I literally just got an ATT OTA for 6.0.1.

Search This thread

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I received my update last night on my AT&T branded nexus 6.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

I'm hoping for improved battery life, that would be nice.

phoenixms

Jul 21, 2010
Do any of you have VoLTE working on factory image. This phone is capable but Att tells me its not.

This phone is capable of VoLTE. at&t has also been rapidly deploying VoLTE across the US. With that said, I'm fairly certain Nexus 6 will never have VoLTE on at&t. at&t has a certification process for phones to use their VoLTE at the moment. They just don't turn it on if the handset is capable like T-MO. They are only auto-certifying phones they sell of course. That doesn't mean unlocked phones can't be certified. The manufacture of the handset has to approach the carrier and have it "certified." At least that's what I've been lead to believe. The unlocked HTC A9 is the only handset, that I know of, that has been certified for use on at&t's VoLTE.

dirtyscout

Feb 23, 2011
Seattle
There tier 3 department told me that my phone isn't capable of VoLTE which is bs. And yes it is active in the Seattle Washington market. Plus I build AT&T cell towers or used to for the past 5yrs I've been lead optimizer and troubleshooter for the LTE growth project for 2yrs now and VoLTE has been deployed for a yr in Seattle quitely as they have lots of issues which keepse well paid ;)~

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone