I have problem with locking my bootloader

Search This thread

msobarzoe13

Feb 7, 2018
Finally I could relock the bootloader, but I noticed that I don´t have any network, so I was forced to unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom to get my imei back. Somebody has solved this issue, or someone had this issue?

championc

Oct 30, 2006
Dublin
I'm on Stock ROM with Root.

Am I correct to say that this will restore to Unroot WITHOUT a factory reset and losing all data and apps ?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
I'm on Stock ROM with Root.

Am I correct to say that this will restore to Unroot WITHOUT a factory reset and losing all data and apps ?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

If you're referring to re-locking your bootloader, the OEM lock commands (required for locking your bootloader) will erase your device, unfortunately. You'd also likely have to ensure OEM unlocking is enabled in Settings>Developer Options for locking to work.

If you simply wish to unroot, you could flash the same stock ROM that you have at the moment, but omitting the fastboot erase userdata command and without locking your bootloader (so keeping your data). Thus, the command list would look something like this:

Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot reboot

Thus, you should be reverting back to the same stock ROM that you had, without root. Of course, as with any system flash, ensure you have a backup in case you have to factory reset. You'd also have the unlocked bootloader warning as well.

championc

Oct 30, 2006
Dublin
Many thanks for the concise reply. I think I'll bite the bullet and just revert it totally back to it's "shipped" condition.

So is it necessary to still download and install the two Roms listed in the first post ?

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
Many thanks for the concise reply. I think I'll bite the bullet and just revert it totally back to it's "shipped" condition.

So is it necessary to still download and install the two Roms listed in the first post ?

If your device is reteu, then I think those two firmwares in the first post are not for you. In theory, you could flash and attempt to re-lock with them, I think you won't receive any OTA updates however as your device would be on the incorrect firmware for your software channel.

I hope someone can confirm, it appears you would want one of the NPSS26.116-26 series of firmwares for reteu. However, I can only find the NPSS26.116-26-4 (Oct 2017 security patch) firmware on https://firmware.center/firmware/Motorola/Moto G5s Plus/Stock/ and I can't find links/sources to firmwares newer than the NPSS26.116-26-8 (Jan 2018 security patch) builds.

If you rooted your device on the Oct 2017 security patch firmware, then you should be able to re-lock by downloading that firmware. However, if you're on a newer security patch firmware, then flashing older firmware won't re-lock your bootloader; you need firmware as new or newer than your bootloader version.

championc

Oct 30, 2006
Dublin
My device is an XT1805.

I'm on Security Patch from 01 March 2018 - NPSS26.116-61-5

So might I be best to wait for the EU Oreo Firmware to arrive ?

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
My device is an XT1805.

I'm on Security Patch from 01 March 2018 - NPSS26.116-61-5

So might I be best to wait for the EU Oreo Firmware to arrive ?

That's probably the best option, since the EU Oreo firmware should be new and also suitable for your device.

As to when that arrives, could be a couple of months depending on how the soak test goes.

FianChoego

Jan 24, 2017
Help me please,.
I'm on Security Patch from 01 March 2018 - NPSS26.116-61-5 and firmware for relock is 01 March 2018 - NPSS26.116-61-5

Can't flash oem.img ,etc
This message failed :

(Bootloader) Security version downgrade
(Bootloader) image a failed validation
(Bootloader) invalid signed image
(Bootloader) preflash validation failed
Failed (Remote failure)

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Thanks,working as charm
:)
What your method sir.? Im can't relock
Device XT1805 Path 1 Maret 2018

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
Help me please,.
I'm on Security Patch from 01 March 2018 - NPSS26.116-61-5 and firmware for relock is 01 March 2018 - NPSS26.116-61-5

Can't flash oem.img ,etc
This message failed :

(Bootloader) Security version downgrade
(Bootloader) image a failed validation
(Bootloader) invalid signed image
(Bootloader) preflash validation failed
Failed (Remote failure)

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

What your method sir.? Im can't relock
Device XT1805 Path 1 Maret 2018

Hmm, can you confirm that you have the NPSS26.116-61-5 firmware on your computer and extracted to the ADB folder?

I think though having an EU device, you ideally want the NPSS26.116-26 series of updates. I've found the March 2018 NPSS26.116-26-11 firmware here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76070231&postcount=24 You may wish to download this firmware, erase all other firmwares from your ADB folder and extract this firmware to your device. Then, reboot to bootloader and try locking with this firmware. Also, verify that you have OEM unlocking enabled in Settings>Developer Options on your device for re-locking.

FianChoego

Jan 24, 2017
Hmm, can you confirm that you have the NPSS26.116-61-5 firmware on your computer and extracted to the ADB folder?

I think though having an EU device, you ideally want the NPSS26.116-26 series of updates. I've found the March 2018 NPSS26.116-26-11 firmware here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76070231&postcount=24 You may wish to download this firmware, erase all other firmwares from your ADB folder and extract this firmware to your device. Then, reboot to bootloader and try locking with this firmware. Also, verify that you have OEM unlocking enabled in Settings>Developer Options on your device for re-locking.

Yes NPSS26.116-61-5 device XT1805
That default my firmware in device

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth

Okay, I'm just curious as I thought that firmware was mainly for Indian devices, with EU/XT1805 devices on a different firmware. I'm having difficulty finding XT1805 devices running that 61-5 firmware.

