I9505 [5.1.1r3][Development] Resurrection Lollipop v5.4.6][SaberMod OPT][06/06/15]

Search This thread

Sincerity1993

Jul 15, 2013
Ok, I'm having the weirdest UI crashes on 5.5.0 They only happends if I change the wallpaper or something with themes, and keeps crashing untill I do a clean flash. I've tried wiping caches, i've made several clean flashes and tried doing dirty flashes with 5.5.0
It's no app I've installed, and no tweak I've made.
Just want to know has anyone else experienced this and does someone have a weird fix I haven't tried yet :/

Edit-
Never mind, i found the cause. It's somewhere in my build.prop tweaks, i might try to fix it someday soon, but till then DON'T USE the build.prop tweaks i made

Hope I helped :3

Thats exactly the same error I experienced with 5.4.6. Bon Bon If I want to flash 5.5.0 can I follow your guide?

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
OnePlus 7
Why i cant download the rom anymore?

Resurrection Remix-v5.4.6-SaberMod Edition-v2.0(FULL FLAGS)-jfltexx.zip
access denied
looks like you don't have permission to access this folder. Make sure you are signed in to an account that has permission, or check with the developer to request access.

Because that's an OLD version ... check the last couple of pages for the link to the NEW one. Hint: I posted it too.

I don't understand why people just up and post here instead of taking the time to at least read the last few pages ... :rolleyes: :confused:

Reactions: Corduroysack

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
Because that's an OLD version ... check the last couple of pages for the link to the NEW one. Hint: I posted it too.

I don't understand why people just up and post here instead of taking the time to at least read the last few pages ... :rolleyes: :confused:

I think it's time that a new thread be started for the i9505 ROM with the OP being given to the latest developer
@akhilnarang - hint hint :D

RR's evolution cannot be stopped & there's no point in the irrelevant first 275 pages really & every 2nd person getting confused cuz this thread isn't working like every other XDA thread out there

BTW, I'm working on a full step-by-step for installing/links/tweaks/battery & kernel tweaks - would anyone want it posted here?

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952600761

RR 5.5.0 for jfltexx
Existing users check ota
Built with stock cm source
I'm building since ross's PC is dead, he will start building again soon
Enjoy!!!!

Hi @akhilnarang,
The 5.4.6 to 5.5.0 builds have E & W inverted in the Compass (i.e when pointing E it shows W and vice-versa) (Sensor output +/- swapped maybe ?)
It was working in an earlier build I used (5.2.7) The N&S work correctly though...
Can you fix the compass please as it's affecting every navigation app.
TIA

Last edited:
Reactions: piotrenx

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
Kinda like mine? ;D
Please do post it here, I'm always intrested what new tweaks people can come up with :)

It may overlap your guide in some ways though I'm working more on Underclocking, Wakelocks & AMOLED downgrades... so we are working parallel.
I'm facing a lot of issues when I activate Underclock via sTweaks & am on my 3rd flash.... wonder what the problem is...

akhilnarang

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
May 8, 2014
Pune
akhilnarang.dev
I think it's time that a new thread be started for the i9505 ROM with the OP being given to the latest developer
@akhilnarang - hint hint :D

RR's evolution cannot be stopped & there's no point in the irrelevant first 275 pages really & every 2nd person getting confused cuz this thread isn't working like every other XDA thread out there

BTW, I'm working on a full step-by-step for installing/links/tweaks/battery & kernel tweaks - would anyone want it posted here?
This is just temporary, me or @TJSteveMX will build RR till @Ross Korolov gets a new PC

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Hi @akhilnarang,
The 5.4.6 to 5.5.0 builds have E & W inverted in the Compass (i.e when pointing E it shows W and vice-versa) (Sensor output +/- swapped maybe ?)
It was working in an earlier build I used (5.2.7) The N&S work correctly though...
Can you fix the compass please as it's affecting every navigation app.
TIA
That is probably a cm problem, I've used all unmodified cm device sources
Check if you get it on the latest nightlies

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kofe and Nimueh

_Bon_Bon

Oct 12, 2014
The_Place
devbonbon.wix.com
Ok, i don't know what the problem is...
I've tinkered for several hours with the build.prop tweaks, but can't get the crashes to stop, so if someone wants to take a look at it here's the download link again
I greatly appreciate all the help i can get :)

BUT, I did manage to do something useful ;)
I represent you: The MultiZip! It installs the Dis-Zram, Swap and Fstrim all in one flashable file! (It's not as amazing as i make it to seem, but at least it's more convenient)

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

It may overlap your guide in some ways though I'm working more on Underclocking, Wakelocks & AMOLED downgrades... so we are working parallel.
I'm facing a lot of issues when I activate Underclock via sTweaks & am on my 3rd flash.... wonder what the problem is...

