Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358326311066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358326311066.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,170

anyadike

Mar 7, 2009
Chicago
Have no idea how big file is I just hit install and it rebooted here a screen shoot (well this not working ) but my kernel says jan. 5th

I have the notification, too. I see your version "T889UVALL4" isn't mentioned on the official T-Mobile Note 2 update page - weird. The latest version is supposed to be "T889UVALK8".
I'm trying to see what it is before I install - T-Mobile's site does not mention the software update, so I figured it was a minor update for an app or for the Exynos Abuse exploit, or something... Noticed anything different, yet?

Last edited:

xxjrsmith3xx

Aug 15, 2011
Corona
I have the notification, too. I see your version "T889UVALL4" isn't mentioned on the official T-Mobile Note 2 update page - weird. The latest version is supposed to be "T889UVALK8".
I'm trying to see what it is before I install - T-Mobile's site does not mention the software update, so I figured it was a minor update for an app or for the Exynos Abuse exploit, or something... Noticed anything different, yet?

ive honestly havnt might be overlooking it not sure but I didnt see how big I guess it automatically download and was ready to install.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

jhobert

Aug 15, 2011
Los Angeles CA
Same here, I just got the update, seems nothings added on the phone, I just clicked the start button and it rebooted. Hope somebody with better knowledge can chime in to explain whats the update all about.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

If its for the lte, shouldnt it be showing on the settings under network mode?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

rgrande

Jul 24, 2008
Yep, the update patched a few things all right, I've lost my "Exynos Abuse" root access. :(

I knew I shouldn't have clicked that install button!

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
Was your GN2 "modified"

I am updating through Kies and intercepted the file (around 1.2GB).
Enabled Root Keeper and see what's next.

update:
As I expected, root has been removed, but I regained it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1960784

Thanks for the info. I was wondering before you updated, when checking for updates on your GN2, did it give you the message

"Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available"

because you had been rooted? Therefore you did the update via Kies?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone