i9500: Odd issue when trying to flash ROM's

Search This thread

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
Greetings all,

So I have been trying to redo my Wanam KitKat install due to the foldermount issue and I ran into a couple of issues. Now before someone comments about that awesome app from the app store, yes I use it I just have other reasons to try and get a clean install going.

So first things first, I Odin flash the latest CWM by Sameer, do the necessary wipes and start the install. I then get this error message:

set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error in /data/media/0/ROM Install/wanamlite-v40-nb3.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

So I power down the device and Odin flash the latest CWM Touch version and I still get the above message. I then flash Philz Touch 6.07.9 and voila, it installs without an issue. Now one of my other issues to resolve this foldermount issue is because any recovery other than the Philz version mentioned (even the latest Philz) fails to flash any files and has an issue seeing my internal storage.

So I Odin back to my earliest ICS version and try from there. Now the CWM recoveries see the correct folder path but I still get the above error and I did manage to get this code as well:

I: using /data/media for sdcard/0/clockworkmod/ . last_install_path.
I: Cant partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/dw_mmc.2/mmc_host/mmc2

I have tried everything to try and get this to work as it should but I am stuck. Right now I have flashed the old Philz I have and restored a nandroid and the phone is fine. How do I get past these errors?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

*edit*

I should mention that after the ICS flash I did a factory reset and wiped everything and still had the above errors...

Last edited:

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
Hi, thanks for the input. Sadly TWRP also fails with the same error:

set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error in /data/media/0/ROM Install/wanamlite-v40-nb3.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

Hence the reason for my asking. Its not a bad zip so redownloading it will not get rid of the problem. My recoveries are also good zips otherwise they would not flash. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?