• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[I9305] Endless war against wakelocks

Search This thread

heatti

May 6, 2012
I really love these AOSP KitKat roms but on every rom I get these crazy battery killing wakelocks. Everytime I manage to somehow block one wakelock, then after a while another appears.
I have tried like every way to block the wakelocks: Amplify, built-in wakelock blockers, Disable Services app etc but I always end up with new wakelock, its an endless war against these. Most of the wakelocks come from Google Play Services and I cant really live without Play Store so completely removing gapps is not an option for me. Im also using Xposed with Greenify on boost mode.

I can bring up some screenshots when the next wakelock makes its appearance, Im currently running on L-Droid v4.0 rom

These wakelocks make me miss my old Windows Phone, I cant really rely on my phone when it can suddenly run out of battery in my pocket anytime :crying:

Any tips and tricks on dealing with the wakelocks? Any help is appreciated at this point!

Last edited:

heatti

May 6, 2012
Here we go again, ffs.

Attachments

• 1429204031684.jpg
    1429204031684.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 1429204045820.jpg
    1429204045820.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 69

heatti

May 6, 2012
Im now trying to get rid of this "mdm_hsic_pm0" wakelock by disabling fast dormancy with an app.

Most likely this wont solve a sh*t but hey, nothing is lost by trying right?

heatti

May 6, 2012
After adding this to the build.prop I yet havent witnessed that batterykilling wakelock which I mentioned in the last post. Will continue testing to see if it occurs again.

Attachments

• 1429449996911.jpg
    1429449996911.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 35

heatti

May 6, 2012
So as you can already guess: The wakelock appeared again.

I decided to give up on L-Droid rom and now Im switching over to LiquidSmooth's 3.2 milestone build, lets see how it happens with this rom too...

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
Maybe you should try different gapps package. Use Pico or nano version, and you could check different build dates. I'm not using KitKat anymore but remember that one of them with screwed up by Google service framework caused Wakelocks.

heatti

May 6, 2012
Maybe you should try different gapps package. Use Pico or nano version, and you could check different build dates. I'm not using KitKat anymore but remember that one of them with screwed up by Google service framework caused Wakelocks.
I have tried several different gapps I have gotten my hands on. Now Im using these latest Liquid KitKat gapps directly from their site and Im getting serious battery drain by wakelock called systemupdateservice so another gapps related wakelock. Even when the systemupdateservice is disabled in Disable Service app, it still continues to keep my phone awake 90-100% of the time. This is insane :eek:

When I disable the gapps with App Quarantine on this rom the battery life becomes normal, not a single wakelock is killing it.
Still it sucks to enable gapps, login back to my google account just to update my apps and then I have to disable them again.

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
Don't know is it present in your rom but in cyanogenmod you can disable certain app Wakelocks in privacy - advanced settings. You need to choose app which wake your device ie Google service and disable one of the Wakelock. There will be an information how many of them appears.

heatti

May 6, 2012
Don't know is it present in your rom but in cyanogenmod you can disable certain app Wakelocks in privacy - advanced settings. You need to choose app which wake your device ie Google service and disable one of the Wakelock. There will be an information how many of them appears.
Been there done that, both roms had this feature built-in. Didnt solve anything, same wakelocks still remain.