I Successfully Changed the CSC of My SM-N986B/DS (Exynos)

Search This thread

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
How did you do it man?
I got this error when I tried with your steps.

Device model is SM-N986B

CSC version : N986BOXM1CTL5
Android version : 11
Build date : Tue Dec 22 19:01:00 KST 2020
Sales code : XME

Do I have to downgrade?

I am in SouthEast Europe,what CSC do you suggest to use?

Well if you're running 11 and it tells you 11 is not supported then.... ;)

Just use the Google dialer trick, install Google dialer, set as default and enter this code

*#*#27262826#*#*

Change to whatever CSC you want, backup first as it will wipe the phone

andiii_7

May 10, 2013
Tirana
Well if you're running 11 and it tells you 11 is not supported then.... ;)

Just use the Google dialer trick, install Google dialer, set as default and enter this code

*#*#27262826#*#*

Change to whatever CSC you want, backup first as it will wipe the phone
Already tried that man but nothing shows, codes dissapear right after presing #

Can I downgrade from android 11 to 10?

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Already tried that man but nothing shows, codes dissapear right after presing #

Can I downgrade from android 11 to 10?

Think I read someone saying you need to factory reset if it doesn't work after upgrading to 11 then it should work

Long as BL bit is the same you should be able to, not tried

N986BXXU1CTL5 << BL v.1

dr.Gioia

Oct 2, 2012
Como
Hello everyone I have a n986b I used the guide and replaced csc from vgr vodafone greece to itv italy where I live. Samsung pay now works and updates too. 5G no longer works. I downgraded from 11 to 10 and reset csc vgr, 5G is not back. I put back csc itv, reflash latest firmware 11itv but 5G doesn't work. In my area there is 5g, my sim on another 5G mobile phone works. Do you have any solution to fix it? I searched the forum but found nothing.
With activity launcher entering the hidden menu if I block the network on NR the network disappears.
Thanks.

andiii_7

May 10, 2013
Tirana
Think I read someone saying you need to factory reset if it doesn't work after upgrading to 11 then it should work

Long as BL bit is the same you should be able to, not tried

N986BXXU1CTL5 << BL v.1
I managed to downgrade to Android10 using the INS July Firmware provided on the first post. I changed CSC with google dialer and now it is SEE/SEE,SEE/XME

Unfortunatelly when I check for software update nothing comes up :) which means I could be stuck to Android 10 or there is something else I should do?

p.s EDIT: however I changes CSC to BTU (or DBT) and updates resumed :) so I guess it was something related only to the CSC i had chosen (SEE).

Last edited:
May 4, 2010
So...

If i install a DBT version, with the last update .... and change csc to Brazil (ZTO) ...will Samsung pay work normally?

And about updates?

Will check for ZTO or DBT on next time?

Tks

jirka607

Aug 9, 2010
Alšovice
Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
There is no need to downgrade to July to change CSC.

Here is free and easy metod to change active CSC:

Install Google Dialer and dial via it *#*#27262826#*#*, choose desired CSC and press (Install), phone will be reseted.
If there is no CSC that you want, download desired whole firmware via sammobile and flash via ODIN, then again with Google Dialer to change the active CSC.
This metod works on Android 10, not working on Android 11, but if Bootloader is still same (for SM-N986B it is still "1"
Android 11 N986BXXU1CTL5, Android 10: N986BXXU1ATJ1 ) - so it is possible to downgrade to Android 10 and change CSC via Google Dialer, then OTA to Android 11 and all works.
Personally I recommend (and use for all my phones) THL CSC - it have build in Call recorrder, Samsung Pay works and 5G works.
Knox not triggered.
Happy new 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣1️⃣ :)

Is RCS working for you in Samsung messages? I had to enable it using alliance shield and still it shows only sms when writing message to someone who uses RCS.
Otherwise THL is best csc it has callerID,recording but thankfully it doesn't have the useless places tab in dialer.

Reactions: ilai

ChoSmile

Feb 9, 2011
Sofia
Is RCS working for you in Samsung messages? I had to enable it using alliance shield and still it shows only sms when writing message to someone who uses RCS.
Otherwise THL is best csc it has callerID,recording but thankfully it doesn't have the useless places tab in dialer.
I use RCS with Goolge Messages app.I try Samsung Messages on Samsung S21U XXV and Samsung N20U THL - but on both did not able to send RCS or other phones (with Google Messages and RCS) did not see them as RCS capable. So continue to use Google Messages.

THL will stop Samsung Pay on the end of 2021, other thing will work.
Call recording and Samsung Pay - XXV (Vietnam), INS or INU (India)

jirka607

Aug 9, 2010
Alšovice
Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I use RCS with Goolge Messages app.I try Samsung Messages on Samsung S21U XXV and Samsung N20U THL - but on both did not able to send RCS or other phones (with Google Messages and RCS) did not see them as RCS capable. So continue to use Google Messages.

THL will stop Samsung Pay on the end of 2021, other thing will work.
Call recording and Samsung Pay - XXV (Vietnam), INS or INU (India)
Im using INS it feels better than THL somehow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone

Not sure if this has already been asked...

I have a phone with November patch will I still be be able to downgrade to the July patch??

I don't want to trigger Knox.

Install Google Dialer and dial via it *#*#27262826#*#*, choose desired CSC and press (Install), phone will be reseted.
    If there is no CSC that you want, download desired whole firmware via sammobile and flash via ODIN, then again with Google Dialer to change the active CSC.
    This metod works on Android 10, not working on Android 11, but if Bootloader is still same (for SM-N986B it is still "1"
    Android 11 N986BXXU1CTL5, Android 10: N986BXXU1ATJ1 ) - so it is possible to downgrade to Android 10 and change CSC via Google Dialer, then OTA to Android 11 and all works.
    Personally I recommend (and use for all my phones) THL CSC - it have build in Call recorrder, Samsung Pay works and 5G works.
    Knox not triggered.
    Yes KOO was the one I also thought was the unbranded CSC

Good luck! :good:

OMG !! IT WORKED !

The phone rebooted with no operator logos and no extra operator apps, just basic apps from Samsung and Google.

Now the Service provider SW ver. is - KOO/KOO/KOO/LUC

Thank you very much ! I had almost lost hope, thanks to your simple steps and also for the link of the credit seller, he sent the login data within a few minutes.

Now I can fully enjoy this great phone.

I hope to be useful to the community in the future, as well as the community has been helpful to me.

Thanks again :D
    I bought the device didint read too much and i t0hough that simply flaahing with odin XEO will do the trick as it was on Notr8 but nope. So now i just need to wait for possibility to change csc android 11 ;(

No need to wait.
    Download Android 10 THL, flash wiht ODIN, change with Google Dialer and update will be automatic to 11 via OTA.

Knox not triggered.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone