Ice cream sandwich Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alankstiyo

Sep 15, 2009
Buried deep inside my mind
Personally, I'm very hesitant if the release of ICS from LG will work flawlessly on our phone. The upgrade from Froyo to Gingerbread is a small step in technical terms than the upgrade from Gingerbread to Froyo.

So if LG managed to mess up the "simple" upgrade from Froyo to GB, by introducing the infamous ghost-calls bug, I don't even want to think what will happen when they release the ICS rom.

And not to forget, that the ghost-calls issue appeared almost 5 months ago and still there is not an official word from LG. If they are not able to fix a single bug in 5 months, I'm not sure how they can release a brand new rom until September/December.

I'm sure LG will screw this phone even more, it really looks like they just don't care about it anymore.
they're still growing up in the android development path, it happened to sony when they said 1.6 was enough for the x10 and then they upgraded it to gb, they just ported it from the arc but still it had minor bugs

Reactions: amirgoodi

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
I feel bad for all you people having ghost call issues. I would say for anyone having them to take it to your store you got it and demand a different one. I have tried all the gb kdz's and never once had ghost call issues. It might be a problem specific to individual devices being not everyone has them. And it seems like the people who haven't had GC once, haven't had them ever.

And so I have spoken it.. and so it shall be.

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
The SGN chip is from the same line of chips yes, but it is one version newer idk if it really matters or not.
Either way it has diff ram and screen and all sorts of diff drivers. Its not just about similar chipsets..

And so I have spoken it.. and so it shall be.

douglam

May 23, 2007
I'm sure LG will screw this phone even more, it really looks like they just don't care about it anymore.
they're still growing up in the android development path, it happened to sony when they said 1.6 was enough for the x10 and then they upgraded it to gb, they just ported it from the arc but still it had minor bugs

Yes, with the 3D Max coming out, LG will simply forget about this phone because it always makes more business sense to focus support on new products than obsolete ones.

So ICS on the O3D (without bugs)? Dream on...

Better yet, we should move on.

FPtje

Aug 11, 2011
LG made the promise to release ics. They probably will, their device range isn't that enormous and the firmwares of those phones only differ in minor areas.

If they're clever, they'll have a generic LG ROM which they customize per device, like cm does with cyanogenmod.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

yourguitarist

Jan 10, 2012
Utah
LG made the promise to release ics. They probably will, their device range isn't that enormous and the firmwares of those phones only differ in minor areas.

If they're clever, they'll have a generic LG ROM which they customize per device, like cm does with cyanogenmod.

One problem - LG isn't clever.

bmar577

Apr 14, 2012
Hamilton
I dunno, probably not. LG told me on their Facebook page different answers, once they said Q2, a coupe said Q3 and one told me they had no idea and to consult my carrier. Asking more than once leads to different answers apparently!
I'll keep hope, I like my Optimus 3D. It feels well built, even though stock OS is buggy as hell, I've still never had a "ghost call/ghost sms" issue since being on gingerbread.

Kind of off topic, but anyone know a good ROM that keeps at least 3D photo functionality?

yourguitarist

Jan 10, 2012
Utah
I dunno, probably not. LG told me on their Facebook page different answers, once they said Q2, a coupe said Q3 and one told me they had no idea and to consult my carrier. Asking more than once leads to different answers apparently!
I'll keep hope, I like my Optimus 3D. It feels well built, even though stock OS is buggy as hell, I've still never had a "ghost call/ghost sms" issue since being on gingerbread.

Kind of off topic, but anyone know a good ROM that keeps at least 3D photo functionality?

Any rom except CM7

alankstiyo

Sep 15, 2009
Buried deep inside my mind

well they lie that's something we can agree with.

I asked something 2 days ago and still no answer, besides they think that carriers have the obligation to fix any fw issue

valkyrjur

Jan 10, 2011
London
ICS on LG maybe never.
Google will release on summer version 5 of android and lg will update our phones to ICS on september... i don't think so that LG will do something more for our phones. Probably they will fix the ghost call issue on GB and thats it folks.

amirgoodi

Dec 11, 2011
tehran
there is any new news about ICS or not?

I'm tired because every day I hear different news about our cell phone update!!!

I'll be thankful if somebody found that give to us official & Authoritative news!!:confused:

superage

Apr 20, 2012
Stockholm
i cant understand ghost call issue correctly?
I'll be thankful if body help me and tell me more example and explain this issue?

Ghost Call: you do not receive incoming call notification and the calling number hear the ring back tone.

You can visit the existing thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1475351

I hope LG will deliver ICS for O3D. :) If not, then I will just enjoy it with GB. I am happy enough with my O3D.

Gunraykilla

Dec 31, 2011
Ricardo posted to me

please inform us when we can use Ice cream sandwich in on my optimums3D phone
:confused::eek:

I asked Ricardo Cerqueira what the story was on the O3D on his Google+ page and he said that new DSP firmware is needed before he can release a preview ROM, otherwise I've seen footage of it working on his YouTube and what not.

Just be patient with him, hes working hard on other devices and hes had the P920 almost finished for Kang for awhile.
he just finished RC 1 like a little while ago too. id rather he finish that first then give us a cheap version of cm9.
Besides if a full version is released, that means MIUI will come out with a ROM for it too :)

Last edited:

Evil Slayer

Mar 28, 2011
Amman
I asked Ricardo Cerqueira what the story was on the O3D on his Google+ page and he said that new DSP firmware is needed before he can release a preview ROM, otherwise I've seen footage of it working on his YouTube and what not.

Just be patient with him, hes working hard on other devices and hes had the P920 almost finished for Kang for awhile.
he just finished RC 1 like a little while ago too. id rather he finish that first then give us a cheap version of cm9.
Besides if a full version is released, that means MIUI will come out with a ROM for it too :)

may i ask what is DSP frimware ?? X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Hopes!

Guys we have new hopes,

Lately LG said this: theverge. com/2012/5/30/3051806/lg-optimus-lte-tag-vu-ics-upgrade-june

And short after they rolled out ics for optimus lte as promised
    theverge. com/2012/6/2/3059367/lg-optimus-lte-android-4-0-update-korea

So this indicates that LG finaly keeps to his promises! :D
    Ghost call issue was a bad luck, anyone can dislike LG because of that i can accept that. But there is no longer ghost call, and many people says "oh, im not buying lg anymore because they didnt release ICS for O3D yet." I think that's bullshit, even if ics came what would change? when it came, they would begin start with something else.
    its coming...

i emailed LG the other day to see about V21E coming to the UK, and the support guy odly answered this question instead. Here's the email:

Thank you for your email regarding the P920 handset.

Based on the information you have provided me with and reading through your query, I would like to apologise for the issues you are experiencing with your handset , however i would advise that ICS update for the P920 will available from September , as our developers are working to make the software bug-free when released. It is currently in the testing phase.

seems that we should hopefuly know soon!
    This thread has become more of a 'hate LG' thread than anything else. People simply assume we won't get ics, they keep complaining about how LG is **** and how other brands are better.

This complaining isn't going to get anyone anywhere. It's useless.

Here's the deal. Ricardo seems to be working on gingerbread for now. I'm sure that once 7.2 stable is released, work will continue on CM 9. I believe the drivers etc. can simply be ported without too much effort.

If Ricardo works on our device after 7.2 stable, I don't think it will take extremely long until the first CM 9 nightly.

Unless someone sees a reason to keep this thread open, I'll close it. Please pm me if you disagree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone