Question I no longer seem to be able to call up Google Assistant with the home button

Search This thread

TheGorf

Sep 13, 2013
Maple Valley, WA
After a handful of weeks with my Pixel 6 Pro I'm still getting the hang of getting my phone back to the way I like it. I re-enabled the buttons at the bottom of the screen for a variety of reasons. The biggest one being that for me gestures are kind of difficult due to some problems with my hand. But now, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to press and hold the home button to get Google Assistant pop up. I don't want to do it with the power button and I've already disabled all that. I'd like my tried and true home button functionality. :) I know this works because my pixel 3 XL with Android 12 still had it. I just can't figure out how to get it re-enabled. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing in the settings?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Ady1976

Apr 9, 2012
Manchester
Yep I don't want the power button either and the home button on 3 dot navigation is not either lol, Rather odd considering Google is heel bent on their smart assistant and yet it doesn't work with the home button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a handful of weeks with my Pixel 6 Pro I'm still getting the hang of getting my phone back to the way I like it. I re-enabled the buttons at the bottom of the screen for a variety of reasons. The biggest one being that for me gestures are kind of difficult due to some problems with my hand. But now, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to press and hold the home button to get Google Assistant pop up. I don't want to do it with the power button and I've already disabled all that. I'd like my tried and true home button functionality. :) I know this works because my pixel 3 XL with Android 12 still had it. I just can't figure out how to get it re-enabled. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing in the settings?