• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[I9505] Downgrade from 5.0 Lollipop to 4.4.2 KitKat

Search This thread

tecksulfur

Oct 26, 2012
Bacau/Iasi
If you don't like or you have problems with the new version of Android for Galaxy S4 (I9505), you can downgrade even if you flashed the new BL from Lollipop I9505XXUHOA7.

Instructions:
1. Flash this firmware into AP, untick Auto reboot

2. When pass in Odin, unplug cable, shut down Phone and restart directly into download mode

3. Reset Odin, put GNK2 Bootloader into BL and GNK2 Modem into CP, tick Auto reboot

4. When Phone restart (on Samsung logo) , shut down Phone and restart into recovery

5. Wipe factory reset, wipe cache partition, reboot.

Tested by me, and it works, no problems.

Download Links:
1. AP: Download
2. BL GNK2: Download
3. Modem GNK2: Download

MIRRORS:
1. Mirror MEGA - AP
2. Mirror MEGA - BL
3. Mirror MEGA -MODEM

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS WITH YOUR PHONE! DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I DO NOT KNOW IF THE KNOX WILL BE 0x1 AFTER THAT. I HAVE FLASHED THIS ON MY PHONE, BUT IT WAS ALREADY 0x1.

Last edited:

igorass91

Aug 18, 2011
Is it possible to use another AP or I must use this one from first post? And what if I use PIT file when I was installed lollipop?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: tdssmarty16

Olleh

Sep 13, 2010
Sincere Thanks!!

Hi!

Just wanted to say thank you for this guide - I'd flashed the Lollipop leaked ROM and I couldn't get WIFI to switch on, so was kinda stuck.

This has enabled me to go back to basics!

Thanks

Olly

Coniio

Nov 12, 2013
Credits for Phonandroid

I strongly presumed that these files are from phonandroid.com (Repack XEF)
You could at least give the origin of the tutorial.

Cheers!

Reactions: edzamber

fiesatros9979

Sep 10, 2013
patra
down

Once the bootloader is upgraded can't be downgraded, you can remove BL stuff

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505

sorry my friend but you can !!!!i had the full stock germany leak but i didnt like an d search for a solution to go back to kk and my favourite goldfinger v9!i did all the things in this thread!but when i finish all this i didnt have wifi!so i flash the tar from sammobile(the latest nk4 dbt)and all is fine!:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:;);););););)

Turk121

Mar 13, 2015
Was you on the lollipop and flashing the new bootloader or what??????????
And have you flashed the kitkat with that way

Yes i was on leaked lollipop & i flashed this one I9505XXUGNE5_I9505OXAGNE5_I9505XXUGNE5_HOME.tar.md5 from sammobile & it worked perfectly restored the bootloader & everything but i didn't flash the pit file when i used the leaked one but now you can find the offical lollipop on sammobile for i9505

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you don't like or you have problems with the new version of Android for Galaxy S4 (I9505), you can downgrade even if you flashed the new BL from Lollipop I9505XXUHOA7.

Instructions:
    1. Flash this firmware into AP, untick Auto reboot

2. When pass in Odin, unplug cable, shut down Phone and restart directly into download mode

3. Reset Odin, put GNK2 Bootloader into BL and GNK2 Modem into CP, tick Auto reboot

4. When Phone restart (on Samsung logo) , shut down Phone and restart into recovery

5. Wipe factory reset, wipe cache partition, reboot.

Tested by me, and it works, no problems.

Download Links:
    1. AP: Download
    2. BL GNK2: Download
    3. Modem GNK2: Download

MIRRORS:
    1. Mirror MEGA - AP
    2. Mirror MEGA - BL
    3. Mirror MEGA -MODEM

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS WITH YOUR PHONE! DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    I DO NOT KNOW IF THE KNOX WILL BE 0x1 AFTER THAT. I HAVE FLASHED THIS ON MY PHONE, BUT IT WAS ALREADY 0x1.
    Hello guys!

Well I just downgraded my Samsung S4 (i9505). This was my first attemp with these things!

Initially I had Kitkat 4.4.2 (original) , and one day my phone updated automatically to Lolipop 5.0.1 via OTA (on the air). So I decided to downgraded it back to 4.4.2

I did the following steps:
    1) I visited sammobile and I searched for original Kitkat I9595XXUGNG8 . My version was Romanian (so I preferred to install again Romanian version: I9505XXUGNG8_I9505OXXGNG2_ROM). I downloaded the file, and extracted it into a folder
    2) I closed antivirus (just to be safe) and I opened Odin 3.09 (right click -> run as administrator)
    3) Reboot Phone in Download Mode
    4) Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin (use original cable, directly to usb.)
    5) Add the firmware file to AP (same as PDA). Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

PS 1 : When I did all these steps, after clicking "start" button, I waited for 6-7 minutes... and then Odin said "FAILED". I panicked a bit, but then I clicked "reset" button (in Odin) in order to reset my settings in Odin interface (having my phone connected via usb cable , in downloading mode all the time). Then I did step 5 again, (select firmware ...etc) and clicked "start" button and all good, Odin worked successfully.

PS2: I didn't use any bootloader or modem zip files that are mentioned here. BUT in case you need these files, if you open the firmware file using winrar, you will see these files too. So it is easy for you to use your corresponding bootloader and modem from your firmware.

PS3: After Kitkat installation, you need to do a factory reset and wipe cache, using Recovery mode of your phone, because I waited my phone to boot but nothing was happening. When I did these(factory reset and wipe cache) everything was good!

PS4: I installed "Phone Info" application (for Samsung ) and I checked that my Knox counter is still 0x0 , but that was the last thing I cared about.

Cheers!
    good tutorial bro , thanks :good:
    Can confirm: was on stock Lollipop (XXUHOB7) and i have downgraded to Kit Kat (XXUGNK2) without triggering Knox.
    I have flashed the firmware via Odin 3.09 and performed a factory reset via recovery.
    Hi!

Just wanted to say thank you for this guide - I'd flashed the Lollipop leaked ROM and I couldn't get WIFI to switch on, so was kinda stuck.

This has enabled me to go back to basics!

Thanks

Olly

I'm happy you solved the problem!

Press THANKS if I helped!