[i9001] Official ICS info from Samsung

Search This thread

goorek

Dec 23, 2011
Samsung has said few days ago, that he would not update Galaxy S due to lack of memory for ICS and Touchwiz altogether. Today, there's a new info from our 'favourite' brand:

In spite of Samsung's best efforts to bury the news by reporting it a couple of days before Christmas, Friday's disclosure that the Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab won't get upgraded to Android 4.0 drew a lot of justified ire. Now the company seems to be backtracking like a champ, as reported by ajnews in Korea, by claiming that it will review the viability of updating those two devices in response to strong customer demand. While restating the difficulties of fitting its entire software footprint onto the Galaxy S and Tab's limited memory capacity, Samsung has been quoted as saying it'll investigate ways to try and make it work. We've reached out to Samsung for official comment on the matter and will update you as soon as we hear back.
via TheVerge.

pyronia

Oct 11, 2011
Puchong
Samsung has said few days ago, that he would not update Galaxy S due to lack of memory for ICS and Touchwiz altogether. Today, there's a new info from our 'favourite' brand:

via TheVerge.

So? I dont care....theres will be more custom rom for it...

|Post from XDA premium app
|BroodRom RC2 Beta :D
|Instanet Free Access (no one believe its free)

Reactions: adham.yusof87

AssassinSvK

Dec 31, 2010
Senkvice
i dont care either, samsung cant make a good smooth rom for galaxy s+ at all,
custom roms are always the best choice for us,
ics 4.0 will be ported to galaxy s+ sooner or later but one thing is clear, ported 4.0 especialy for galaxy s+ will be well optimized,smooth and fast and low memory issue will be solved :)
support our gr8 dev.team
regards

goorek

Dec 23, 2011
I know that, but for now on there isn't many custom roms for us. broodROM and Cranium, and the newest stock ones to flash. I appreciate their work, but they are based on the stock ones. and with ICS, that's a different thing to port it. and unfortuantely, I haven't seen much of a chance for the CyanogenMod or smth like this with ICS for our S+ yet. hope it will change.

G

GuestK00250

c'mon guys. don't say u don't care. when samsung has decided not to release ICS for us you guys were complaining, now that samsung is reconsidering, you guys said i don't care?? yea right..
no matter we have custom rom or not, I would love to try out the official ICS.
and like the above mention, our dev is so poor that till this date there is so little choice of rom. how can u be so sure there would be ICS port for us? and if that didn't happen, u guys will be complaining again saying samsung is bad bla bla..
just be greatful jezz

goorek

Dec 23, 2011
they never mention anything about i9001, this phone is like forgotten, in both Samsung and devs world. I just hope that when they mention Galaxy S, they think also about S+.

fabsau

Dec 3, 2011
Frankfurt
well guys.
my opinion is a little bit splitted:
in the one hand, i have my phone since september and i read the forum carefully and at this time the forum was very dad, the wasn´t a root anyway!
in the other hand:
our phone is getting very big. here in europe it is selling very good, because you can buy it with the price of the i9000 and it is better then the i9000.
i think it will grow but it will take alot of time, maybe we will reach at march a respectable community....
but only maybe
if all goes wrong we will stuck on only to custom roms...

i think we have to drink our tea and just wait.....

sry for my perfect english :D

greetings fabsau

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
well guys.
my opinion is a little bit splitted:
in the one hand, i have my phone since september and i read the forum carefully and at this time the forum was very dad, the wasn´t a root anyway!
in the other hand:
our phone is getting very big. here in europe it is selling very good, because you can buy it with the price of the i9000 and it is better then the i9000.
i think it will grow but it will take alot of time, maybe we will reach at march a respectable community....
but only maybe
if all goes wrong we will stuck on only to custom roms...

i think we have to drink our tea and just wait.....

sry for my perfect english :D

greetings fabsau

another non dev thread in the dev section.. nways, i heard the chinese community is big and that the I9001 is a very popular model there , and that they do a lot of developing on their own forums, hopefully that work will make it's way to xda sooner or later.

mbba67

Sep 1, 2011
ICS porting

I think we have no devs here that can do what others done....ICS porting.
We are the only ones that are not trying or we dont have any idea about porting.....It realy hurts me to see such websites saying all android devices have ICS :eek: and we dont.....OK here check this site and say what you have to say:confused:........ http://software2tech.com/2011/11/30/android-4-0-devices-list/

:(:mad::confused:

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
We are the only ones that are not trying or we dont have any idea about porting.....It realy hurts me to see such websites saying all android devices have ICS :eek: and we dont.....OK here check this site and say what you have to say:confused:........ http://software2tech.com/2011/11/30/android-4-0-devices-list/

we can make use of other ports, like those from DHD/Xperia Arc S/I9000 , combining stuff from those 3 builds i'm pretty sure we can get a booting version with main things working. Devs from other devices have really done a lot, we just need some1 with the guts and basic knowledge to put things up together.

