I need some advice to downgrade my Galaxy A10S [A107M]

Search This thread

MolhodeSoja

Feb 24, 2021
First I want to know if it's worth the risk, because the last time I've rooted a device was a moto g2 back in 2015, and afaik Galaxy devices are easy to brick.

I want to do it because Android 11 it's a mess and bad optimized to A10S. Since the last update my phone just got worse, and since a week ago it just closes almost every app without even warning.
I can't even open something like a browser without a 2 min loading.

I want to know if downgrading can make it less heavier, and if yes, I want at least to know if it's worth using an old original SO (Android 9 or 10), or if it's better using a custom ROM.

Mely Gamer

May 31, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A10
From what i understand there are no custom roms for a107m, it doesn't even come twrp. I tried and my phone went into hard brick but luckily I revived it.

When I managed to revive my device, it went up to binary 5, so I had to put Android 10. The problem with this is that I can't open the camera and I don't know if I can go back to Android 9 (the one I had originally) due to the binary . That is my situation. If you know any solution to my problem, I would appreciate it.

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
First I want to know if it's worth the risk, because the last time I've rooted a device was a moto g2 back in 2015, and afaik Galaxy devices are easy to brick.

I want to do it because Android 11 it's a mess and bad optimized to A10S. Since the last update my phone just got worse, and since a week ago it just closes almost every app without even warning.

I want to know if downgrading can make it less heavier, and if yes, I want at least to know if it's worth using an old original SO (Android 9 or 10), or if it's better using a custom ROM.
Downgrading is not possible unless the binary of the downgraded firmware is equal to the binary of the currently installed firmware. If the binary of the downgraded firmware is lower than the binary of your currently installed firmware, you will not be able to downgrade. No, there are no "tricks" to bypass the binary block, it is not possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: MolhodeSoja

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
H
From what i understand there are no custom roms for a107m, it doesn't even come twrp. I tried and my phone went into hard brick but luckily I revived it.

When I managed to revive my device, it went up to binary 5, so I had to put Android 10. The problem with this is that I can't open the camera and I don't know if I can go back to Android 9 (the one I had originally) due to the binary . That is my situation. If you know any solution to my problem, I would appreciate it.

Sorry for my bad english.
Camera may not be working due to leftover data from the previous system, if this is the cause of the issue, try booting into stock recovery and choose the factory reset option then choose the wipe cache partition option then reboot the device.

If the binary of the android 9 firmware is the same as the binary of your currently installed android 10 firmware, you should be able to downgrade to the android 9 firmware.

Mely Gamer

May 31, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A10
H

Camera may not be working due to leftover data from the previous system, if this is the cause of the issue, try booting into stock recovery and choose the factory reset option then choose the wipe cache partition option then reboot the device.

If the binary of the android 9 firmware is the same as the binary of your currently installed android 10 firmware, you should be able to downgrade to the android 9 firmware.
I have a problem because I try to enter the recovery mode and apparently I do not have it, because it does not enter (when my a10s got hard brick I had tried to flash a twrp recovery)

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I have a problem because I try to enter the recovery mode and apparently I do not have it, because it does not enter (when my a10s got hard brick I had tried to flash a twrp recovery)
Extract the stock recovery.img from the firmware file then use it to create an Odin flashable .tar by using 7zip to compress the recovery.img into .tar format using the highest level of compression. Then flash the newly created recovery.img.tar via Odin. Place the recovery.img.tar in the AP slot.

Then see if you can boot into stock recovery.

Mely Gamer

May 31, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A10
Extraiga el archivo recovery.img del archivo de firmware y luego úselo para crear un .tar flasheable de Odin usando 7zip para comprimir el recovery.img en formato .tar usando el nivel más alto de compresión. Luego actualice el recovery.img.tar recién creado a través de Odin. Coloque recovery.img.tar en la ranura AP.

Luego, vea si puede iniciar la recuperación de valore
ok, acabo de mostrar la recuperación de stock y todavía no entra.

MolhodeSoja

Feb 24, 2021
Downgrading is not possible unless the binary of the downgraded firmware is equal to the binary of the currently installed firmware. If the binary of the downgraded firmware is lower than the binary of your currently installed firmware, you will not be able to downgrade. No, there are no "tricks" to bypass the binary block, it is not possible.
Oh boy, this is sad to read. My friend told me that the newest Samsung UI was developed to run on their high-end phones and this made me a little upset to why they insisted on bringing it to weaker devices. If I could just override it with another UI or an new rom, my life would be a lot easier

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.