I9505 [5.1.1r3][Development] Resurrection Lollipop v5.4.6][SaberMod OPT][06/06/15]

Search This thread

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
In on the latest RR and I haven't flashed alucard kernel once. Should I be really flashing it?

I don't see the fascination of flashing custom kernels ... I've only used the stock kernel with this rom and have less issues than most others :laugh:

If you're feeling adventurous or think your performance is too low then you can flash it - but there really is no NEED for it since the stock kernel is great and optimized for this rom :)

Reactions: Corduroysack

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
In on the latest RR and I haven't flashed alucard kernel once. Should I be really flashing it?

You should....... for more than one good reasons :)
Flashing the ROM gives you a whole new GUI & access to software mods/tweaks
Flashing a KERNEL gives you access to under-the-hood settings between the hardware & GUI

I'll be posting some Kernel tweaks soon - give it a try

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I don't see the fascination of flashing custom kernels ... I've only used the stock kernel with this rom and have less issues than most others :laugh:

If you're feeling adventurous or think your performance is too low then you can flash it - but there really is no NEED for it since the stock kernel is great and optimized for this rom :)

Why not @Nimueh.... when we are OK with flashing (risking bugs/instability) a new ROM makes sense to also do the same with KERNEL

Reactions: Corduroysack

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
The post has now been shifted to it's own thread

Attachments

• MyVoltages1.png
    MyVoltages1.png
    176 KB · Views: 400
  • MyVoltages2.png
    MyVoltages2.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 398
  • sTweaks.png
    sTweaks.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
That makes two of us :)

And since you mentioned that... I just posted above giving you a reason to change ;)

1. That would involve flashing a different kernel
2. My phone doesn't get hot and the battery life is already great
3. I already use a dark theme and dark wallpaper, have touch sounds etc. and vibration off
4. I don't want to mess with voltages etc ;)

My phone uses around 0.5% per hour when idle and I'm perfectly happy with that. As I said - I see absolutely no reason to flash a custom kernel, not to mention investing that much time messing with all those tweaks.

But thanks for posting them, I'm sure there are other users that will use them :)

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
Since a lot of people are working on software tweaking I went ahead n did the hardware tweaks above

For those who would like to know more (about post #3127) the XL spreadsheet attached has details of all s600's voltages.
The PVS number identifies the CPU chip (it's decided on post manufacturing & testing)
Only way we can find out our PVS is to see what the stock voltage settings are
Most S4's have the PVS2 (like mine) or better - thus my voltage setting are stable on all S4 PVS's.

Software tweaker's please note that ZRAM & SWAP is disabled by default (ALUCARD kernel/Remix ROM) - You can verify this by installing RAM Manager & ZRAM (from Play store)
DO NOT spread it over build.prop, init.d , flashable tweak zip's or tweaking apps as it causes conflicts. (SORRY @_Bon_Bon)

I strongly recommend Tweaking everything from just ONE point - sTWEAKS comes pre-installed for ALUCARD's kernel & can do 95% of it

Anyone working on Alarms/Partial/Kernel Wakelocks? :confused: Please ping back

miroid

Oct 26, 2010
Almere
I feel like this 5.5.0 is the most stable version i flashed ever. Dont want a custom kernel at al. I am really pleased and feel like i own a brand new s4 Limited Edition great work!:eek:

Reactions: Nimueh

mmatic10

Jun 16, 2015
i don't know if build.prop tweaks got something to do with google play services but after I deleted BonsTweaks from build.prop my google play services stopped crashing. @_Bon_Bon - man, yout build.prop tweaks really made the differrence on my phone. The network and wifi signal were much much better with your tweaks and audio also. I was really sad i had to remove them.

Last edited:

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
1. That would involve flashing a different kernel
2. My phone doesn't get hot and the battery life is already great
3. I already use a dark theme and dark wallpaper, have touch sounds etc. and vibration off
4. I don't want to mess with voltages etc ;)

My phone uses around 0.5% per hour when idle and I'm perfectly happy with that. As I said - I see absolutely no reason to flash a custom kernel, not to mention investing that much time messing with all those tweaks.

But thanks for posting them, I'm sure there are other users that will use them :)

0.5% per hour ?? That sounds amazing!! Can you please share your Wakelock's info (from BBS or WLD)
I keep only WiFi on but have high idle drain due to Wakelocks/Alarms killing my battery while the screen is off.
@_Bon_Bon, Could you please share your AMPLIFY settings screenshots if it's done you any good

Reactions: Nimueh

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
0.5% per hour ?? That sounds amazing!! Can you please share your Wakelock's info (from BBS or WLD)
I keep only WiFi on but have high idle drain due to Wakelocks/Alarms killing my battery while the screen is off.

I've only taken it off charge about 3 hours ago and had it sitting next to me (except for 2 Whatsapp messages), but you can see how good the battery life is. Sync/wifi/data on, Gmail syncs instantly, 3 other email accounts sync every hour. Weather/clock widget updates every 30 minutes or so.

I think you can see why I'm in no hurry to flash a custom kernel or play with any tweaks :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-10-20-25-48.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-10-20-25-48.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 402
  • Screenshot_2015-07-10-20-25-58.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-10-20-25-58.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 400
  • Screenshot_2015-07-10-20-26-09.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-10-20-26-09.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 398
Reactions: Shade5

Shade5

Oct 2, 2009
Bangalore
i don't know if build.prop tweaks got something to do with google play services but after I deleted BonsTweaks from build.prop my google play services stopped crashing. @_Bon_Bon - man, yout build.prop tweaks really made the differrence on my phone. The network and wifi signal were much much better with your tweaks and audio also. I was really sad i had to remove them.

You can still improve the Audio for sTweaks app if you have the ALUCARD kernel.
There are some "tweaks" (auto) in the sTweaks app & you can use a 3rd party tweaking app of your choice from Play store

Reactions: mmatic10

mmatic10

Jun 16, 2015
Do you have any suggestions regarding those apps you mentioned.
I do have alucard installed and i'm going to play with stweak.
Thanks!

_Bon_Bon

Oct 12, 2014
The_Place
devbonbon.wix.com

I took another look into the and they (should) are all fixed now. There's mainly only network and audio tweaks left, jut they're better than nothing, right?
I'll reupload it and post here in couple of days, depending on how much i got time

@_Bon_Bon, Could you please share your AMPLIFY settings screenshots if it's done you any good

Well, i don't have the paid version of amplify, so all settings are on default, but it really seems to have helped!
Further more i've tweaked my stweak settings to the max! Here's the link if you want to take a look at them :)
I've got about 10 hours of full gaming battery life. If i don't touch my phone, it can survive for about 2 days

Edit- sorry, xda mobile app won't allow me to attach screenshots :/

You can still improve the Audio for sTweaks app if you have the ALUCARD kernel.
There are some "tweaks" (auto) in the sTweaks app & you can use a 3rd party tweaking app of your choice from Play store

Don't use the sTweak settings, they'll increase the volume for sure, but also make it more high pitched and cutoff.

Hope I helped :3

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Do you have any suggestions regarding those apps you mentioned.
I do have alucard installed and i'm going to play with stweak.
Thanks!

I used this app once, and it really helps if you play around with the settings for long enough

Hope I helped :3

Last edited:
Reactions: mmatic10

biazoto

Mar 4, 2012
Thanks for the great work.. The rom is stable and battery life seems to be awesome (I can confirm it after 2 cycles)
Someone of you had selinux issue? When I switch it to permissive, after reboot it come back to enforcing. I have also installed selinuxmodeswitch, but the issue continues.. When I reboot my phone, selinux is back to enforcing. Any way to fix it? Some apps (like viper4android and power nap) do not works properly with enforcing selinux

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

Corduroysack

I installed 5.5.0 earlier in the week and the only thing I did differently was flash a different gapps to what I usually use, noticed that mediaserver was really sucking the power and heating up my phone. Did all the usual things that google pointed me to but nothing helped so I returned to 5.4.5 which had backed up previously and the mediaserver problem has disappeared. My question is can using a different gapps do this?

Reactions: biazoto

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yIZy9Xg.jpg

flJ5bZY.png

About Resurrection Remix ROM
    Changelog
    Installation
    Downloads and useful links
    Donations

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

Special thanks to, the CM team,OMNI team ,SLIMROMS,SaberMod and of course to all the supporters

Included Main Features

-Dark Material Theme
    -Quick-Smart Pulldown
    -Buttons
    -Battery mods
    -Heads up
    -Lockscreen Shortcuts
    -ClockColor options
    -Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
    -Network traffic monitor
    -Toast animations
    -Add changelog
    -Listview animations
    -Navigation bar dimensions
    -Add Weather display to status bar header
    -Quick unlock
    -Overall Speed up system
    -Amazing Battery Life
    -Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
    -Included all cm 12 features
    -And MORE..

androidify.gif

Installation Insturaction

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!​

Update Insturaction

- Download the latest build of Resurrection ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

androidify.gif

androidify.gif

Loving ResurrectionRemix?

Why do not contribute to Development !

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Omni team

Slim rom

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

androidify.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    5.1.1 Ressurection Remix Lollipop v 5.4.6 for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Ross Korolov
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2015-04-03
    Stable Release Date: 2015-06-06

Created 2015-01-05
    Last Updated 2015-06-06
    Hi folks! As you all know we had released RR LP 5.3.5 but I dont provide it for you guys coz it was much unstable and has much buggs! I hope you inderstand what I happy provide for you best quality ROM with much stable features))) Please be patient, and dont worry my dear friends))) because RR LP 5.3.6 is building now and when it will ready I'm ASAP provide it for you guys!))) Also good news))) in future I'm plaining to make builds on SaberMod toolchain with o3 optimization)))! Thanks a lot for your patience!!! Stay tune and try RR LP because step by step we will make ROM's much better with much features!)) See you soon Geeks!)))
    RR 5.4.4 for jfltexx

Since you'll haven't had a build for a while, I made a build of RR 5.4.4 for jfltexx.
    You can download it here.
    Hi guys, Im so sorry. But Im find some bugs have need some time for fix it. So now is everything is well, and rom will ready to download about 2 hours time :) agains so sorry)) Who remember I said here what provide only stable and high quality builds for make you life little bit happy and without devices problem, coz as I think it mast work everytime and everywhere at any situations :cool: !!! Thank for your patience! Cheers!
    Hello folks)) Sorry what cannot be online here long time and everyday. So good news for you my dear customers- RESURRECTION LOLLIPOP 5.3.3 IS READY AND UPLOADING ON CLOUD!!! Thank for your patients guys! Much new features is added special for you guys))) I hope you will hapoy with new RR LP version! Thank you! Enjoy and stay tune guys!