Ice cream sandwich Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Stinger2U

Feb 17, 2012
Široki Brijeg
I know they said Q3 2012 but I keep expecting them to come out with a statement like "We are sorry but Optimus 3D will not be upgraded to Android 4.0 ICS because of some issues regarding the amount of RAM available and other ICS stuff that doesn't reallly work well on this phone. Thank you for your understanding."

Yours truly
LG

omarfaieq007

Jun 28, 2011
I know they said Q3 2012 but I keep expecting them to come out with a statement like "We are sorry but Optimus 3D will not be upgraded to Android 4.0 ICS because of some issues regarding the amount of RAM available and other ICS stuff that doesn't reallly work well on this phone. Thank you for your understanding."

Yours truly
LG

so true and most likely

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California

Yours truly
LG

Ics is already out on other 512mb phones. So I'm thinking it should run fine on our dual channel ram

Sent from my CM7 Thrill

Reactions: amirgoodi

Stinger2U

Feb 17, 2012
Široki Brijeg
While I agree with you mostly there are still some problems with RAM. Have you seen how sony is not reccomending to update their phones to ics because of increased ram usage which results in random lags and out of memory messages. There are definately some problems that need to be ironed out in ics itself.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

zodanh2102

Nov 27, 2009

Yours truly
LG

i think so.
I hate LG :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

oyanezg

Mar 27, 2011
Mexico
i think so.
I hate LG :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ok first of all this kind of threads are stupid since there is no info at all and just speculations. You saying about ram issues? Hahaha go look at Mike Gapinski ICS for LG Gt540 hahha not heaven a half of the O3D so stop crying really and keep reading

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

Reactions: mastaeit

sadegh1993

Oct 30, 2011
hello

i guess we will reach ICS maybe Custom ICS rom (but i think LG will release ICS for Optimus 3d as it says) for example i know optimus 2x have custom ICS rom now or Nexus One have custom ICS ROM (i almost remember Nexus One have about 200MB free ram on custom ICS)

i guess we shouldn't have very important problem with amounts of Optimus 3d RAM.

Last edited:

Stinger2U

Feb 17, 2012
Široki Brijeg
ok first of all this kind of threads are stupid since there is no info at all and just speculations. You saying about ram issues? Hahaha go look at Mike Gapinski ICS for LG Gt540 hahha not heaven a half of the O3D so stop crying really and keep reading

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

Never compare developers of custom roms and manufacturers. I have a GT540 Optimus with ICS beta 7 installed, and it's barely working but it's working so I know first hand that it works. Now go try telling that to the manufacturers like LG.

Masinac

Sep 26, 2009
I thing when Optimus 3dmax will be availble, LG will made ICS for 3dmax.After that somebody from developers will made cusutom rom for O3D :p

Agree! He will get ICS before us,so someone will port it...but even that is far,far away...LG is too slow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Hopes!

Guys we have new hopes,

Lately LG said this: theverge. com/2012/5/30/3051806/lg-optimus-lte-tag-vu-ics-upgrade-june

And short after they rolled out ics for optimus lte as promised
    theverge. com/2012/6/2/3059367/lg-optimus-lte-android-4-0-update-korea

So this indicates that LG finaly keeps to his promises! :D
    Ghost call issue was a bad luck, anyone can dislike LG because of that i can accept that. But there is no longer ghost call, and many people says "oh, im not buying lg anymore because they didnt release ICS for O3D yet." I think that's bullshit, even if ics came what would change? when it came, they would begin start with something else.
    its coming...

i emailed LG the other day to see about V21E coming to the UK, and the support guy odly answered this question instead. Here's the email:

Thank you for your email regarding the P920 handset.

Based on the information you have provided me with and reading through your query, I would like to apologise for the issues you are experiencing with your handset , however i would advise that ICS update for the P920 will available from September , as our developers are working to make the software bug-free when released. It is currently in the testing phase.

seems that we should hopefuly know soon!
    This thread has become more of a 'hate LG' thread than anything else. People simply assume we won't get ics, they keep complaining about how LG is **** and how other brands are better.

This complaining isn't going to get anyone anywhere. It's useless.

Here's the deal. Ricardo seems to be working on gingerbread for now. I'm sure that once 7.2 stable is released, work will continue on CM 9. I believe the drivers etc. can simply be ported without too much effort.

If Ricardo works on our device after 7.2 stable, I don't think it will take extremely long until the first CM 9 nightly.

Unless someone sees a reason to keep this thread open, I'll close it. Please pm me if you disagree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone