[I9500] Creating this Device's tree

Search This thread

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org
Faryaab has already created one. Let's fork the main repo or branch it with individual repository.. Let's create a team and start working on it :)

I will set up my Linux machine tonight. Hopefully, we can achieve what we want :)

Perfect .. As I want to release for this device and the lack of a properly working Device tree is stopping me !

Rahulrulez

Oct 18, 2010
India
We can not really start on Faryaab's tree. He has given up on the I9500. He is not willing to develop it further (as far as I know). But I still thank him for kick starting it :)

We need another complete tree now :)

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
There's a hell of a lot more involved than creating the device tree... There is no Exynos5 "Octa" platform support anywhere in the tree.

Each platform almost always requires some degree of customization to the frameworks to support it - the required customizations for Exynos5 "Octa" are undocumented. (search the tree for QCOM_HARDWARE or EXYNOS4_ENHANCEMENTS for some examples.)

Anyone can create a tree. Implementing support for a new platform throughout the codebase is a whole other story - and no one wanting to do THAT so far is why the I9500 has no CM support.

Rahulrulez

Oct 18, 2010
India
There's a hell of a lot more involved than creating the device tree... There is no Exynos5 "Octa" platform support anywhere in the tree.

Each platform almost always requires some degree of customization to the frameworks to support it - the required customizations for Exynos5 "Octa" are undocumented. (search the tree for QCOM_HARDWARE or EXYNOS4_ENHANCEMENTS for some examples.)

Anyone can create a tree. Implementing support for a new platform throughout the codebase is a whole other story - and no one wanting to do THAT so far is why the I9500 has no CM support.

I know, what I am thinking is just try to port framework and other important libraries and see if that works. Exynos is badly documented :(

johnhany97

May 23, 2012
Cairo
www.iminisoft.org
Perfect .. As I want to release for this device and the lack of a properly working Device tree is stopping me !

Clubvegas999

Two posts above yours, He said that it's not going to be easy simply because Samsung just can't document a thing properly !
With lack of proper documentation , It would be extremely hard to create the device tree .. I too want to build my ROM for the i9500 but we need to figure something out to be able to continue ..

garwynn

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Deve
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Folks just coming by and asking it to get/keep it going - that's not dev talk and plenty of other forums to post that in.
So if your post disappeared... that's why.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haluki_BR

razer1224

Feb 22, 2012
Did you guys see ewmno device tree for i9500?

Follow Me on Twiiter @razer1224

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Two posts above yours, He said that it's not going to be easy simply because Samsung just can't document a thing properly !
With lack of proper documentation , It would be extremely hard to create the device tree .. I too want to build my ROM for the i9500 but we need to figure something out to be able to continue ..

Did you check camerawrapper. Cpp of Xperia... Since GT-I9500 uses a Exmor Rs sensor

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

I am forking farylaab repo too

Dont we need proprietary files?

Akhil

Jan 4, 2012
21.14°N 81.38°E

fvadym

Sep 14, 2008
No it didn't.
Status 7 error.

do you replaced folders in google source by the same from opesnsource.samsung com ?

and why in i9500-vendor.mk you wrote
$(call inherit-product, vendor/htc/samsung/i9500-vendor-blobs.mk)

Status 7 error is caused while the ROM’s updater script file checks to see if the phone model of your phone is compatible with the ROM you are installing, called “asserts”
You can delete this assert in updater-script to bypass this verification

Last edited:
Reactions: C-killa

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
did anyone brick there device from compiling error ?
oh, common.. Why you think device can be bricked by this? It won't. Just don't mess with boot block (and don't use engineering bootloader because it doesn't set boot block hardware write protection) and you always will be able to enter download mode and then flash whatever you want through Odin.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone