I think that I bricked my OUYA

Search This thread

sbarajas

Nov 18, 2012
Hello all,
I had a problem updating my OUYA with this: https://i12bretro.github.io/tutorials/0345.html
When the OUYA was in the middle of the update there was a power cut in my house.
So, now, the situation is this. The Ouya Power Ups, but there is no image on the screen.
If I plug a micro USB from OUYA to my PC it detects the ouya as MTP device, I have installed the ADB USB drivers,
but it stills having no comunicatión with the ADB interface on the OUYA.
I have tried as well using fastboot, but the PC does not detect de OUYA.
The Last thing that I have tried is to boot failsafe recovery by pressing several times Alt+Print screen+i without getting anything.
At this point something strange, the lights of the USB keyboard do not power up at the OUYA startup (Is this normal?).
Thanks

JMeister234

Mar 16, 2011
Mississauga
Hello all,
I had a problem updating my OUYA with this: https://i12bretro.github.io/tutorials/0345.html
When the OUYA was in the middle of the update there was a power cut in my house.
So, now, the situation is this. The Ouya Power Ups, but there is no image on the screen.
If I plug a micro USB from OUYA to my PC it detects the ouya as MTP device, I have installed the ADB USB drivers,
but it stills having no comunicatión with the ADB interface on the OUYA.
I have tried as well using fastboot, but the PC does not detect de OUYA.
The Last thing that I have tried is to boot failsafe recovery by pressing several times Alt+Print screen+i without getting anything.
At this point something strange, the lights of the USB keyboard do not power up at the OUYA startup (Is this normal?).
Thanks
Did you flash recovery, when the power went out? Or were you flashing the ROM?

I have not seen a flash update zip.

S-Config has the latest/best info.

He suggests getting into recovery with a keyboard and Alt Print which might work for you. But it's hard.

Last edited:

JMeister234

Mar 16, 2011
Mississauga
Did you flash recovery, when the power went out? Or were you flashing the ROM?

I have not seen a flash update zip.

S-Config has the latest/best info.

He suggests getting into recovery with a keyboard and Alt Print which might work for you. But it's hard.
  1. Let it boot up as far as it can.
  2. hold the Alt and PrtScn/SysRq and finally the I button on your keyboard.
  3. While holding the Alt and PrtScn/SysRq buttons down press the I key continuously. Just as a note since you will be unable to see anything on the screen as you are doing this it may take a few tries to accomplish this.
  4. If your monitor is reading a signal and the screen is simply blank. press the Home key and you should see the Ouya recovery screen. Ouya Recovery Screen.
  5. Eventually, you can bring the Ouya into Recovery Mode which will be the Ouya logo with a red exclamation mark. From there you can wipe the cache partition and perform a data/factory reset.
  6. Reboot the Ouya and it will return to it’s factory state.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone