• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[i930x][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

obalia73

Oct 28, 2008
Beijing
how to get the recovery zip for the s9300

Hi I have a question. i want to flash a theme but i need the PhilZ recovery 6.012.zip
But I have a problem I can not download it from mediafire here In China.
If someone could upload it on hotfiles or here on Xda as a zip i would be very greatful

warm regards Obalia73

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
This is a little off topic, but when a recovery is built from the CM codebase, does it contain the same kernel version of that CM (at that time), or are there actually two kernels inside the CM codebase? One kernel built twice or two copies of the kernel?
I've only compiled CWM a couple of times and that was a year or two back. I can't remember to be honest. Compiling CWM for a device needs the same proprietary files as compiling AOSP for a device.

When you download CM source code, You're supposed to be running CM on your device and the source comes with some scripts to extract the proprietary files from your device before you can start compiling. These files are used in both... But as for the kernel, I am not sure. CWM is compiled with a kernel, but unsure of the differences from the CM kernel or if you repo sync, whether the manifest takes it from the same directory or not.

tonyking

Dec 19, 2010
New Delhi
hi every one

i have galaxy s3 stock rom XXALEF android version 4.0.4 if i flash this 3.99 or latest one will i get my device rooted because i want to flash 4.1.2 plz guys help me :crying:

Eddiemc

Mar 15, 2010
Re: [09.01.2013][PhilZ Touch][i9300/i9305] v4.00-b4 Touch Enhanced CWM 6.0.2.7-exFAT-

hi every one

i have galaxy s3 stock rom XXALEF android version 4.0.4 if i flash this 3.99 or latest one will i get my device rooted because i want to flash 4.1.2 plz guys help me :crying:

This "recovery" is just the custom recovery.. Here you go: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1703488 nice noob friendly for root and more. You can flash this custom recovery after that. Then flash your rom of choice:)

Reactions: tonyking

pat357

Nov 23, 2012
Antwerp
Now, I am focusing on features and functions, so no time for theming
Phil3759,

A small request :
Currently the messages are written to screen with too much space between the lines ; most of the time whenever there's a warnig or error, it's already shifted out at the top. of the screen.

Please consider "no spaces between lines" for any operation, only when the user selects a second or a third operation, leave 1 line space to make clear that this messages are for the new operation.
I know we have a logging feature, but that shouldn't be a reason for no optimal usage from the screen.

(About the progress bar : the top from the screen is the best option I guess, but this was already on your list.)

Thanks for making this recovery the number one !!
(4.00-b4 has now really started to spread and getting used by more and more people... I see it popping up everywhere ! It's just great !)

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Re: [09.01.2013][PhilZ Touch][i9300/i9305] v4.00-b4 Touch Enhanced CWM 6.0.2.7-exFAT-

I do not know what it is, but in the advanced menu item not wipe the Battery stats? Has
anyone have a solution?? Thanks all.: Zmatený:: Zmatený:: Zmatený:
Wiping battery stats is the most pointless menu option on any piece of software - ever.

Its of no use. All it is: you know where it says "screen, 40%", android system, 10%"..

That's all you're wiping. Why would anyone ever need to wipe that?

Contrary to popular belief (misconceptions)... one of the biggest myths busted here.... its nothing at all to do with what battery percentage your phone displays.

Anyone who suggests wiping battery stats doesn't know what they're talking about

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

MIKEMON

Jan 19, 2012
Prostějov
samsungtelefony.forumczech.com
Wiping battery stats is the most pointless menu option on any piece of software - ever.

Its of no use. All it is: you know where it says "screen, 40%", android system, 10%"..

That's all you're wiping. Why would anyone ever need to wipe that?

Contrary to popular belief (misconceptions)... one of the biggest myths busted here.... its nothing at all to do with what battery percentage your phone displays.

Anyone who suggests wiping battery stats doesn't know what they're talking about

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Well, thanks, but I have in the Battery menu android OS at 100%? I do not know, I thought
that helps the Battery stats wipe?, Thanks to all.

paour

Jan 3, 2005
www.frogsparks.com

After reboot, pick these files:
Code:
/cache/recovery/last_install
/cache/recovery/last_log
Thanks, here they are:
http://db.tt/gcuQB6zA
http://db.tt/PG9VJQkz

Another issue on 4.2: AromaFM doesn't work. I put the zip file inside /sdcard/clockworkmod/.aromafm/aromafm.zip but the recovery doesn't find it, and when I try browsing for it, going into any folder puts me right back to root.

Reactions: Phil3759

OrangeRafi

Nov 28, 2010
Melbourne
just a noob question. I come from stock XXELLA ROM & stock kernel (rooted via mobile odin pro). I want to flash Philz touch recovery & Perseus kernel. My question is which should I flash first? Philz touch recovery or the kernel first? Thanks!

corrsea

Apr 29, 2010

just a noob question. I come from stock XXELLA ROM & stock kernel (rooted via mobile odin pro). I want to flash Philz touch recovery & Perseus kernel. My question is which should I flash first? Philz touch recovery or the kernel first? Thanks!
The order does not matter but it's probably easiest to flash the recovery first and then flash Perseus before you reboot.

Sent from my SGS3 using Tapatalk
ROM Sotmax Ultimate V13
Kernel Yank555.lu-V3.1

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Sorry but.. I just need ti flash this recovery with odin like cwm recovery and it will overwrite the one i got now?
Yes, but it's even easier to just flash it from within cwm recovery.

ROM Sotmax Ultimate V13
Kernel Yank555.lu-V3.1

OrangeRafi

Nov 28, 2010
Melbourne

The order does not matter but it's probably easiest to flash the recovery first and then flash Perseus before you reboot.

ROM Sotmax Ultimate V13
Kernel Yank555.lu-V3.1

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Yes, but it's even easier to just flash it from within cwm recovery.

ROM Sotmax Ultimate V13
Kernel Yank555.lu-V3.1
Thanks! Another question. comming from stock rom & kernel (rooted via mobile odin pro), Do I need to download/flash anything first on my phone before flashing this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

corrsea

Apr 29, 2010

If you are rooted and have cwm recovery you can just flash this recovery over the top of cwm. Nothing else needed.

ROM Sotmax Ultimate V13
Kernel Yank555.lu-V3.1b

Reactions: OrangeRafi

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
When you're doing that, can you also give us option for regular scrolling, by pulling page, like original cwm, rather than inverse, scroll down to go down, that is implemented now on your recovery. Years of ingrained muscle memory can lead to some awkward scrolling, when this is the only thing, counter to everything else on the phone. So an option, for older dogs like me :D

And yes, a larger menu than 6, like others have asked.

JKAY DELUXE [I9300 JB 4.1.2]
Yes, it is already on my todo list

I've only compiled CWM a couple of times and that was a year or two back. I can't remember to be honest. Compiling CWM for a device needs the same proprietary files as compiling AOSP for a device.

When you download CM source code, You're supposed to be running CM on your device and the source comes with some scripts to extract the proprietary files from your device before you can start compiling. These files are used in both... But as for the kernel, I am not sure. CWM is compiled with a kernel, but unsure of the differences from the CM kernel or if you repo sync, whether the manifest takes it from the same directory or not.
Basically you end up with cm kernel. You need to repack or add some post compiling scripts to use another kernel

This "recovery" is just the custom recovery.. Here you go: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1703488 nice noob friendly for root and more. You can flash this custom recovery after that. Then flash your rom of choice:)
THIS is not JUST a custom recovery only. It is 100% stock CWM + much more ;)
First aime is to always keep it 100% compatible with CWM. If not, post here

Phil3759,

A small request :
Currently the messages are written to screen with too much space between the lines ; most of the time whenever there's a warnig or error, it's already shifted out at the top. of the screen.

Please consider "no spaces between lines" for any operation, only when the user selects a second or a third operation, leave 1 line space to make clear that this messages are for the new operation.
I know we have a logging feature, but that shouldn't be a reason for no optimal usage from the screen.

(About the progress bar : the top from the screen is the best option I guess, but this was already on your list.)

Thanks for making this recovery the number one !!
(4.00-b4 has now really started to spread and getting used by more and more people... I see it popping up everywhere ! It's just great !)
I am aware of that. It is a big limitation in the way the gui is implemented in CWM. Modifying it needs a lot of recoding probably. I never looked at it closely though as my first feeling is that it is a long task. I will add it to bottom of my to do list, with the keyboard ;)

Heres another possibly odd request. Would it be possible to add a brightness controller in the recovery please?

I'd like to trigger automatic backups at night, whilst I sleep but the screen would wake me up.
I also always thought at it, but will need to dig into using hardware sensors/parts. Not sure I will have a time, but will look at it, or if I can get contribution by people more comfortable with kernel coding. It is on my plans to make such an evolution

PS: new custom backup and recovery jobs are on the way. I am sure you'll like it ;)
A new beta will come soon

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone