I RE-MAPPED THE JOVI BUTTON on my Chinese NEX

Search This thread

roxboxxx

Sep 3, 2007
I had tried a few different button remaping tools and finally found one and the settings that worked. I'll update this post later from my PC with the steps I took, but for now, here are some basics - plus see screen shots.

The app: Buttons Remapper (no root)

The app config: From device settings , make sure you have all permissions turned on, all notifications enabled and high power consumption toggle on for this app. I'll post steps shortly.

The button Remapper config:

1. Open the app
2. Click the pink plus to add a new routine
3. Select " other" from the "key" drop down.
4. While on "other" ..push the Jovi button. This will produce a new entry in the "key" list. In my case it's " Key_308"
5. Select " long press" and set to 0.25. this is faster then Jovi responds so ...don't try something else or you may get Jovi to pop up first. It still can happen
6. Now under "action" select your desired action. I first tested "recent apps" which worked great. I then tested selecting the app " Google assistant" and then finally, I also tested selecting a Nova launcher action " Google assistant". All 3 worked.

So lastly, I went to the phones settings > Jovi > smart button > set this to " none "

Ok so I also tested with the app physically running in the back vs not, it seams to work better when the app is not manually closed. I did note that if you hold the button to long, I still get Jovi to pop.

Also, if you are on the always on screen and select the button, when you come out of unlock, Google assistant will be waiting there for you if that's the action you mapped to

That's all for now, I'll add more details when I am back to my PC!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180812_085728.jpg
    Screenshot_20180812_085728.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,438
Last edited:

rrlinker3

Aug 3, 2018
Tulsa
Thanks for the quick reply and pic too. How did you go about getting Button Remapper to work under accessibility options. It keeps asking for me to log into my Vivo Account to allow it access to the system.

HUGO SAN

May 26, 2012
Lima
Good news. Also give permission to the app and Google Asistant woks great. I uninstall Jovi. [emoji1360]Screenshot_20180812_204612.jpeg

Enviado desde mi vivo NEX S mediante Tapatalk

HUGO SAN

May 26, 2012
Lima
Thanks for the quick reply and pic too. How did you go about getting Button Remapper to work under accessibility options. It keeps asking for me to log into my Vivo Account to allow it access to the system.
Yes you need Vivo account to.do that

bigbyte.me

Jan 2, 2011
I have an Indian Vivo Nex but strangely the side button when long pressed launches Google Assistant, and when pressed normally takes me to Google lens. No mods done whatsoever.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had tried a few different button remaping tools and finally found one and the settings that worked. I'll update this post later from my PC with the steps I took, but for now, here are some basics - plus see screen shots.

The app: Buttons Remapper (no root)

The app config: From device settings , make sure you have all permissions turned on, all notifications enabled and high power consumption toggle on for this app. I'll post steps shortly.

The button Remapper config:

1. Open the app
    2. Click the pink plus to add a new routine
    3. Select " other" from the "key" drop down.
    4. While on "other" ..push the Jovi button. This will produce a new entry in the "key" list. In my case it's " Key_308"
    5. Select " long press" and set to 0.25. this is faster then Jovi responds so ...don't try something else or you may get Jovi to pop up first. It still can happen
    6. Now under "action" select your desired action. I first tested "recent apps" which worked great. I then tested selecting the app " Google assistant" and then finally, I also tested selecting a Nova launcher action " Google assistant". All 3 worked.

So lastly, I went to the phones settings > Jovi > smart button > set this to " none "

Ok so I also tested with the app physically running in the back vs not, it seams to work better when the app is not manually closed. I did note that if you hold the button to long, I still get Jovi to pop.

Also, if you are on the always on screen and select the button, when you come out of unlock, Google assistant will be waiting there for you if that's the action you mapped to

That's all for now, I'll add more details when I am back to my PC!
    I wanted to let you know after 4 long months, had problems that the accessibility for the app, Buttons Remapper constantly reset 2 to 3 times a day randomly and the app don´t work after reset anymore since we don´t have root for this phone. i reached out to vivo support and told them my problem with accesibility reset, they said they need logs to check why this happend, i send them 3 times logs and they didn´t fix my problems.

Uninstalling com.vivo.pem had no effect, but after I also uninstalled the i manager app, I finally got the buttons remapper app working without any problems. 5 days now without a single accessibility reset, and no negativ effect for uninstalling i manager app. one little thing, Deleting this removes the traffic speed indicator in the notification bar it´s not a big deal for me since i don´t use this feature.

now i have finally remapped the jovi button to google assistant, camera( double click the jovi button), and dnd profiles(Jovi Button + Volume up) and i can use it proberly ,i can execute 3 actions with the jovi button. now i´m totally happy with this phone almost all chinese bloatsh....... deactivated. if you wanna test this please search for a i manager apk as a backup.
    don´t use 3 finger screenshot gesture this broke accessibility service for almost all apps for me that uses the service.
    I am also using this app.

After a certain amount of time, the button is not responding. Do you know about this?
    After a certain amount of time, the button is not responding. Do you know about this?
    Friend just setup like this....also uninstall jovi using adb. You will never have problemsView attachment 4571792View attachment 4571794

How do I access the battery menu? I can not find it.