I have a perfect Infinity TF700--I love it!

Search This thread

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
It was suggested that those with great Infinity TF700s who are happy with them post about how great their tablet is. I've been saying that mine (32GB Amethyst Grey with the TF700 AG Keyboard Dock) is a fantastic device and I wouldn't trade it for anything currently on the market.

My tab is flawless, hardware-wise: no loose screen, lifted edges, light bleed, dead pixels, scratches, etc. It is rooted, unlocked and has TWRP custom recovery and ZEUS v4 ICS stock-based custom rom, which makes it so fluid and deliciously fast. I'm using Browser2Ram, which seems to have improved browsing (which wasn't bad anyway). I really am not experiencing I/O issues (RL Benchmark shows 19 overall, but random writes is still slow) and antutu scores consistently over 14,000. Navigating the Netflix app sucks, but playback is a delight. The Infinity screen is so nice, it's hard to watch a video on anything else. I do have some issues with apps that are not yet optimised for the screen resolution, but that will come in time. The keyboard dock is just an integral part of my TF700. I can't do without it. I go all day with lots of screen-on time, browsing (much time on xda!) and I've never yet gone to bed without some charge remaining. Standby battery life is astonishing.

I installed Google Now and I keep forgetting that the Infinity is still on ICS. It is performing like a champ and is as good as my three other Jellybean devices. Oh, and I usually operate in powersave or balanced mode! The custom rom and various system tweaks are responsible for this improved performance. In my experience, custom roms/kernels will always trump stock. I understand why people are hesitant to unlock and lose their ASUS warranty, but I bought a 2 year Square Trade warranty with coverage for accidental damage, so I feel pretty good about my unlocked state. It's well worth it.

Well that's my happy story. My advice is: don't put up with bad hardware. Exchange it if there are any major issues or minor issues that will bug you. keep exchanging til you are satisfied. Software-wise, there are many improvements coming your way. Be a bit patient for JB and later updates, or be adventurous and root/unlock and flash the great rom we have now...there will be more to come.

Last edited:

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
initially, i started having trouble with slowness and force closes. but after a hard reset, everything seems fine now. I recently had an issue with Maps, but the problem has gone away.

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
I have some minor light bleeds that I can live with, maybe 1-2 game crash in about a month of ownership, tablet is still not accepting my class 10 microsd 64gb (luckily the dock is fine with it), havent tried the blue tooth and streaming yet. I overall satisfied with it and waiting to see if JB can make it even better.

ntamat

Feb 1, 2012
I agree 100%
It`s built with perfection, no problem with the screen, dock etc. I have no lag or slugginess. It plays anything i throw at it. I run it just as it was out of the box. I have no problem with battery. Keep it with me all day, wifi allways active, surfing, writing, reading a lot. Heavy email user. Allways runs in "balanced" mode. Medium screen brightness. Only time i really notice any battery drain is when i stream and play my 1080p shows from my windows home server, i watch 4-5 hours at night and then i recharge, very normal for a tab. Browser sucks but thats a software issue.

When i read some of the negative comments and post over the last few days i first thought i was in the wrong forum, this cant be my TF700T they are talking about? But i really feel for thoose of you who have got problems with loose screens etc. Take that unit back to the store asap, thats not how the TF700T should be. And most of them are not.

I owned several tabs and tablet PC`s. I have very high standards and I dont stand for poor build quality, laggy software. Believe me when I say the TF700T is right now one of the absolute best Android tablets on the market. (In 2 months who know..) :)

I own the european (WW) version with 64mb and the only thing that explains the difference in build quality is there from different build batches in the assembly line.

For anyone that thinking about picking one up I say go for it!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

nramprabhu

Mar 20, 2006
Dublin , CA
+1 Here. I am having TF700 for the past one month ( Exchanged my TF201 in BestBuy) . I don't have any problems with it. Very very negligible light bleed ( i can live with it) , No lag at all. No problems with the battery . GPS works like a dream , Wifi is considerably strong and stable ( compared with TF201 ) .

Another happy user here.

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
This is turning out to be just like the Primes "Positive Thread." With all the negitive post a few have been posting and reposting, it's nice to have a solid thread where people can express there joy satisfaction regarding owning the Infinity. I am also in the positive happy catagory:D very little to non exsistant LB! Everything is solid even streaming/using my BT headset for audio is great!
JB is starting to pop up as well:) Can't wait for some JB love!

Reactions: cheltenham2004

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
No bugs here that weren't my non understanding of the OS or features of the tablet.

A few threads about problem devices had me pushing on the glass and thinking my wifi and GPS were under-performing.
Haven't seen any of that after 38 days of tinkering.
Hell I even left Mr Infinity all alone for two whole days!
When I flipped open the cover and pressed the button he woke up and said "swipe me!!!"
Very exciting l tell you.

Color me :D happy...