Btw, feel free to use any files and links from my guide if you want to, as I wont update it, unless someone spesificly asks me to

Last edited:
Reactions: demeus

T.J. Alioth

Jul 8, 2015
Gmail problem on S4 with RR 5.5.0

Hi,
Some days ago I've put this ROM on my GT-I9505 with RR 5.5.0 ( i think it's the last), following the guide.
It's a superb ROM, my phone has literally "resurrected" !

But.. I have some issues:
- First, I've noticed some crashes with Google Play Services, expecially using GPS, but clearing app cache seemed to solve this up to now.
- More important, I have issues with Gmail push notifications. Although I've tried many combinations in settings, tried also Google Troubleshooting guide, downloaded PNF Root...it still takes too long to sync, and phone never shows heads-up notifications, neither in status bar. The only way is forcing gmail syncing from inside the app.
I've tried also wipe cache and dalvik, but none.

Any suggestion to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance !

bezingun

Jan 22, 2015
Bordeaux
Hi,
Some days ago I've put this ROM on my GT-I9505 with RR 5.5.0 ( i think it's the last), following the guide.

- First, I've noticed some crashes with Google Play Services, expecially using GPS, but clearing app cache seemed to solve this up to now.
- More important, I have issues with Gmail push notifications. Although I've tried many combinations in settings, tried also Google Troubleshooting guide, downloaded PNF Root...it still takes too long to sync, and phone never shows heads-up notifications, neither in status bar. The only way is forcing gmail syncing from inside the app.

Thanks in advance !

That may be a stupid suggestion but did you check sync is correctly checked for gmail in your google account settings?

T.J. Alioth

Jul 8, 2015
That may be a stupid suggestion but did you check sync is correctly checked for gmail in your google account settings?

I think it's correctly synced, in my account every google app is synced.

For instance, last gmail sync is stuck on 20 minutes ago, but I correctly receive other notifications, like Google Calendar events.

I don't understand why it takes so many time from a sync to the next

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Hi,

Thanks in advance !

I've forgotten to say that i've installed alucard kernel and load a profile for STweaks, found in a post, to obtain more performance.
Maybe it overrides sync frequencies ??? How can I notice it into the STweaks app and eventually restore it without uninstall the kernel ?

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
I've tinkered for several hours with the build.prop tweaks, but can't get the crashes to stop, so if someone wants to take a look at it here's the download link again
I greatly appreciate all the help i can get :) )

I represent you: The MultiZip! It installs the Dis-Zram, Swap and Fstrim all in one flashable file! (It's not as amazing as i make it to seem, but at least it's more convenient)

Maybe this will inspire you @_Bon_Bon :)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/293130-my-battery-38-hour-charge-tutorial.html

Something thing I need to ask you...
1)why are you doing the FSTRIM -it's not needed for F2FS , and otherwise too it's there in sTweaks if Alucard kernel is used.
2) Why disable ZRAM ? and how does the 150mb swap help (real life performance wise?)

There's always a risk of too many tweaks fighting each other (Kernel, build-prop, init.d, ROM) and I guess that's what got your ROM to crash (just like mine :D)

Reactions: demeus

_Bon_Bon

Oct 12, 2014
The_Place
devbonbon.wix.com
Maybe this will inspire you @_Bon_Bon :)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/293130-my-battery-38-hour-charge-tutorial.html

Something thing I need to ask you...
1)why are you doing the FSTRIM -it's not needed for F2FS , and otherwise too it's there in sTweaks if Alucard kernel is used.
2) Why disable ZRAM ? and how does the 150mb swap help (real life performance wise?)

