• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I need help to restore my moto z3 play

Search This thread

Mica_Diazz531

Jul 14, 2020
Hello, I tried to install a rom on my moto z3 play and now it does not start. With "blankflash" I managed to make it turn on in mode fastboot but i try to install the original rom but it says "Oem_locked". Then install the moto smart asistant tool but it didn't work either, inside "moto asistant" I get "Error combining the connected device, please connect it and try again", when I connect it, an unsupported device appears. It is rare because the previous times I use the program, I download the official rom of the device and install it, but now it does not work. In "connected devices" it does not appear as "Qualcomm_Qdloader 9008" but appears as "Fastboot beckham S".
I'm really desperate I don't know what to do. If anyone knows how I can fix it please I need your help.

Is there a way to enable usb debugging from the "fastboot"?

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
Hello, I tried to install a rom on my moto z3 play and now it does not start. With "blankflash" I managed to make it turn on in mode fastboot but i try to install the original rom but it says "Oem_locked". Then install the moto smart asistant tool but it didn't work either, inside "moto asistant" I get "Error combining the connected device, please connect it and try again", when I connect it, an unsupported device appears. It is rare because the previous times I use the program, I download the official rom of the device and install it, but now it does not work. In "connected devices" it does not appear as "Qualcomm_Qdloader 9008" but appears as "Fastboot beckham S".
I'm really desperate I don't know what to do. If anyone knows how I can fix it please I need your help.

I believe your only option is RSD Lite if you have a windows 7 pc
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-flashing-motorola-firmware-t4042039

Loko_vr

Apr 6, 2011
Volta Redonda

Try this:

Connect your device to the PC in Fastboot mode and in the command prompt type:

Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin

Restart the device in Fastboot mode and follow the procedure for flashing the rom normally.

Code:
fastboot getvar max-sparse-size
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot bluetooth flash BTFM.bin
fastboot flash dsp dspso.bin
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system_b system_other.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash oem_b oem_other.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase carrier
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase DDR
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot reboot

If you have problems with carrier signal and / or wifi, see this link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83152527&postcount=4

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
fastbook flash instructions

Restart the device in Fastboot mode and follow the procedure for flashing the rom normally.

Code:
fastboot getvar max-sparse-size
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot bluetooth flash BTFM.bin
fastboot flash dsp dspso.bin
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system_b system_other.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash oem_b oem_other.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase carrier
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase DDR
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot reboot

Hi. I want to flash a rom using fastboot into my mz3 Play. I can't find a tutorial on it. After I download the ROM:
1. I unzip it to the desktop?
2. connect the phone to usb in fastboot mode?
3. Run the commands in fastboot?

or do I have to unzip the ROM into the ADB / fastboot folder?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4

Hi. I want to flash a rom using fastboot into my mz3 Play. I can't find a tutorial on it. After I download the ROM:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-flashing-motorola-firmware-t4042039

Sent from my perry_f using XDA Labs

Loko_vr

Apr 6, 2011
Volta Redonda

Using fastboot, unzip the firmware files in the same folder as adb / fastboot and then follow the commands listed above.

Note:
The bootloader must be unlocked.
The adb drivers must be installed.
The device must be started in fastboot mode.

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
Using fastboot, unzip the firmware files in the same folder as adb / fastboot and then follow the commands listed above.

Note:
The bootloader must be unlocked.
The adb drivers must be installed.
The device must be started in fastboot mode.

Thank you for responding! Presently my bootloader is unlockable. I have already done as you described and the rom flashed without issues. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Thank you for the link. The tutorial is great for someone who is knowledgeable in fastboot. But my experience with fastboot is limited with booting and flashing twrp. And maybe a few simple other commands. The tutorial didn't have any information regarding what I was supposed to do with the ROM zip after I downloaded it. However, your tutorial had several links and following one link to another and to another.. ... I was able to determine that what you do with the zip file kind of depends on how you have set up your adb/ fastboot. And because of another article you wrote I was able to determine unzipping the rom in my abd/fastboot folder was what I needed to do. So, thank you for your knowledge, which is light years ahead of mine.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Thank you for the link. The tutorial is great for someone who is knowledgeable in fastboot. But my experience with fastboot is limited with booting and flashing twrp. And maybe a few simple other commands. The tutorial didn't have any information regarding what I was supposed to do with the ROM zip after I downloaded it. However, your tutorial had several links and following one link to another and to another.. ... I was able to determine that what you do with the zip file kind of depends on how you have set up your adb/ fastboot. And because of another article you wrote I was able to determine unzipping the rom in my abd/fastboot folder was what I needed to do. So, thank you for your knowledge, which is light years ahead of mine.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
Thank you for responding! Presently my bootloader is unlockable. I have already done as you described and the rom flashed without issues. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I recommend LMSA's Flash Rescue it's easier

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/update-moto-lenovo-moto-smart-assistant-t3951714

kc12

Aug 10, 2013

My phone is a sprint variant. I wanted to flash the brazil variant and the US canada variant, in hopes of one would solve my issue and I could get my bootloader unlocked. I couldn't get them to flash with the rescue tool. I followed someone's instructions where they were able to trick the tool by replacing the files in the lmsa's rom folder. Unfortunately I couldn't get either one to flash in the lmsa tool past 64%. They fail. So I had to fastboot them. Unfortunately I still can't get fastboot to retrieve my unlock data.