• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I have money!

Search This thread

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Real estate can a relatively safe investment. The absolute safest would be insured savings (short term investment, immediate accessibility) and government bonds (long term investment, usually only acceptable once mature).

Risk is usually directly proportional to reward. The highest risk vs reward is gambling; somewhere in the middle is the stock market; real estate is in the lower category, finally with government bonds being considered one of the safest.

There's also the capital gains tax to consider, at least in the US. If your gains are realized within a calendar year, you get taxed at the maximum amount. If it's over a year, the gains are just considered taxable income and are added to your gross.

It's impossible to predict the future, obviously. If I had invested $1000 in Tesla 5 years ago, that initial investment would now be worth over $20,000. If I had invested $500 into Google during my senior year of high school, I'd now have over $15k.

But...That's all money, and money can't buy you happiness. My father in law encouraged us to invest in our memories together, rather than money.

Reactions: Austinredstoner

starsbell

Jan 4, 2022
I noticed that more and more comments appear on social networks in which people write that they have a lot of money. It is especially funny to read when they offer to share money with you. Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Invest in Gamestop.
    Real estate can a relatively safe investment. The absolute safest would be insured savings (short term investment, immediate accessibility) and government bonds (long term investment, usually only acceptable once mature).

Risk is usually directly proportional to reward. The highest risk vs reward is gambling; somewhere in the middle is the stock market; real estate is in the lower category, finally with government bonds being considered one of the safest.

There's also the capital gains tax to consider, at least in the US. If your gains are realized within a calendar year, you get taxed at the maximum amount. If it's over a year, the gains are just considered taxable income and are added to your gross.

It's impossible to predict the future, obviously. If I had invested $1000 in Tesla 5 years ago, that initial investment would now be worth over $20,000. If I had invested $500 into Google during my senior year of high school, I'd now have over $15k.

But...That's all money, and money can't buy you happiness. My father in law encouraged us to invest in our memories together, rather than money.
    I have a lot of money in my sweet and horror dreams...:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool:
    Odp: I have money!

Yes, he is!:) get one of those "who wants to be a millionaire" games from Play Store, you could become a millionaire so easy

Send from my Asus Nexus 7.
    POOOLSKAAAA BIALOOOO CZEEERWONIIIII!!!!!
    Invest in Gamestop.