[i9305][KERNEL][LOS14.1][BOEFFLA]UNOFFICIAL Boeffla Kernel ported to i9305

Search This thread

stratonz

Jan 26, 2013
Pieris
Thanks.. @stratonz I am thinking an ideal kernel might be beta3 based with agni's ril changes? Maybe that would stop the reboots and make it perfect in my eyes. What are your thoughts? Maybe too much has changed for you since beta3..

Regards
erosco

Hi @erosco,
I've tried to rebuild a kernel based on beta3 defconfig, but it presents the same problems of the later kernels, cause I think they depends on the agni's ril changes. For example, the introduction of agni's mdm_hsic_pm0.c in lineage and boeffla souces have reduced wakelock, but it makes the modem losing connection quite often (expecially on LTE/4G). I'm looking for some solutions, but I'm quite busy now...
Thanks for your feedback. :good:

Reactions: erosco

erosco

Feb 27, 2007
Melbourne
For example, the introduction of agni's mdm_hsic_pm0.c in lineage and boeffla souces have reduced wakelock, but it makes the modem losing connection quite often (expecially on LTE/4G). I'm looking for some solutions, but I'm quite busy now...
Thanks for your feedback. :good:

Totally understand. Thanks for replying.

Cheers
erosco

stratonz

Jan 26, 2013
Pieris
Hi @alias_ z3d,
I think I've realized that the problem of USB switching MTP/charge modes (and relative icon) depends on "Ignore unstable power" in Boeffla config app: infact, I noticed that the issue exist if you've it set to ON, meanwhile when I switch it OFF the problem disappear. Please test if it works for you. It'll be useful to verify if the i9300 version has the same problem, but I'm busy at the moment.

Reactions: DJ aliasz3d

Glenn2

Jul 22, 2013
London
I think I've realized that the problem of USB switching MTP/charge modes (and relative icon) depends on "Ignore unstable power" in Boeffla config app: infact, I noticed that the issue exist if you've it set to ON, meanwhile when I switch it OFF the problem disappear. Please test if it works for you. It'll be useful to verify if the i9300 version has the same problem, but I'm busy at the moment.

Hmmm... I've never had this problem even once and I always switch on ignore unstable power (because my wireless charger pad doesn't work otherwise, it drops down to 100ma).

I had funny 'select sim' messages, no sim detected, random reboots and all these issues when using RR, but since using LineageOS (official weekly) and the last few versions of Boeffla I've had none of this at all. A couple of PowerManagerSevice.wakelocks over the ten days I've used are the only black marks against it so far. I've not noticed "the modem losing connection quite often". Maybe it happened and I just didn't notice.

EDIT: this is all with SELinux permissive.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Hi @alias_ z3d,

Maybe the USB controller in the PC is objecting to the current draw and shutting down the connection?
Try lowering the USB current in the Boeflla app (leaving unstable power on) and see if that also cures the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: stratonz

djthorne

Jul 4, 2013
Hey, you're right! up to 600-700 mA it works, over the problem appears... Congratulations! :good:

It must be dependant on the PC then as I run 1200mAh USB and it works fine for me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170519-134045.png
    Screenshot_20170519-134045.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 145

Glenn2

Jul 22, 2013
London
It must be dependant on the PC then as I run 1200mAh USB and it works fine for me...

It will be dependant on the PC or hub.

Note that USB2.0 is specified for 500mA but that is just a minimum. It could flake out at anything above this.
USB3 is much higher although I forget what.

DJ aliasz3d

Jan 17, 2013
perth
Hmmm... I've never had this problem even once and I always switch on ignore unstable power (because my wireless charger pad doesn't work otherwise, it drops down to 100ma).

I had funny 'select sim' messages, no sim detected, random reboots and all these issues when using RR, but since using LineageOS (official weekly) and the last few versions of Boeffla I've had none of this at all. A couple of PowerManagerSevice.wakelocks over the ten days I've used are the only black marks against it so far. I've not noticed "the modem losing connection quite often". Maybe it happened and I just didn't notice.

EDIT: this is all with SELinux permissive.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Maybe the USB controller in the PC is objecting to the current draw and shutting down the connection?
Try lowering the USB current in the Boeflla app (leaving unstable power on) and see if that also cures the issue.

Hey, you're right! up to 600-700 mA it works, over the problem appears... Congratulations! :good:
Thanks works for me too! I was set to 900 before :good:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Labs

mklmkl

Mar 7, 2014
@stratonz: I'm now using beta9 and still very happy with your kernel. Many thanks!

One question - I've got a message today from the komoot app (navigation) that walking mode is not available due to a sensor problem. I've checked sensors with app AndroSensor and saw that the gravity and the linear acceleration sensor didn't show values. I would assume that it is related to the kernel.

Any idea?

Thanks
Klaus

Edit: apologies, checked again with GPS Test app & it should be ok. Probably a problem of the AndroSensor app. And komoot is referring to a "compass sensor" problem. I've no idea what this means since compass works.

Last edited:

DJ aliasz3d

Jan 17, 2013
perth
@stratonz: I'm now using beta9 and still very happy with your kernel. Many thanks!

One question - I've got a message today from the komoot app (navigation) that walking mode is not available due to a sensor problem. I've checked sensors with app AndroSensor and saw that the gravity and the linear acceleration sensor didn't show values. I would assume that it is related to the kernel.

Any idea?

Thanks
Klaus

Edit: apologies, checked again with GPS Test app & it should be ok. Probably a problem of the AndroSensor app. And komoot is referring to a "compass sensor" problem. I've no idea what this means since compass works.
Try "z device test" app to see if there's any broken sensors, anything not functioning will have a red x through it. Just dropping a phone can damage sensors easily ,not that you have :good:

Sent from my Samsung GT-I9305 using XDA Labs

stratonz

Jan 26, 2013
Pieris
Beta 9d and 10

Hello,
I've uploaded 3 kernel in usual AFH folder (see 1st post): version 9d is a polished and (it seems to me) a little smoother version of 9; version 10 is only a checked out derivate of version 9, cause there's nothing new in lineage and boeffla sources. I've renounced, for the moment, at any attempts to implement charateristics of AGNI and PoisonNinja kernel sources, cause I've not so much time. If you are interested try them.
I only want to specify that in my configuration (ROM + OpenGapps pico + SuperSU SR3 + Magisk):
  • I have no reboots;
  • all boeffla kernel peculiarities work;
  • kernel works well with any version of @rodman RR, AICP and @rgib LineageOS.
The battery lasts for about 3 hours of continous use, 8 hours of normal usage, almost a day if I switch off wifi, GPS and use the phone only like an "old" phone (to do and receive some calls).
With latest file from AGNi (implemented by lineageos), mdm_hsic_p0 wakelock varies from 4 to 20 percent (not perfect, but not so bad). :)
Bye!

Last edited:

djthorne

Jul 4, 2013
Hello,
I've uploaded 3 kernel in usual AFH folder (see 1st post): version 9d is a polished and (it seems to me) a little smoother version of 9; version 10 is only a checked out derivate of version 9, cause there's nothing new in lineage and boeffla sources. I've renounced, for the moment, at any attempts to implement charateristics of AGNI and PoisonNinja kernel sources, cause I've not so much time. If you are interested try them.
I only want to specify that in my configuration (ROM + OpenGapps pico + SuperSU SR3 + Magisk):
  • I have no reboots;
  • all boeffla kernel peculiarities work;
  • kernel works well with any version of @rodman RR, AICP and @rgib LineageOS.
The battery lasts for about 3 hours of continous use, 8 hours of normal usage, almost a day if I switch off wifi, GPS and use the phone only like an "old" phone (to do and receive some calls).
With latest file from AGNi (implemented by lineageos), mdm_hsic_p0 wakelock varies from 4 to 20 percent (not perfect, but not so bad). :)
Bye!

Installed Beta10 UberTC and all working well :good:

Iller Chiller

Mar 29, 2016
Hi I tried to clean flash RR(7.1.2 versions) + Boeffla (tried various versions) + Gapps.
Now, after boot, all Gapps instantly crash, these error messages are hard to get rid of.

Can you help me?

stratonz

Jan 26, 2013
Pieris
Hi I tried to clean flash RR(7.1.2 versions) + Boeffla (tried various versions) + Gapps.
Now, after boot, all Gapps instantly crash, these error messages are hard to get rid of.

Can you help me?

Sincerely I don't know... usually I install RR + OpenGapps + SuperSU SR3 at the same time, in this order, then I reboot and test (my curiosity) the inbuild kernel. If everything works I install my boeffla kernel, I haven't had a problem. Maybe it could depend on the superuser...:confused:

Reactions: Iller Chiller

Iller Chiller

Mar 29, 2016
Sincerely I don't know... usually I install RR + OpenGapps + SuperSU SR3 at the same time, in this order, then I reboot and test (my curiosity) the inbuild kernel. If everything works I install my boeffla kernel, I haven't had a problem. Maybe it could depend on the superuser...:confused:

thanks. I'll stay for now with the stock kernel and try boeffla later.
if it doesn't work again, I'll try SuperSU, as I use stock root manager.
Also, I'll report what happened.

Reactions: stratonz

olekmat15

Mar 21, 2016
Stalowa wola
Need help choosing the kernel
What is the difference between the kernel LxSM vs UBERTC ?
Which to choose and what opportunities give us?
I guess that does not cause a drop in battery life and that the system runs fast LOS 14-27000 punks with Kernel 31000 points in AnTuTu Benchmark.

by Google Translator :cowboy:

stratonz

Jan 26, 2013
Pieris
Need help choosing the kernel
What is the difference between the kernel LxSM vs UBERTC ?
Which to choose and what opportunities give us?
I guess that does not cause a drop in battery life and that the system runs fast LOS 14-27000 punks with Kernel 31000 points in AnTuTu Benchmark.

by Google Translator :cowboy:
Kernel is the same, with GCC version 6, I haven't noticed relevant differences. I try different compilators to reduce the size of boot image and to test their speed, but I'm not an expert... [emoji4]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9305 utilizzando Tapatalk

ranezu

Dec 2, 2016
Hello,
I've uploaded 3 kernel in usual AFH folder (see 1st post): version 9d is a polished and (it seems to me) a little smoother version of 9; version 10 is only a checked out derivate of version 9, cause there's nothing new in lineage and boeffla sources.

Version 9 works well for me, but both 9d and 10 crash in a couple of minutes when I start streaming music over Bluetooth. Running RR-N-v5.8.3-20170510 with OpenGApps nano.

last_ksmg available at drive.google.com/open?id=0B-FzmzGzmUWOQ0o4R1kzcnQ5Njg in case anyone is interested. (Sorry, can't post proper links yet.)

stratonz

Jan 26, 2013
Pieris
Version 9 works well for me, but both 9d and 10 crash in a couple of minutes when I start streaming music over Bluetooth. Running RR-N-v5.8.3-20170510 with OpenGApps nano.

last_ksmg available at drive.google.com/open?id=0B-FzmzGzmUWOQ0o4R1kzcnQ5Njg in case anyone is interested. (Sorry, can't post proper links yet.)

Thanks for your feedback, I'll have a look as soon as possible...

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone