• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General I realy hate this phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I wouldn't worry about that at all.
Updates can trash a phone... if the OS is fast, stable and fulfilling its mission, let it be!
ALWAYS redundantly backup your critical data to at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other and the PC!!!

My N10+ hasn't been updated in almost 2 years.
The current load is over a year old, still fast and very stable with no issues. Security simply isn't an issue unless you do something stupid.
I'm running on Pie and never was forced to reload because of malware in 2 years... that's how secure an unpatched Android can be.

However even with a fully updated Android... there's no saving dumb bunnies🤣

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Why people care so much about that update things?
What we need is a stable phone with everythings work. Not an updated phone but buggy software.
It's mostly hype. Google trying to scare you into upgrading to boost their market share numbers rather than what's best for you.

I'm sampling Android 10* right now. If it runs better than 9 and I find the work arounds I need, I'll upgrade the other Note to 10 as well.
I'd like identical twins🤣
No way they'll be updated to 11 though... it's a dog.

* How well it works also has a lot to do with how well Samsung wrote the firmware. I noticed at lot of new little apks to get around Android's lame swipe gestures and such. I still have my navigation buttons at the bottom on the new Note.

Reactions: Austinredstoner

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
OnePlus 5
THREAD LOCKED

As per the A message from the moderators - All users please read thread stickied at the top of the forum:
Guides, News, & Discussion Sub-Forum

-snip-

What does not go here (by far an uncomplete list, just some examples for topics that are not acceptable):
  • -snip-
  • "I'll never buy XYZ brand/phone again", "Why Sony/Xiaomi/whoever sucks" and all other "hate" threads (Tell that to those guys, not us)
  • -snip-

Regards,
shadowstep
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREAD LOCKED

As per the A message from the moderators - All users please read thread stickied at the top of the forum:
    Guides, News, & Discussion Sub-Forum

-snip-

What does not go here (by far an uncomplete list, just some examples for topics that are not acceptable):
    • -snip-
    • "I'll never buy XYZ brand/phone again", "Why Sony/Xiaomi/whoever sucks" and all other "hate" threads (Tell that to those guys, not us)
    • -snip-

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    What we need is a stable phone with everythings work. Not an updated phone but buggy software.
    I wouldn't worry about that at all.
    Updates can trash a phone... if the OS is fast, stable and fulfilling its mission, let it be!
    ALWAYS redundantly backup your critical data to at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other and the PC!!!

My N10+ hasn't been updated in almost 2 years.
    The current load is over a year old, still fast and very stable with no issues. Security simply isn't an issue unless you do something stupid.
    I'm running on Pie and never was forced to reload because of malware in 2 years... that's how secure an unpatched Android can be.

However even with a fully updated Android... there's no saving dumb bunnies🤣
    Ok now is that enough with my patient with this phone.! On a global rom and it is stil on june patch. For good sake. My friends low budget Samsung is on september patch. This is not ok. Worst phone after my old Xperia performenc.:(
    It's mostly hype. Google trying to scare you into upgrading to boost their market share numbers rather than what's best for you.

I'm sampling Android 10* right now. If it runs better than 9 and I find the work arounds I need, I'll upgrade the other Note to 10 as well.
    I'd like identical twins🤣
    No way they'll be updated to 11 though... it's a dog.

* How well it works also has a lot to do with how well Samsung wrote the firmware. I noticed at lot of new little apks to get around Android's lame swipe gestures and such. I still have my navigation buttons at the bottom on the new Note.