Question I need custom rom and twrp for galaxy tab a7 lite.

• Thread starter Deleted member 11637681
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 11637681

Twrp is not for galaxy tab a7 lite please i need a rom and twrp for this tablet. Thanks for watch this discussion.

ramz.pa

Jun 17, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
OnePlus 6
One ui core is phenomenal as it is, no offense to Samsung but I do believe that lineage OS or any other stock android OS would somehow increase the performance even more, battery life should may or may not change as it's great already!

R0GUEEE

Oct 25, 2021
Rooting itself is incredibly easy, just use the Magisk patched AP method after you unlock the bootloader.

As for custom recoveries. I've been working on it for a bit trying to port a working build, but as of this moment the only thing I have is a successful Odin flash with no actual TWRP boot (It just hangs at the "phone is not running Samsung official firmware" indefinitely, not an actual loop). Of course even with the broken recovery flashed, I can still boot to system, so I dunno.
But if anyone wants to give a fresh set of eyes and see if I've missed anything, I've attached a zip of the odin-ready recovery.img and the decompiled twrp build. Just let me know.

TLDR: For anyone just glancing over this, this IS NOT a working TWRP port

Attachments

• SM-T220 [TWRP 3.5.0] [Kernel 4.19.127].zip
    55.6 MB · Views: 1,053
Last edited:

ramz.pa

Jun 17, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
OnePlus 6
Rooting itself is incredibly easy, just use the Magisk patched AP method after you unlock the bootloader.

As for custom recoveries. I've been working on it for a bit trying to port a working build, but as of this moment the only thing I have is a successful Odin flash with no actual TWRP boot (It just hangs at the "phone is not running Samsung official firmware" indefinitely, not an actual loop). Of course even with the broken recovery flashed, I can still boot to system, so I dunno.
But if anyone wants to give a fresh set of eyes and see if I've missed anything, I've attached a zip of the odin-ready recovery.img and the decompiled twrp build. Just let me know.

Hey man that's great. I'm here for it👐🏼 I'll be the first one to try

vertab7

Aug 9, 2012

I too have a Tab A7 lite SM-T220 (rooted with Magisk) and cannot find any custom recovery anywhere ;( , if found would flashing say twrp on an already patched Magisk root cause unroot? Peace

cewrik

Oct 23, 2018
I too have a Tab A7 lite SM-T220 (rooted with Magisk) and cannot find any custom recovery anywhere ;( , if found would flashing say twrp on an already patched Magisk root cause unroot? Peace
Could anyone please kindly guide me how to unlock boot loader and root SM-T225.
Thanks in advance.
Hey man that's great. I'm here for it👐🏼 I'll be the first one to try
let me know if you find a solution. i want to root.

keepasa

Is there a procedure link for rooting by using the Magisk patched AP method and to unlock the bootloader? Thanks in advance!

cewrik

Oct 23, 2018
I tried a lot but still like this :(

Screenshot_20211221-213113.jpg

xpdragon

Reactions: kzhtun

tagcart

Jul 9, 2016

Have you made any headway? I also spent a significant amount of time attempting to port TWRP. I was able to get TWRP to boot but touch did not work. Plugging in a mouse to a usb dongle, I was about to navigate TWRP but I was not able to do much. I had probelms mounting and editing the DATA partition. Im guessing it was an FSTAB config or an android 11 partitioning problem. I'm pretty fresh to this stuff but still made some progress. I gave up a bit ago but maybe I'll mess around with it a bit more.

Reactions: nikoum and Talich52

AddictedA1

Dec 26, 2021
Have you made any headway? I also spent a significant amount of time attempting to port TWRP. I was able to get TWRP to boot but touch did not work. Plugging in a mouse to a usb dongle, I was about to navigate TWRP but I was not able to do much. I had probelms mounting and editing the DATA partition. Im guessing it was an FSTAB config or an android 11 partitioning problem. I'm pretty fresh to this stuff but still made some progress. I gave up a bit ago but maybe I'll mess around with it a bit more.
vbmeta or multidisabler flash is required ? . i tried porting twrp from xda guide for all devices. using stock recovery img ang google pixel twrp . all i got was bootloop .
Can i flash by dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery or odin method only works ?

tagcart

Jul 9, 2016
vbmeta or multidisabler flash is required ? . i tried porting twrp from xda guide for all devices. using stock recovery img ang google pixel twrp . all i got was bootloop .
Can i flash by dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery or odin method only works ?
Once booted to twrp, I wasnt able to flash multidisabler because DATA wasnt mountable. In my case, flashing with Odin worked. Unfortunately the linux vm I did all this work on died so I lost all my progress.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Could anyone please kindly guide me how to unlock boot loader and root SM-T225.
    Thanks in advance.

Check out these guides out. The steps are mostly similar for recent Samsung tablets,

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-unlock-the-tab-s7-bootloader.4158841/

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-root-galaxy-tab-s7-guide.4155897/page-5
    Correct. It's better than looking at all the warning screens. It still boots just fine, not any faster. I put the same guide (to remove the bootloader warning) in my thread, with some additional instructions.
    Thanks but we're getting off topic lmao