• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I want to root my Moto g 5g

Search This thread

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
Can anyone help me. I just wanted to root my new device and please let me know step by step process for the same ...

cometicard

Aug 1, 2021
Follow the instructions in the .txt file and the requisite softwares are included as attachments to this thread. Enjoy. But in addition to these always remember to download the stock ROM using the Rescue_and_Smart_Assistant_v5.6.0.15_signed_setup tool. The instruction to do this is not present in the .txt file, otherwise you won't be able to install OTAs made available in the future from Motorola. Always patch the Stock ROM.

Attachments

• How to root.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
  • Download-SuperSU-ZIP-All-Versions.zip
    21.1 MB · Views: 3
  • Magisk-v23-0.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 2
  • Motorola_Mobile_Drivers_v6.4.0.rar
    5.9 MB · Views: 2
  • payload-dumper-go_1.0.0_windows_amd64.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • platform-tools_r31.0.2-windows.zip
    12 MB · Views: 1
  • root-checker-6-5-0.apk
    10.9 MB · Views: 0
  • twrp-3.5.2_10-kiev.img
    39.7 MB · Views: 3

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
Follow the instructions in the .txt file and the requisite softwares are included as attachments to this thread. Enjoy. But in addition to these always remember to download the stock ROM using the Rescue_and_Smart_Assistant_v5.6.0.15_signed_setup tool. The instruction to do this is not present in the .txt file, otherwise you won't be able to install OTAs made available in the future from Motorola. Always patch the Stock ROM.
The patched boot.img is easier

cometicard

Aug 1, 2021
This is the Rescue_and_Smart_Assistant_v5.6.0.15 software from Motorola to download the Stock ROM for Moto G 5G. Just plug in your phone to a PC and you will understand the rest by yourself. It's quite easy. Happy rooting!

Attachments

• Rescue_and_Smart_Assistant_v5.6.0.15_signed_setup.rar
    115.7 MB · Views: 3