i really dislike asking but...

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
As you all know when friends know you like to tinker with phones they come to you always...

My friend wants me to root her c6930, only because of low internal memory and wants to integrate SD with internal so looking for 6.0 and newer Roms
Personally i think she should just go with a simple root and run apps to SD but someone else opened Thier mouth on this and now this is what she wants
So I dug through the threads a bit and find that it seems she will be suffering with camera problems if we go this route

Can anyone confirm this? Can I just root and then use apps2sd​ and all will stay the same otherwise for her (yes i realize phone will be wiped but everything is backed up)
Or are there some 6.x and newer Roms that will be fitting, again mostly just concerned with SD integration and not loosing features/quality, doesn't care much else
ROM recommendations?

Again, sorry for asking such simple stuff but I have done what research i have time for and she is going back out of state soon so wants a quick fix... Yeah for me

Thanks in advance!

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
OnePlus 9 Pro
None of the 6.0+ ROMs have a decent camera. I'd recommend sticking to stock LP or flashing a custom LP based ROM like Jaguar (which is better than stock in my opinion, but lacks the sony camera apps).
You don't have to wipe data to root. You can use KingRoot or one of those rooting methods that exploit the DirtyCow vulnerability, in case you want to retain warranty or refrain from unlocking the bootloader. Seems like rooted stock or custom LP is the way to go.

Reactions: demkantor

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
None of the 6.0+ ROMs have a decent camera. I'd recommend sticking to stock LP or flashing a custom LP based ROM like Jaguar (which is better than stock in my opinion, but lacks the sony camera apps).
You don't have to wipe data to root. You can use KingRoot or one of those rooting methods that exploit the DirtyCow vulnerability, in case you want to retain warranty or refrain from unlocking the bootloader. Seems like rooted stock or custom LP is the way to go.

Thanks for the info!
I ran out of time and gave her the info and choice as i knew then, we went with unlocking bootloader and flashing 7.1.1 which had security patches up to march 5
Camera is pretty crap now but all other aspects are an improvement and she's happy...
If the camera issues eventually bug her too much I'll have her switch to jaguar and use dirty cow
Thanks again!

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls

So she is having issues with the nougat ROM we went with, I told her about your suggestion with jaguar and she just wants stock rom...
So we are going with stock rooted so at least she can use apps2sd and be happy (hopefully... And I really wish I wasn't volunteered to do this for her)

But... I'm having trouble finding the direct download of the 14.6.A.1.236 firmware/ROM direct from Sony, the few places i found links seem slightly fishy

Any chance you (or anyone else for that matter) have a good link to a FTF or .Zip either prerooted or pure stock? I'll keep digging a bit myself but links are mostly dead on XDA and the few other places I trust

Oh and this is for the c6903

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone