Ice cream sandwich Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

whitecobra87

Jun 29, 2010
Almelo
www.geeksquad.nl
Just saw an article about the new (cheap) LG L7. It will come standard with ICS and has the exactly the same processor as our 3D. Same screen size etc. When the phone is availeble next month. We maybe can use the firmware from that phone on ours...

Verstuurd van mijn LG-P920 met Tapatalk

Reactions: amirgoodi

IFLPI

Sep 18, 2010
For official ics - till september propably. I would wait and see how lg manages to make ics for this phone. Those producers which were in hurry with the update done it badly. (some sony ericsson phones, sgs2 users also complain about the update, htc too) so lets see how ti omap phone will manage ics not from the google. Im very curious. I chose ti omap phone especially for the ics perspective. Till now no producer released the update for omap4 dual core phone, neither lg nor motorola.. I want to see how they do it, good or bad..

Evil Slayer

Mar 28, 2011
Amman
i'll definietly wait for motorola atrix 3 premiere, sgs3 didn't really impress me.

glad im not the only one waiting for it
(or hoping it gets released)
and you are right about the S3...its good but its not what i wanted it to be...especially the looks

but i gotta say...any phone with quad krait would be good...if the dual can level with the other quads...imagine how the quad version would be :D
(they really surprised me since the old snapdragon Sucked )

Franzferdinan51

Sep 14, 2010
Also someone mentioned cm9 alpha does this mean we have official cyanogenmod support I've been asking around bcuz we have a forum spot but we are not on there main page is cyanogenmod ashamed of us to not put us on main page but have a forum spot?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

Also someone mentioned cm9 alpha does this mean we have official cyanogenmod support I've been asking around bcuz we have a forum spot but we are not on there main page is cyanogenmod ashamed of us to not put us on main page but have a forum spot?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

cm for O3D is an unofficial port, so it isn't listed in the devices area of Cyanogen and AFAIK it can't use the 3d mode.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Hopes!

Guys we have new hopes,

Lately LG said this: theverge. com/2012/5/30/3051806/lg-optimus-lte-tag-vu-ics-upgrade-june

And short after they rolled out ics for optimus lte as promised
    theverge. com/2012/6/2/3059367/lg-optimus-lte-android-4-0-update-korea

So this indicates that LG finaly keeps to his promises! :D
    Ghost call issue was a bad luck, anyone can dislike LG because of that i can accept that. But there is no longer ghost call, and many people says "oh, im not buying lg anymore because they didnt release ICS for O3D yet." I think that's bullshit, even if ics came what would change? when it came, they would begin start with something else.
    its coming...

i emailed LG the other day to see about V21E coming to the UK, and the support guy odly answered this question instead. Here's the email:

Thank you for your email regarding the P920 handset.

Based on the information you have provided me with and reading through your query, I would like to apologise for the issues you are experiencing with your handset , however i would advise that ICS update for the P920 will available from September , as our developers are working to make the software bug-free when released. It is currently in the testing phase.

seems that we should hopefuly know soon!
    This thread has become more of a 'hate LG' thread than anything else. People simply assume we won't get ics, they keep complaining about how LG is **** and how other brands are better.

This complaining isn't going to get anyone anywhere. It's useless.

Here's the deal. Ricardo seems to be working on gingerbread for now. I'm sure that once 7.2 stable is released, work will continue on CM 9. I believe the drivers etc. can simply be ported without too much effort.

If Ricardo works on our device after 7.2 stable, I don't think it will take extremely long until the first CM 9 nightly.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA
    Unless someone sees a reason to keep this thread open, I'll close it. Please pm me if you disagree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone