I love my pixel 2xl but is blue tint dangerous for eyes?

Search This thread

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Is blue tint on pixel 2xl dangerous for eyes?
I (med student) am pleased that my knowledge can be shared here. I'm still a student and not an expert in ophthalmology, but I have basic knowledge about the matter.
In general, blue light has more effect on your brain than your eyes themselves, it keeps you awake. Reading mode or "night mode" or every other features that adds a red filter to your screen is made to filter blue light, thus not keeping you awake.

The main thing that's harmful to your eyes are the intensity of the light, the intensity contrast (a moderate light in a bright environment won't be harmful, but the same intensity in a dark room will surely harm your eyes in the long run), and the focus.
What I mean by the focus is that every activity (would it be reading books, reading on a screen, examining very small objects, ...) that forces your eye to accommodate (=focus) a long period of time or repeatedly is to be throughly limited by pauses in the viewing effort. Otherwise it could lead to acquired astigmatism or hypermetropia.
Often your works requires you to work on a screen nowadays, but you shall make pauses (I'd say 5min each hours) to rest your eyes.
The pauses to "rest your eyes" should consist in viewing as far as your glance can reach, perfect if you're in a building, or high up. That exercice will rest your eye's muscles and preserve your sight longer.

Have a good day ;)

Reactions: P2xl and Sachin

P2xl

Feb 25, 2021
I (med student) am pleased that my knowledge can be shared here. I'm still a student and not an expert in ophthalmology, but I have basic knowledge about the matter.
In general, blue light has more effect on your brain than your eyes themselves, it keeps you awake. Reading mode or "night mode" or every other features that adds a red filter to your screen is made to filter blue light, thus not keeping you awake.

The main thing that's harmful to your eyes are the intensity of the light, the intensity contrast (a moderate light in a bright environment won't be harmful, but the same intensity in a dark room will surely harm your eyes in the long run), and the focus.
What I mean by the focus is that every activity (would it be reading books, reading on a screen, examining very small objects, ...) that forces your eye to accommodate (=focus) a long period of time or repeatedly is to be throughly limited by pauses in the viewing effort. Otherwise it could lead to acquired astigmatism or hypermetropia.
Often your works requires you to work on a screen nowadays, but you shall make pauses (I'd say 5min each hours) to rest your eyes.
The pauses to "rest your eyes" should consist in viewing as far as your glance can reach, perfect if you're in a building, or high up. That exercice will rest your eye's muscles and preserve your sight longer.

Have a good day ;)
Very detailed reply, thanks a lot bro

Reactions: Raiz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is blue tint on pixel 2xl dangerous for eyes?

Have a good day ;)

Have a good day ;)
    Very detailed reply, thanks a lot bro
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone