• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I want a complete guide on how to install android 10 on TB-X304L. OEM unlocking is greyed out and it shows an error if I try a method given by @hk96

Search This thread

Shutupboomer

Oct 18, 2021
The problem I have is that the 'enable OEM unlocking' option is greyed out on my tablet. I've tried this method but I keep getting this error. I didn't find anything helpful on the internet. Please help me if you can.

Shutupboomer

Oct 18, 2021
Look inside system file build.prop for entry
Code:
ro.oem_unlock_supported
If it's value is 0 then unlocking bootloader isnt supported.

If Android is rooted then you can try to change this entry to
Code:
ro.oem_unlock_supported=1

More info here:
Well I am unable to root with those 1 click rooting apps. Is there any other way to root it? The PC way is not gonna work because it needs twrp and twrp requires me to unlock OEM

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
To root a device's Android TWRP isn't needed at all: Rooting is the act of unlocking the Android OS to gain complete control over the device through which you can access hidden files, change the ROM or install certain special apps. Rooting Android OS simply means to add Superuser functionality to it.

Here is what you have to do to root your device's Android: Replace Android's Toybox binary - what is a restricted version by default - by unrestricted Toybox v0.8.5. This can get achieved by means of ADB.

Shutupboomer

Oct 18, 2021
To root a device's Android TWRP isn't needed at all: Rooting is the act of unlocking the Android OS to gain complete control over the device through which you can access hidden files, change the ROM or install certain special apps. Rooting Android OS simply means to add Superuser functionality to it.

Here is what you have to do to root your device's Android: Replace Android's Toybox binary - what is a restricted version by default - by unrestricted Toybox v0.8.5. This can get achieved by means of ADB.
I am not a developer and new to all these things. I would appreciate if you could provide any video or article on how to do it. Thanks in advance!! :)