AssassinSvK

Dec 31, 2010
Senkvice
we can make use of other ports, like those from DHD/Xperia Arc S/I9000 , combining stuff from those 3 builds i'm pretty sure we can get a booting version with main things working. Devs from other devices have really done a lot, we just need some1 with the guts and basic knowledge to put things up together.

i belive there are few already :)
all we need is wait, the result will be here sooner or later,
on official list galaxy s+ i belive is on the bottom of samsung devices so our hope leading to gr8 developers here on xda.
regards

mikeeo019

Oct 26, 2011
Vantaa

The main thing we are stuck is that this phone is totally forgotten. Except in China. No one is interested to develop anything for such piece of a device. There would be so useless number of users for those roms and mods.

mikeeo019

Oct 26, 2011
Vantaa
how can we get those Chinese guys to xda then ? :rolleyes:

That's a problem as most of them don't speak english. Not offended or anything :D Post based on my own experience. ;)

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

I found something interesting on that Chinese I9001 forum. So it seems some students are trying to gather a group of developers. And the magical "4.0" seems to appear every now and then. Let's wait and see what will come :D The following text is not written by me. :D Google translator did the job.

"Here so long, no contribution has been in the water looking for fish Isle of Man, today, to drilled soil, that is to say that before in Saipan who worked with the community, did Moman's system, then go when, unexpectedly there confused the radical, then I heard, the day Moman inception, the hottest day, Oh, just get the points on the QQ stuff like that (because of bad mood, so hit wherever he goes, Oh, a joke) Now with my own 9001, so 4.0 Andrews also decided to get a working group, ad right Okay, we are using 4.0 and it was not previously Moman Nokia to lose, the community can be raised (of course from the master who does not open, right?) "

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

I found something interesting on that Chinese I9001 forum. So it seems some students are trying to gather a group of developers. And the magical "4.0" seems to appear every now and then. Let's wait and see what will come :D The following text is not written by me. :D Google translator did the job.

"Here so long, no contribution has been in the water looking for fish Isle of Man, today, to drilled soil, that is to say that before in Saipan who worked with the community, did Moman's system, then go when, unexpectedly there confused the radical, then I heard, the day Moman inception, the hottest day, Oh, just get the points on the QQ stuff like that (because of bad mood, so hit wherever he goes, Oh, a joke) Now with my own 9001, so 4.0 Andrews also decided to get a working group, ad right Okay, we are using 4.0 and it was not previously Moman Nokia to lose, the community can be raised (of course from the master who does not open, right?) "

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Also found very interesting ROM made by the chinese :p http://translate.googleusercontent....1.html&usg=ALkJrhgrcANptLPgNgsL4x0zg0EJ6TYeew

Reactions: rayiskon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In spite of Samsung's best efforts to bury the news by reporting it a couple of days before Christmas, Friday's disclosure that the Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab won't get upgraded to Android 4.0 drew a lot of justified ire. Now the company seems to be backtracking like a champ, as reported by ajnews in Korea, by claiming that it will review the viability of updating those two devices in response to strong customer demand. While restating the difficulties of fitting its entire software footprint onto the Galaxy S and Tab's limited memory capacity, Samsung has been quoted as saying it'll investigate ways to try and make it work. We've reached out to Samsung for official comment on the matter and will update you as soon as we hear back.
    via TheVerge.

via TheVerge.

So? I dont care....theres will be more custom rom for it...

|Post from XDA premium app
    |BroodRom RC2 Beta :D
    |Instanet Free Access (no one believe its free)
    how can we get those Chinese guys to xda then ? :rolleyes:

That's a problem as most of them don't speak english. Not offended or anything :D Post based on my own experience. ;)

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Also found very interesting ROM made by the chinese :p http://translate.googleusercontent....1.html&usg=ALkJrhgrcANptLPgNgsL4x0zg0EJ6TYeew
    Then be the BIG one in the tiny little community and do it yourself. You have no idea. :eek:
    Idd it's even great that CM7 is being ported. some people are demanding to much