Crizthakidd

Jul 28, 2010
Jersey
i want to love mine but i dont know if i just keep getting unlucky. google play force closes on me a lot ;[ . movies are fine and beautiful make sure u partition ur sd cards right. games run fine that you actually buy. other then that this tablet is sexy as f

houtx2

Sep 16, 2011
Houston
I exchanged my Best Buy Prime last weekend for an Infinity and I have none of the issues others are talking about. This is what the Prime should have been all along. No bleed, wifi and GPS both good. Very pleased.

Reactions: okantomi

Dee Envy

Aug 19, 2012
It's good to see a thread like this. It gets pretty discouraging reading those negative threads of problems.

I have had my Infinity since July and am loving it!
No issues with screen, USB SD card or any of the reported problems I have seen.
This 64 Gb tablet has a dock and I have stuffed the SD slots with 32Gb's each.
It just WORKS!

The only thing that hasn't been tried is the HDMI. I have no need for it yet but the way things are going, it should be good to go.

I am so glad I didn't go with an iPad!

Rsmin

Feb 22, 2012
Mine became perfect when I read in these forums to turn on the performance mode. Ever since purchasing this tablet i had it in balanced mode and didn't even consider moving it to performance mode. Once I did that the tablet became smoother, faster and were no longer having issues with the tablet. It is like having a new tablet.

I appreciate the info i have gotten in this forum. It has kept me from making a mistake in returning this tablet. I am totally satisfied with the TF700.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

rlarson)mn

Aug 25, 2007
My TF700T with its two TF201 dock keyboards works great. I have had zero issues from the start. I use my tablet with the dock most of the time as a unit. So much so that I purchased an additional TF201 dock keyboard. I keep the second dock attached to my AC power charger awaiting the need to swap out the dock thats currents attached to my tablet. After a heavy day of usage my tablet has some where around 40% remaining with the dock almost drained. At that time I just exchange docks and I am good to go. Both of my dock keyboards are a TF201 Prime version but both were updated from revision 206 to 207 as soon as they had the tablet inserted into them with a wifi network connected. I had a TF101 and a TF201 but this unit is fantastic from my standpoint. I can only imagine how it will perform once Jelly Bean is loaded onto it.

Midnitte

Jun 17, 2010
New Jersey
Loving mine as well, netflix works great and the only problem I've noticed is that sometimes I fail to press the h key. Great otherwise, tablet talk works great for it as well. Got a neoprene (roocase) case for it which works great

Only problem I have with my infinity is the browsing, but I expect that will be fixed directly. Other than that my device is good to go.
Chrome as been wonderful for me, and it renders everything great - havent even noticed im in android tbh

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It was suggested that those with great Infinity TF700s who are happy with them post about how great their tablet is. I've been saying that mine (32GB Amethyst Grey with the TF700 AG Keyboard Dock) is a fantastic device and I wouldn't trade it for anything currently on the market.

My tab is flawless, hardware-wise: no loose screen, lifted edges, light bleed, dead pixels, scratches, etc. It is rooted, unlocked and has TWRP custom recovery and ZEUS v4 ICS stock-based custom rom, which makes it so fluid and deliciously fast. I'm using Browser2Ram, which seems to have improved browsing (which wasn't bad anyway). I really am not experiencing I/O issues (RL Benchmark shows 19 overall, but random writes is still slow) and antutu scores consistently over 14,000. Navigating the Netflix app sucks, but playback is a delight. The Infinity screen is so nice, it's hard to watch a video on anything else. I do have some issues with apps that are not yet optimised for the screen resolution, but that will come in time. The keyboard dock is just an integral part of my TF700. I can't do without it. I go all day with lots of screen-on time, browsing (much time on xda!) and I've never yet gone to bed without some charge remaining. Standby battery life is astonishing.

I installed Google Now and I keep forgetting that the Infinity is still on ICS. It is performing like a champ and is as good as my three other Jellybean devices. Oh, and I usually operate in powersave or balanced mode! The custom rom and various system tweaks are responsible for this improved performance. In my experience, custom roms/kernels will always trump stock. I understand why people are hesitant to unlock and lose their ASUS warranty, but I bought a 2 year Square Trade warranty with coverage for accidental damage, so I feel pretty good about my unlocked state. It's well worth it.

Well that's my happy story. My advice is: don't put up with bad hardware. Exchange it if there are any major issues or minor issues that will bug you. keep exchanging til you are satisfied. Software-wise, there are many improvements coming your way. Be a bit patient for JB and later updates, or be adventurous and root/unlock and flash the great rom we have now...there will be more to come.
    This is turning out to be just like the Primes "Positive Thread." With all the negitive post a few have been posting and reposting, it's nice to have a solid thread where people can express there joy satisfaction regarding owning the Infinity. I am also in the positive happy catagory:D very little to non exsistant LB! Everything is solid even streaming/using my BT headset for audio is great!
    JB is starting to pop up as well:) Can't wait for some JB love!
    I exchanged my Best Buy Prime last weekend for an Infinity and I have none of the issues others are talking about. This is what the Prime should have been all along. No bleed, wifi and GPS both good. Very pleased.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone