to pay to have it rooted only to be told its unrootable. Im actually trying to restore deleted text and data. Have tried purchasing many restoration programs that didnt work. And now am studying mobile forensics. I even purchased a Cellebrite Touch only to find out it doesn't support the Moto E and if it did ..bootloader stills needs to be unlocked to acquire physical image. Any help that will actually work would be greatly appreciated. I have exhausted myself looking for the answers. Thought its time to seek help.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I have a Moto E XT25052 Tracfone. After months of research, I have been unable to find any answers on how to root this phone or how to acquire a physical image. Apparently, everything I am trying to do requires an unlocked bootloader. I even tried to pay to have it rooted only to be told its unrootable. Im actually trying to restore deleted text and data. Have tried purchasing many restoration programs that didnt work. And now am studying mobile forensics. I even purchased a Cellebrite Touch only to find out it doesn't support the Moto E and if it did ..bootloader stills needs to be unlocked to acquire physical image. Any help that will actually work would be greatly appreciated. I have exhausted myself looking for the answers. Thought its time to seek help.
If you have a windows machine LMSA is the easiest way to get the firmware,
and it's really the best way to flash the firmware if the bootloader is locked.

If you want to root a Moto device you need to unlock the bootloader.

Unlocking the bootloader will wipe the device (factory reset)

Songbird47

Nov 15, 2021
If you have a windows machine LMSA is the easiest way to get the firmware,
and it's really the best way to flash the firmware if the bootloader is locked.

If you want to root a Moto device you need to unlock the bootloader.

Unlocking the bootloader will wipe the device (factory reset)
Thank you the replys. And suggestions. Will Instill be able to recover the deleted data and messages if it is factory restore?

Songbird47

Nov 15, 2021
It's a TracFone variant,you won't be able to do bootloader unlock. No ifs ands or buts. You need a boost,sprint,TMobile,or Metro variant for that. Or factory unlocked
Yeah apparently so, I have hit a brick wall.at every turn. So heres the real question and sole reason behind all the months of trying. Do you know if anyway I could possibly restore deleted text on this device and other data?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Yeah apparently so, I have hit a brick wall.at every turn. So heres the real question and sole reason behind all the months of trying. Do you know if anyway I could possibly restore deleted text on this device and other data?
No, the data is encrypted, even if you unlocked the bootloader, you couldn't restore any deleted data.
Unlocking deletes the encryption key need to use the data.

Songbird47

Nov 15, 2021
No, the data is encrypted, even if you unlocked the bootloader, you couldn't restore any deleted data.
Unlocking deletes the encryption key need to use the data.
Ok so is there anyway you can think of to create a physical image of the data to the use forensica to decifer? Or could I acquire it from a system dump?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you the replys. And suggestions. Will Instill be able to recover the deleted data and messages if it is factory restore?
    It's a TracFone variant,you won't be able to do bootloader unlock. No ifs ands or buts. You need a boost,sprint,TMobile,or Metro variant for that. Or factory unlocked