I need some help please

Search This thread

Mustafa_Basha

Jan 29, 2013
I want to recover photos and videos from my device, I made factory reset from recovery so all the data are lost now and I want to recover them and the device is not rooted, is there and way to do that??

its my first holiday photos and videos with my son :(

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
You shouldn't have done a reset if you wanted to try and recover data... I write would them off and move on. In the future back up critical data at least twice on electronically isolated hdds.

Reactions: ban.codrut

ban.codrut

Jan 11, 2015
Yeah, @blackhawk is right. You need to backup beforehand. Doing a factory reset was the end of it, mostly.
Sadly you don't have low-level access to the eMMC memory chip, even with root is hard to get it down right, so there is no recovery of lost data available to you.
If that data was extremely precious to you your only option would be a data recovery center (which would try to read the data pages right off the chip itself externaly) but that means you should not use the device in order to ovoid overwrites of the pages and trim triggers.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Yeah, @blackhawk is right. You need to backup beforehand. Doing a factory reset was the end of it, mostly.
Sadly you don't have low-level access to the eMMC memory chip, even with root is hard to get it down right, so there is no recovery of lost data available to you.
If that data was extremely precious to you your only option would be a data recovery center (which would try to read the data pages right off the chip itself externaly) but that means you should not use the device in order to ovoid overwrites of the pages and trim triggers.

People smash their screens or otherwise total their phones too but they are in a better position if they're willing to go to extremes.
Something like this:

With an intact phone the cost should be lower but as you pointed out still very problematic.
The file system was destroyed by the reset so any recovered data be bits and pieces that are juxtaposed like a huge broken jigsaw puzzle.
Jpegs be intact but all related metadata like pic #, time stamps etc be lost... if they haven't already been overwritten.

I've used recovery software and what you recover is a huge brain numbing mess. Even sorting out a 100 images from a flashcard is a chore let alone a whole phone worth of data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You shouldn't have done a reset if you wanted to try and recover data... I write would them off and move on. In the future back up critical data at least twice on electronically isolated hdds.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone