I solved how to play Nova 3 with full effects enabled!!

Search This thread

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Hello Guys! I have another great fix, this time I figured out how to play Nova 3 with the full graphic effects on, and better yet, with no noticeable lag!! See my 4 simple steps below and enjoy Nova on the Primes the way it should of been released! Who said Tegra 3 cant do this, blame Gameloft for being too lazy! :)

*Purchase the game!* (no bootleg copies required)

1) First, you must be rooted for this to work! (and trust me rooting is a MUST for Prime and easy to do) If you are not rooted, please use this great, simple one step tool to root! Should take less than 10 minutes to do-
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1526487

2) Once you have confirmed root, I would recommend(but NOT required) that you overclock your device. I use EZoverclock, and my settings for balance are set at 1.3ghz, and performance mode now set at 1.6( no big hit on battery at all)

3) Ok, now download and install Chainfire 3D(free). Once it is installed, please open the app, and select Install the CF3D driver. Once selected the Prime will reboot. ** also, be sure that the root installed superuser! If not, you will need to install this for all root-required apps like chainfire 3D to work!

4) Now this part is not really required, but for those still having gaming issues with the Prime, please follow my settings on the thread below. For a lot of people including myself, this removes all random rebooting, lag and gaming issues for the Prime!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1690619

That's it folks!! Launch Nova 3, and enjoy it in all it's graphic, IPS glory with barely any lag on the powerhouse that is Tegra 3!! Also, try it in IPS+ mode, it looks sweet. Let me know if you guys have any questions..enjoy!!

**Things to note**

I have my Prime overclocked to 1.6 in performance mode, playing the game this way, it's just FAST!!! However, if you want to stay at the regular balanced mode, it plays just as well as having the graphic effects OFF before this fix!

Lastly, there is ONE bug that I have noticed, when pressing the sprint button, you do not see your character run :( Fortunately, you really don't need to use the sprint button that often, and you can still "see" the environments, so you CAN use the button, but you will have to adjust to not actually seeing your character move. Again, this is a MINOR inconvenience to have all the graphic effects turned on until Gameleft updates the Prime (if ever). I will continue to play around with some settings to see if I can solve this issue.

Have fun guys!!

seeknom

Jan 12, 2012
I'll have to give this a shot...

So by default, some effects are disabled on the Prime?

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009

Give it a try, it works! Yes, the game runs on the Prime (an IPad 3) with high graphic effects turned off.(fire on buildings, smoke effect while shooting guns etc). This trick enables it. I guess that Gameloft didn't want to show that the Tegra 3 can handle effects that the IPad 3 cannot! Lol

Reactions: cyiam40

the_admiral

Nov 2, 2008
I carried out 1-3 as suggested on .28 and this fix seems to work really well, nice find. My other 3D games also perform much better without any issues as well :) Lets hope it lasts!

Reactions: flumpster

Tempie007

Dec 15, 2010
Erm.... doesnt chainfire driver illuminate the tegra3 specific effects?
So no water effects and so on?!

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009

No, follow my instructions. You are not installing the plugins from chainfire, just the driver. This tricks the apk file to use the games full features by default.. which was cut off for tegra by gameloft ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tempie007

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Seems like a pretty big coincidence that you posted this just 3 days after this thread said the exact same thing... Whatever, I guess you're able to use all the effects.

Wow...two things about me, if i received any info from another source or thread, I ALWAYS give whomever i got the info from props. Secondly, I dont even own a galaxy note, so there would be no need for me to view that thread whatsoever. However, if you do a simple google search, there are multiple postings on how to use chainfire to fix the nova 3 issue. My instructions were on how to optimize it to work better for our Primes (no lag etc)

I have been using chainfire since I rooted my Prime, that's how i noticed that Nova 3 worked well, but it was really laggy. So i played around with the settings that i listed and it helped a lot. Thanks for pointing that thread out though!

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com
Wow...two things about me, if i received any info from another source or thread, I ALWAYS give whomever i got the info from props. Secondly, I dont even own a galaxy note, so there would be no need for me to view that thread whatsoever. However, if you do a simple google search, there are multiple postings on how to use chainfire to fix the nova 3 issue. My instructions were on how to optimize it to work better for our Primes (no lag etc)

I have been using chainfire since I rooted my Prime, that's how i noticed that Nova 3 worked well, but it was really laggy. So i played around with the settings that i listed and it helped a lot. Thanks for pointing that thread out though!

No problem buddy. Although, having used this fix since reading that thread earlier this week, I haven't noticed any difference? It might be only on the few levels I've tried it and taken some screenshots, but really have seen no improvement. Which are you seeing higher graphics/details and or better performance?

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
No problem buddy. Although, having used this fix since reading that thread earlier this week, I haven't noticed any difference? It might be only on the few levels I've tried it and taken some screenshots, but really have seen no improvement. Which are you seeing higher graphics/details and or better performance?

