• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I need help with root motoG6 Android 9.0 (ali)

Search This thread

XWacoX

Sep 9, 2021
I saw old guide but guy who made this can't help me because he not have this phone I need to find dm-verify disabler and other files to root my motoG6 but what to do if i get into a bootloop?
Will I be able to install android via Smart Assistant after doing the wipe? (if I broke something)
Someone know how can I make copy for my apps and data? I have mutch modded apk.

i know what adb is for but i don't know kommend anyone can help with root?

HDXKohl

Aug 12, 2021
I saw old guide but guy who made this can't help me because he not have this phone I need to find dm-verify disabler and other files to root my motoG6 but what to do if i get into a bootloop?
Will I be able to install android via Smart Assistant after doing the wipe? (if I broke something)
Someone know how can I make copy for my apps and data? I have mutch modded apk.

i know what adb is for but i don't know kommend anyone can help with root?
I used:

It worked out well. As long as you have TWRP, you should be able to recover from bootloops.

HDXKohl

Aug 12, 2021
page not found :(( (sorry is my second acc I can't log in to my main acc)
Try this:

Also, I do not think you need the boot images. Check the comments for pie, since the guide was written for oreo.

I also used this for the dm-verity zip:

RogalDDL

Aug 4, 2018
Try this:

Also, I do not think you need the boot images. Check the comments for pie, since the guide was written for oreo.

ok I will try tomorrow.

RogalDDL

Aug 4, 2018
Try this:

there is problem I downloaded twrp-3.5.2_9-0-ali.img but it stuck at twrp logo it only responds to vol + power but after that it starts to turn on the system. I using Windows 8.1 v. 6.3.9600. So why it not working???
When I turn on rebbot recovery I got stock recovery not twrp.

RogalDDL

Aug 4, 2018
Try this:

hey dude next problem after install magisk I CAN'T BOOT INTO SYSTEM

HDXKohl

Aug 12, 2021
there is problem I downloaded twrp-3.5.2_9-0-ali.img but it stuck at twrp logo it only responds to vol + power but after that it starts to turn on the system. I using Windows 8.1 v. 6.3.9600. So why it not working???
When I turn on rebbot recovery I got stock recovery not twrp.
Which img did you use? I used:

Here's a newer one:

I have not used it before. I am by no means a pro at this, so maybe try looking around.

HDXKohl

Aug 12, 2021
hey dude next problem after install magisk I CAN'T BOOT INTO SYSTEM
How did you install? A lot of older guides say to flash magisk, but I did it through the apk, as that's what magisk recommends.

Also did you get recovery to work. From my experience, it's generally not good to proceed without recovery, as it is harder to recover from boot loops and other issues.

RogalDDL

Aug 4, 2018
How did you install? A lot of older guides say to flash magisk, but I did it through the apk, as that's what magisk recommends.

Also did you get recovery to work. From my experience, it's generally not good to proceed without recovery, as it is harder to recover from boot loops and other issues.
I had a copy of the system previously made, but after rebooting into the system it only turned on twrp, I had to upload the firmware again via smart assistant. First I did a wipe, then I installed no verify and magisk but later it did not boot system but it returned to twrp. I searched 1000 pages for .img to moto g6 android 9.0 Is it possible to downgrade to android 8.0 without root? I have no idea how to root on this anymore. my model is XT1925-5.