• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I have the Mate 40 Pro, Ask me anything you like ☺️☺️

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds & vibration - More settings
    I am based in the UK and officially own the Huawei Mate 40 Pro. I will say now it's a ridiculously good phone. I cannot fault it at all. Ask me anything you like in regards to it (design, Usage, etc) ... Happy to answer all questions
    Hello

Right, to transfer full WhatsApp you'll need to copy & paste your WhatsApp folder into the Huawei (internal storage) specifically you'll need the "Databases" folder but I would copy the whole WhatsApp folder over so you have your photos, voice notes, videos etc. It's a tiny bit annoying, however, it's the only way to successfully restore your whole WhatsApp history onto the Huawei ?

The experience without google, for me, is really good. Yeah I won't lie, it would be nice to have google services on the mate 40 pro but it's a compromise I'm willing to live in, just need to put in some work to have the dbejxe to my liking. Photo/video/music uploads you can use the MEGA app, simply download it using huaweis Petal search. Contact sync I simply sent all my contacts by bluetooth from my old device to the new hauwei. Or you can back them up on your p30 pro to your Huawei account and download them to your new Huawei. G drive isn't working at all because it's needs gms. I needed g drive for my WhatsApp backup but I had to use the above method I've mentioned :) google Duo just won't work for now :( but I use WhatsApp video calls as the best alternative. Gmail doesn't work. But instead of gmail I use Outlook which is a very good email platform. Youtube doesn't work but youtube vanced is the much better alternative (no adverts and had background play)
    Thank you for your honest and solid reply.

I am extremely inclinded to this device but the region where I live (Middle East) the whatsapp calls are blocked and we have to rely on Google Duo (personal) & MS Teams for official calls (MS Teams not yet available on App Gallery).

How about launchers (I use Nova launcher)

Honestly speaking, i dont see any other phone which can challenge Mate40 Pro (nor Note 20, niether iPhone 12)

simillar to other apps , several local apps are also not available (Yes we can install via petal search or even other stores but i am not sure they might be dependednt on Google Services)
    Thank you for your honest and solid reply.

I am extremely inclinded to this device but the region where I live (Middle East) the whatsapp calls are blocked and we have to rely on Google Duo (personal) & MS Teams for official calls (MS Teams not yet available on App Gallery).

How about launchers (I use Nova launcher)

Honestly speaking, i dont see any other phone which can challenge Mate40 Pro (nor Note 20, niether iPhone 12)

simillar to other apps , several local apps are also not available (Yes we can install via petal search or even other stores but i am not sure they might be dependednt on Google Services)
    Why had the middle east blocked WhatsApp calls ? ? There are many alternatives, Skype, Viber, etc

Haven't tried nova launcher but will definitely get back to you on that

Currently the only apps which aren't working are Maps, gmail, g drive but I've found alternatives. Netflix works but not on full hd