No worries lol! Someone would have to be a complete idiot to claim responsibility for someone elses post on XDA, but then again nothing surprises me anymore ;)

You dont see the fire effects on the buildings on the first level, the smoke effect after shooting your guns? These were not on the tegra-released versions before the fix. Did you already have chainfire installed before trying the fix? That would explain why you didn't notice the graphical difference :)

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com
No worries lol! Someone would have to be a complete idiot to claim responsibility for someone elses post on XDA, but then again nothing surprises me anymore ;)

You dont see the fire effects on the buildings on the first level, the smoke effect after shooting your guns? These were not on the tegra-released versions before the fix. Did you already have chainfire installed before trying the fix? That would explain why you didn't notice the graphical difference :)

I turned it on mid-game, a few levels in and haven't seen a big difference on those levels atleast (inside the ship and on the desert planet as of yet). But if it helps with the first few missions I'm all for it!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
I turned it on mid-game, a few levels in and haven't seen a big difference on those levels atleast (inside the ship and on the desert planet as of yet). But if it helps with the first few missions I'm all for it!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

You should see the smoke effects on the desert planet (that's the level i am on now) Every level is updated to show the max-graphics when you use chainfire as instructed in my OP

Stefan662

I installed chainfire and saw immediately the improvement in graphics. I would do some comarison sreenshots. But I don't see the option to turn off Chainfire without uninstalling.

Why can't we see the max details in NOVA 3 w/o Chainfire? Is it a fault of Gameloft or Asus?

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Funny I was reading up in the s3 thread and they were using chainfire to get ipad3 effects so I posted right away in the nova 3 thread not realizing this one already existed since I used tapatalk and went straight to my subscribed thread. Lol. Thx for posting this though. Now I feel like I should start the game from the beginning again just so I can enjoy the game more. Haha

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Funny I was reading up in the s3 thread and they were using chainfire to get ipad3 effects so I posted right away in the nova 3 thread not realizing this one already existed since I used tapatalk and went straight to my subscribed thread. Lol. Thx for posting this though. Now I feel like I should start the game from the beginning again just so I can enjoy the game more. Haha

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

lol..it seems everyone with chainfire installed "discovered" this huh lol. Also, the Ipad 3 DOES NOT have the full graphical effects eneabled, but the Ipad 2 does! Many Ipad 3 owners are upset on how the Ipad 2 performs better graphically then the Ipad 3. Its all due to the Ipad 3's gpu being eaten up by the retina display/higher resolution. It can not handle that plus the graphical display of nova 3....the Ipad 3 developers should o gave the device more ram/gpu power to run gmes better

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
Next game you should find a solution for Modern Combat 3. That one is plagued with connection lost issues. Love that game but it's very frustrating. Especially if your having an epic round!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Next game you should find a solution for Modern Combat 3. That one is plagued with connection lost issues. Love that game but it's very frustrating. Especially if your having an epic round!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App

I had this issue when connecting to my home router but tethered to my phone was no issue. And yea its Fn frustrating when you get disconnected and you're on a killing streak.

Stocki96

Feb 7, 2012
When I want to Sprint (Run fast) i get a black screen with a red line across the screen. (nova 3)
I tried the multiplayer Modus and saw this. Can anyone help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys! I have another great fix, this time I figured out how to play Nova 3 with the full graphic effects on, and better yet, with no noticeable lag!! See my 4 simple steps below and enjoy Nova on the Primes the way it should of been released! Who said Tegra 3 cant do this, blame Gameloft for being too lazy! :)

*Purchase the game!* (no bootleg copies required)

1) First, you must be rooted for this to work! (and trust me rooting is a MUST for Prime and easy to do) If you are not rooted, please use this great, simple one step tool to root! Should take less than 10 minutes to do-
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1526487

2) Once you have confirmed root, I would recommend(but NOT required) that you overclock your device. I use EZoverclock, and my settings for balance are set at 1.3ghz, and performance mode now set at 1.6( no big hit on battery at all)

3) Ok, now download and install Chainfire 3D(free). Once it is installed, please open the app, and select Install the CF3D driver. Once selected the Prime will reboot. ** also, be sure that the root installed superuser! If not, you will need to install this for all root-required apps like chainfire 3D to work!

4) Now this part is not really required, but for those still having gaming issues with the Prime, please follow my settings on the thread below. For a lot of people including myself, this removes all random rebooting, lag and gaming issues for the Prime!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1690619

That's it folks!! Launch Nova 3, and enjoy it in all it's graphic, IPS glory with barely any lag on the powerhouse that is Tegra 3!! Also, try it in IPS+ mode, it looks sweet. Let me know if you guys have any questions..enjoy!!

**Things to note**

I have my Prime overclocked to 1.6 in performance mode, playing the game this way, it's just FAST!!! However, if you want to stay at the regular balanced mode, it plays just as well as having the graphic effects OFF before this fix!

Lastly, there is ONE bug that I have noticed, when pressing the sprint button, you do not see your character run :( Fortunately, you really don't need to use the sprint button that often, and you can still "see" the environments, so you CAN use the button, but you will have to adjust to not actually seeing your character move. Again, this is a MINOR inconvenience to have all the graphic effects turned on until Gameleft updates the Prime (if ever). I will continue to play around with some settings to see if I can solve this issue.

Have fun guys!!

Give it a try, it works! Yes, the game runs on the Prime (an IPad 3) with high graphic effects turned off.(fire on buildings, smoke effect while shooting guns etc). This trick enables it. I guess that Gameloft didn't want to show that the Tegra 3 can handle effects that the IPad 3 cannot! Lol
    I carried out 1-3 as suggested on .28 and this fix seems to work really well, nice find. My other 3D games also perform much better without any issues as well :) Lets hope it lasts!

No, follow my instructions. You are not installing the plugins from chainfire, just the driver. This tricks the apk file to use the games full features by default.. which was cut off for tegra by gameloft ;)