I9100G cannot start but can charge. Hard Bricked??

Search This thread

ryuki1990

May 30, 2012
Guys i tried to flash [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 experimental builds then i found out it is not stable yet so i decided to flash back to Malaysia ICS 4.0.3 thru Odin. After i flash the rom thru Odin , my phone keep restarting . After that i decided to unplug the battery and switch on again . I cannot start my phone after i unplug and plug in the battery again. I cannot go into download mode and recovery mode but i still can charge my phone with charger. Is my phone hard bricked? Can anyone save my phone from bricked ? Please give me some solution T.T

fahaddroid3

May 30, 2012
its impossible to hard brick the phone with software unless u flash some other phones boot loader on it ;) , leave it on charging for an hour after that pull the battery out and try again , i remember having that prob try to get into recovery hold down both volume up, volume down, and power button and don't let go until recovery comes up after charging

Last edited:

icyfox26

Apr 21, 2012
Bangalore
Hard brick means u cant do anything. The fact that your phone is charging shows its not hard bricked. You cant do much though. Charge it and flip out and in your battery and try to go into download mode. If by chance u get into download mode, quickly roll back to an offial 4.0 or even 2.3.6 fr the time being.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

dr.bahaeddin

Dec 28, 2010
Izmir
does your phone opens with a black screen when you push the power button or with a half brick screen like a phone and a computer image on the screen?

juzerali

May 2, 2011
Chicago
I would suggest that you take the battery out, plug it in after a while (5-10 mins) and turn on the power while quickly holding the Vol up+Home keys into the download mode. Then flash your ICS 4.03 via Odin and see if it works

hiromerop

Jul 18, 2011
you need buy or make yourself an USB JIG , then you can put the phone in download mode and reflash the stock firmware, i recommend reflash the 2.3.6 rom and next update via kies ...

ryuki1990

May 30, 2012
Ya . thanks guys, it is not a hard brick . Is my handset got problem. I solved the problem already