I9100T bricked? Can't seem to do anything

Search This thread

Ezzyy007

Jun 2, 2023
I got this old phone out of the cupboard because I needed some old photos from iT, and figured I'd better backup before it died. So I turned it on, the phone crashed and started boot looping. Great. I try to enter recovery and it won't work, only thing that works is download mode.
So I do some reading and see that reflashing the stock firmware might work, so I try that in Odin and it just hangs on factoryfs for an hour. So I disconnect and try again 10 times with different computers, cables and ports. Also tried alternative firmware. Same result each time

So now I find info on installing twrp and backing up the needed user data from there.

So I install hemidall and it recognises the phone, sweet. I find an isorec boot.img and a twrp recovery image bang them in and hemidall starts. I think I'm onto a winner.

But Noooo, hemidall says beginning session, sits there for maybe 20 seconds then moves to releasing device interface.

Any idea what else I can try? I must have spent 12 hours doing this. I just need the photos I could care less about the phone.

Thanks

Ezzyy007

Jun 2, 2023
Are you sure you have a fully operational battery?
You know, sometimes the battery can be fully charged, but still cause resets.

Do you see a charging animation on the screen when connected to the charger?
Hi Thanks for the reply.

The battery seems okay, but its not charging in the phone currently, when i plug it in it comes up with this weird like grey frozen charging logo. Ive been charging it externally to make sure it keeps a decent charge during all these flashes. But as i can't enter any kind of environment the only way i know the batterys charge is using a multimeter.

Also wanted to add, the phone didnt have adb enabled so thats off the table. I also dont even know what firmware version it was running. all these things seem to be working against me.

Since I tried to use odin to upgrade the firmware i dont even get a boot logo or it trying to boot anymore, i get the yelllow triangle with phone and pc logo, so im assuming the original firmware is toast. just need some way to reinstall the firmware, or install twrp and grab a backup, then this thing is going in the bin because its ruined my last 24 hours.

Thanks again

Ezzyy007

Jun 2, 2023
If you don't want to waste time, and you have the money, then turn to a local service that has a data recovery service using JTAG. Usually you pay when it is possible to recover the data. However, if the NAND memory has damage, this could be a problem.
thanks. I live in a small country town in Australia. Closest place for something like that would be 4 hours away.

I'm already wasting plenty of time haha but i reallllly need this data, so i will try whatever anyone can suggest. thanks