There's always a risk of too many tweaks fighting each other (Kernel, build-prop, init.d, ROM) and I guess that's what got your ROM to crash (just like mine :D)

Thanks for the link, I'll definetly look at it more closely tomorrow :)

1. The fstrim is mostly for your sd-card and system (as ext4 in system is actualy faster than f2fs (as it's a read only partition) and why do the trouble of going to stweaks and clicking that button and wait for it to run, when you can have one file that does it automaticly for you ;)
(So its mostly for lazynes xD )

2. Zram is mostly bad for our phone, because it has so much ram. The cpu is always writing and waiting to read from it... basicly its unefficient :/ And disabling it ensures that swap works
And the swap is for multitasking, i've got swap in stweaks high so it gets used. Its ecspecialy good if your surfing and you've got many tabs open, or otherwise switch from an app to another (Plus, it doesn't hurt to have it, got a few more points on antutu with it ;) )

And i'm sure that its not those three zips that are causing the problems, mainly because i tried it and the crashes happened with or without them, but they stoped after i took the build.prop tweaks away
But you're right, too much tweakines will break anyones phone :D

Last edited:

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
Thanks for the link, I'll definetly look at it more closely tomorrow :)

1. The fstrim is mostly for your sd-card and system (as ext4 in system is actualy faster than f2fs (as it's a read only partition) and why do the trouble of going to stweaks and clicking that button and wait for it to run, when you can have one file that does it automaticly for you ;)
(So its mostly for lazynes xD )

2. Zram is mostly bad for our phone, because it has so much ram. The cpu is always writing and waiting to read from it... basicly its unefficient :/ And disabling it ensures that swap works
And the swap is for multitasking, i've got swap in stweaks high so it gets used. Its ecspecialy good if your surfing and you've got many tabs open, or otherwise switch from an app to another (Plus, it doesn't hurt to have it, got a few more points on antutu with it ;) )

And i'm sure that its not those three zips that are causing the problems, mainly because i tried it and the crashes happened with or without them, but they stoped after i took the build.prop tweaks away
But you're right, too much tweakines will break anyones phone :D

Disabling ZRam is good but I would have to disagree on using Swap file (not contesting the AnTuTu improvement)
Flash-based storage has limited write lifespan - swap space is saved here & it takes CPU+battery to write I/O from RAM to SWAP & back
Using zRam reduces swap usage, significantly reduced I/O to disk & reduces the wearing out of flash storage.
We however have 2GB RAM, so all that is needed is better RAM management which Lollipop already does (thanks to "project butter")
I say disable zRAM & Swap then set the "Background Process Limit to 4" in DEVELOPER OPTIONS making efficient use of both hardware & software

Proof of this - I owned an iPod4 with 256mb RAM which I had jailbroken & created a 512mb vRAM container (in its 32GB storage) effectively giving it 512MB of flash based "RAM". - the device had loads of multi-tasking power after that & ran better but hotter due to excessive disk I/O & eventually the flash memory burned out !!!
Flash memory is no substitute for DDR2/3/4 RAM which still works 50times faster & is designed more for reading from that writing to.

BTW, I've finished tweaked the Cores & Voltage settings -battery life & temperature seem to be shockingly good... with Youtube, AnTuTu, Gaming I've yet to even reach the 55C mark!!! :cool:
Once it's confirmed stable after 1 day's heavy testing the tabulated results, screenshots & Alucard sTweaks settings file will be posted here...

Last edited:

Sincerity1993

Jul 15, 2013
I greatly appreciate all the help i can get :)

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Btw, feel free to use any files and links from my guide if you want to, as I wont update it, unless someone spesificly asks me to

Do we have to update the Modem, Bootloader and flash the Alucard Kernel every time we flash a new version? And what about the Gapps from your guide, Is It still good to use?

_Bon_Bon

Oct 12, 2014
The_Place
devbonbon.wix.com
Do we have to update the Modem, Bootloader and flash the Alucard Kernel every time we flash a new version? And what about the Gapps from your guide, Is It still good to use?

You'll have to flash the kernel, but that's it :D And the gapps is still good to use, even if it hasn't been updated lately

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Disabling ZRam is good but I would have to disagree on using Swap file (not contesting the AnTuTu improvement)
Flash-based storage has limited write lifespan - swap space is saved here & it takes CPU+battery to write I/O from RAM to SWAP & back
Using zRam reduces swap usage, significantly reduced I/O to disk & reduces the wearing out of flash storage.
We however have 2GB RAM, so all that is needed is better RAM management which Lollipop already does (thanks to "project butter")
I say disable zRAM & Swap then set the "Background Process Limit to 4" in DEVELOPER OPTIONS making efficient use of both hardware & software

Proof of this - I owned an iPod4 with 256mb RAM which I had jailbroken & created a 512mb vRAM container (in its 32GB storage) effectively giving it 512MB of flash based "RAM". - the device had loads of multi-tasking power after that & ran better but hotter due to excessive disk I/O & eventually the flash memory burned out !!!
Flash memory is no substitute for DDR2/3/4 RAM which still works 50times faster & is designed more for reading from that writing to.

BTW, I've finished tweaked the Cores & Voltage settings -battery life & temperature seem to be shockingly good... with Youtube, AnTuTu, Gaming I've yet to even reach the 55C mark!!! :cool:
Once it's confirmed stable after 1 day's heavy testing the tabulated results, screenshots & Alucard sTweaks settings file will be posted here...

Everything you said is true :)
But swap behaves differently on a phone with a lot of physical ram, like ours.
As our phone uses its real ram, rather than the swap and only starts using the swap, if there is an app that has been idle for a long time in the background, or you're doing some serious multitasking with atleast 5 apps.
That and the fact that the swap gets refreshed on every boot makes it less likely to burn out anytime soon (like very very VERY unlikely)

And good luck on your tweaks, I'm looking forward to seing them :D
I'm actually starting to work on a mod too, that is specificly made for our phone (and maybe for this rom too! )

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yIZy9Xg.jpg

flJ5bZY.png

About Resurrection Remix ROM
    Changelog
    Installation
    Downloads and useful links
    Donations

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

Special thanks to, the CM team,OMNI team ,SLIMROMS,SaberMod and of course to all the supporters

Included Main Features

-Dark Material Theme
    -Quick-Smart Pulldown
    -Buttons
    -Battery mods
    -Heads up
    -Lockscreen Shortcuts
    -ClockColor options
    -Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
    -Network traffic monitor
    -Toast animations
    -Add changelog
    -Listview animations
    -Navigation bar dimensions
    -Add Weather display to status bar header
    -Quick unlock
    -Overall Speed up system
    -Amazing Battery Life
    -Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
    -Included all cm 12 features
    -And MORE..

androidify.gif

Installation Insturaction

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!​

Update Insturaction

- Download the latest build of Resurrection ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

androidify.gif

androidify.gif

Loving ResurrectionRemix?

Why do not contribute to Development !

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Omni team

Slim rom

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

androidify.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    5.1.1 Ressurection Remix Lollipop v 5.4.6 for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Ross Korolov
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2015-04-03
    Stable Release Date: 2015-06-06

Created 2015-01-05
    Last Updated 2015-06-06
    Hi folks! As you all know we had released RR LP 5.3.5 but I dont provide it for you guys coz it was much unstable and has much buggs! I hope you inderstand what I happy provide for you best quality ROM with much stable features))) Please be patient, and dont worry my dear friends))) because RR LP 5.3.6 is building now and when it will ready I'm ASAP provide it for you guys!))) Also good news))) in future I'm plaining to make builds on SaberMod toolchain with o3 optimization)))! Thanks a lot for your patience!!! Stay tune and try RR LP because step by step we will make ROM's much better with much features!)) See you soon Geeks!)))
    RR 5.4.4 for jfltexx

Since you'll haven't had a build for a while, I made a build of RR 5.4.4 for jfltexx.
    You can download it here.
    Hi guys, Im so sorry. But Im find some bugs have need some time for fix it. So now is everything is well, and rom will ready to download about 2 hours time :) agains so sorry)) Who remember I said here what provide only stable and high quality builds for make you life little bit happy and without devices problem, coz as I think it mast work everytime and everywhere at any situations :cool: !!! Thank for your patience! Cheers!
    Hello folks)) Sorry what cannot be online here long time and everyday. So good news for you my dear customers- RESURRECTION LOLLIPOP 5.3.3 IS READY AND UPLOADING ON CLOUD!!! Thank for your patients guys! Much new features is added special for you guys))) I hope you will hapoy with new RR LP version! Thank you! Enjoy and stay tune guys!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone