• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[i9305] mdm_hsic_pm0 killer wakelock, should I just give up?

Search This thread
mdm_hsic_pm0, the battery killing wakelock I have witnessed on every rom I have flashed lately.
Now it has come to this point where Im really asking myself why do I still use this phone when it can drain out the battery at any given time in my pocket without me noticing it until its too late...
I have tried every possible fix and at this point Im really about to give up and go back to my old Windows Phone which atleast worked.

Am I alone with this problem? I just cant be the only one who has to deal with this :crying:

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
mdm_hsic_pm0, the battery killing wakelock I have witnessed on every rom I have flashed lately.
Now it has come to this point where Im really asking myself why do I still use this phone when it can drain out the battery at any given time in my pocket without me noticing it until its too late...
I have tried every possible fix and at this point Im really about to give up and go back to my old Windows Phone which atleast worked.

Am I alone with this problem? I just cant be the only one who has to deal with this :crying:

I feel your pain. About a year ago, I traded in my beloved Note 2 solely due to this wakelock, and got a Oneplus One. I will never buy another phone without an unencrypted bootloader, so that rules out any further Samsungs, it appears. But I otherwise loved the Note. I had the 1 and the 2, my wife still has the 2, and I have a 10.1 (which does not suffer this wakelock). But I could not stand my otherwise stellar Note 2 due to this wakelock appearing out of the blue and destroying my battery on a regular basis. I researched this for A YEAR and never found any solutions, and got to the point where I put a wakelock detector widget on my homescreen and whenever I noticed the wakelocks over 50%, I rebooted, which usually solved it for a day or two, but sometimes for only a few hours or not at all.

My wife still has a Note 2, though, and trying to renovate her phone, I put a Slim rom on it. thinking that perhaps the problem had finally been solved. These are the best battery roms for the Note, but they still suffer the wakelock, like every other rom and kernel I tried, and I tried all of them. But it seems the AOSP roms get the wakelock about twice as often as the Touchwiz roms - at least once per day instead of every other day. So she's stuck with a Touchwiz rom, and also has the wakelock detector widget on her homescreen and has to reboot every other day. My advice is to give up - if you are getting this wakelock, there is no solution, so don't think you are going to fix it.