I merged Oreo LG H820_30a source with android Oreo AOSP and now what

Search This thread

Theoinfo

Jun 23, 2019
So after week of fiddling I managed to create cache.img, ramdisk.img, system.img, userdata.img and image.gz (kernel). Problem is that LG UP opening only *.bin, *.kdz or *.tot. There is nowhere to see at least one guide how to create mentioned packages with files I created. Is that even possible?

For compilation I used newest 64bit Ubuntu Mate in Virtual Box, 8GB assigned memory and 200GB HDD space, unfortunately I don't have that much space on SDD so I used external HDD which caused to run the compilator almost whole day. 8GB memory is neccesary to set up memory for JACK to at least 6GB and 200GB for whole AOSP to download. My virtual machine has 126GB so in theory you might set up smaller space, dynamic allocation preffered.

I can't post source links which I used to build this because of 10 post limitation.

Last edited:
Reactions: xkikinx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So after week of fiddling I managed to create cache.img, ramdisk.img, system.img, userdata.img and image.gz (kernel). Problem is that LG UP opening only *.bin, *.kdz or *.tot. There is nowhere to see at least one guide how to create mentioned packages with files I created. Is that even possible?

For compilation I used newest 64bit Ubuntu Mate in Virtual Box, 8GB assigned memory and 200GB HDD space, unfortunately I don't have that much space on SDD so I used external HDD which caused to run the compilator almost whole day. 8GB memory is neccesary to set up memory for JACK to at least 6GB and 200GB for whole AOSP to download. My virtual machine has 126GB so in theory you might set up smaller space, dynamic allocation preffered.

I can't post source links which I used to build this because of 10 post limitation.