What commands are you using to flash the firmware to your device, and can you provide your getvar info please?

To get your getvar info (details about your device):
1)Boot your device to the bootloader.
2)Connect your device to your computer via USB.
3)Open your ADB terminal. Type 'fastboot devices' without quotes. Press Enter.
4)If you get a serial number response, then type 'fastboot getvar all' without quotes. Press Enter.
5)Post the output of that command here (either in a post or as an uploaded text file). You may wish to remove your IMEI.

Reactions: FianChoego

FianChoego

Jan 24, 2017
Okay, I'm just curious as I thought that firmware was mainly for Indian devices, with EU/XT1805 devices on a different firmware. I'm having difficulty finding XT1805 devices running that 61-5 firmware.

What commands are you using to flash the firmware to your device, and can you provide your getvar info please?

4)If you get a serial number response, then type 'fastboot getvar all' without quotes. Press Enter.
5)Post the output of that command here (either in a post or as an uploaded text file). You may wish to remove your IMEI.

Fixed,
Im flash firmware 61-8 April 2018 And relock... So worked.. But I can not get the latest updates... Let me get an update, how is it?
Bootloader is locked now

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth

Hmm, retID, for Indonesia? That's a software channel I've not seen before, in that case I don't know what you could receive for updates. I think there's the June 2018 update for 7.1.1, then you'd have to wait for the official Oreo OTA (the soak test is still proceeding).

Perhaps other retID users could comment?

FianChoego

Jan 24, 2017
Hmm, retID, for Indonesia? That's a software channel I've not seen before, in that case I don't know what you could receive for updates. I think there's the June 2018 update for 7.1.1, then you'd have to wait for the official Oreo OTA (the soak test is still proceeding).

Perhaps other retID users could comment?
:)Yes Indonesia

:(

pykfree

Mar 13, 2012
Payakumbuh, Indonesia

we're same. I have retID software channel on my device too, bootloader unlocked, and 1160-61-8 firmware version with april 2018 patch.
I think that is the latest firmware version on retID channel until now. there is no update yet.
we still get an OTA updates if the bootloader has unlocked, right?
So, whats the updates are you waiting for?

Last edited:
Reactions: FianChoego

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
Phone: xt1806 3gb/32gb US variant

Issue: can't lock bootloader.

Message I get is as follows:
Fastboot oem lock
(bootloader) slot-count: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
(bootloader) Still require signed boot.img
OKAY [ 0.177s]
finished. total time: 0.179s

Steps I've taken are:
Rebooting to fastboot, typing fastboot oem lock, then again fastboot oem lock, it says flash a valid image, I proceed with this....

I then type in fastboot oem lock, that is when I get you need a signed boot.img file. I am using the latest zip for xt1806 NPSS26.116-45-12 zip

I'm at a loss as to what to do now to get this thing locked. I'm desperate if anyone can help

Update:
I know now why I cannot lock the bl.
The ota I accepted is not out in zip so the latest there is for stock zip is at least 1 version older, so since I have taken and updated the ota, it is newer than the zip file I have, so since the phone needs the "latest" ota/zip and there is none out, that means there is no possible way to lock the bl, until someone releases a up to date zip, and I don't see that happening.

Last edited:

IgnaciusOP

Feb 26, 2018
Hello
I can't enable this option for lock bootloader
I tried write fastboot oem lock but I forgot enable this
I flashed NPS26.116-61 and NPSS26.116-45-5 and same
How I can relock my bootloader?
PS : when I flash stock rom in boot and recovery files I have: (bootloader) Image signed with key bad key

Señores Prueben de esta manera descarguen algún firmware compatible (prueben desde acá //mirrors.lolinet.com/[/ firmware/moto/sanders/official/RETAIL/ QUITEN EL ESPACIO Y AGREGUEN AL PRINCIPIO HTTPS) y descompriman, luego visualicen cuantos system.img_sparsechunk tiene el firmware en cuestión y personalicen un archivo .bat agregando todos los system.img_sparsechunk que contengan.... eje:

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.10
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot reboot

de esta manera tendrán éxito todos los comandos y guías en la web no contienen todos los system.img_sparsechunk por eso el problema!!!.
saludos :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello
    I can't enable this option for lock bootloader
    I tried write fastboot oem lock but I forgot enable this
    I flashed NPS26.116-61 and NPSS26.116-45-5 and same
    How I can relock my bootloader?
    PS : when I flash stock rom in boot and recovery files I have: (bootloader) Image signed with key bad key
    Expecting u have done everything right and know the basics .And this one worked for me with dec updated firmware. Copy all command cntr+V

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase customize
    fastboot erase clogo
    fastboot oem lock
    fastboot oem lock
    fastboot oem lock
    I will try it later
    I hope it help and I finally I 'll lock bootloader :D
    And I have last question
    It will relock with disabled oem unlocking option? When I tried fastboot oem lock command "cheak oem options"
    I am not sure weather it will work disabled oem.
    I read somewhere that to lock we have to enable it so when i was flashing i enabled it.

we're same. I have retID software channel on my device too, bootloader unlocked, and 1160-61-8 firmware version with april 2018 patch.
    I think that is the latest firmware version on retID channel until now. there is no update yet.
    we still get an OTA updates if the bootloader has unlocked, right?
    So, whats the updates are you waiting for?