Ice cream sandwich Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xbsall

Feb 14, 2012
Home
just think of buying a phone when it first came out at 600 euros with froyo (which also had issues with sudden restarts etc).. after a lot of months and delays gingerbread upgrade was available and for 6 months this upgrade had ghost calls problems.. some of us who bought it at that price didnt like the way lg treated us.i ve got mine since last august.. out of 10 months i couldnt use this as a phone for 6 months. I think thats a good reason to dislike lg.

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: amirgoodi

wagenhaus

May 6, 2012
Ghost call issue was a bad luck, anyone can dislike LG because of that i can accept that. But there is no longer ghost call, and many people says "oh, im not buying lg anymore because they didnt release ICS for O3D yet." I think that's bullshit, even if ics came what would change? when it came, they would begin start with something else.

xbsall

Feb 14, 2012
Home
Well when ghost call issue happened after a month i decided to buy a cheaper phone.. Sony Neo V at 180 euro. It had gingerbread and 512mb ram single core 1ghz with a 2gb sdram. Sony updraded it with ICS a few months ago and runs great and smooth. So there is no excuse for LG not to give us ICS. O3D once was supposed to be the top LG phone and is far better than my single core Neo V.

GlossGhost

Dec 22, 2010
Sofia
This is a little bit offtopic but can you do a compare test, since I don't have a single core device now I am always wondering if the dual.core actually does something.
Because the phone is not running at it's great for sure.

Last edited:

xbsall

Feb 14, 2012
Home
This is a little bit offtopic but can you do a compare test, since I don't have a single core device now I am always wondering if the dual.core actually does something.
Because the phone is not running at it's great for sure.

This is SONY NEO V with stock ICS tested with [email protected] 1ghz

http://s14.postimage.org/p8ojyi8cf/Screenshot_2012_07_01_23_25_34.png

This is O3D with GB tested with [email protected] 1ghz

http://s18.postimage.org/f64jchtqf/2012_07_01_23_45_29.png

(I know that some would get better results with different kernels, roms etc but this is not the issue here..)

So glossghost you can see that there is a difference between single core and dual core

Last edited:

donnieseech

Mar 2, 2011
Idk why people complain about the upgrades. Every cell phone manufacturer sucks at upgrading except Samsung (cause they brown nose Google) I've had at least 1 maybe 2 android phones from each except Sony. And everyone I've had to wait to upgrade (officially :) except Samsung. Like with the Droid razr my brother has one and has waited since Christmas to see an upgrade. That's horrible especially when the upgrade doesn't want to install. It's just a waiting game unless you want a cheaply built Samsung :p

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

toxie87

Mar 6, 2012
why are you such a big fan of ics or a big enemy of lg? if you dont like lg quit using it. its one of the best phones in the world, the best one (price/performance), and it has no errors with 21e.

I'm not an enemy of LG.I'm just dissapointed a little in their support.Also i want ICS because afaik it has a dual core support not like GB.Also tried other roms and i have some apps that i need and they are not working properly (somehow my SIM card restarts and is asking for the pin code or the baseband is going bananas).Thats the problem on Optimus 2X.
My brother has O3D upgraded to GB bit he asked me to downgrade to Froyo because it is working better for him.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Evil Slayer

Mar 28, 2011
Amman
i was ok with us getting the ICS very late...after all the custom GB we have is doing good...but since i found out today that the SII(well in addition to One X and SIII but these devices don't count) got an jellybean port...

i know i know....popular device..big users base...Samsung...blablabla...but still :/

our phone is amazing..even if i have the money to change my device right now i won't..cuz i love the 3D feature and i do actually use it...and still its capable of running all the HD games without a glitch
.what i hate the most is how such great device is left in the dark

here's the news link btw:http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S-IIIII-and-HTC-One-X-get-unofficial-Android-Jelly-Bean-ports_id31810

Last edited:

Masinac

Sep 26, 2009
That's a great news...Now someone has to port it and I will flash it immediately :D and then maybe Ricardo from CM team can extract DSP firmware so we can have CM9 too :D

Evil Slayer

Mar 28, 2011
Amman
thanks a lot for your good information,
please join us whit useful post

i don't see anyone else complaining but you....and my post wasn't different from most of the posts in this thread...and i can't wait to read all the useful information you provided in this thread so far

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

**** the 3D as long as HW acceleration works :)

Devs can port this i think but without 3d....

well ics with HW acceleration without 3d until the ics for optimus 3d comes out seems very good :p :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Hopes!

Guys we have new hopes,

Lately LG said this: theverge. com/2012/5/30/3051806/lg-optimus-lte-tag-vu-ics-upgrade-june

And short after they rolled out ics for optimus lte as promised
    theverge. com/2012/6/2/3059367/lg-optimus-lte-android-4-0-update-korea

So this indicates that LG finaly keeps to his promises! :D
    Ghost call issue was a bad luck, anyone can dislike LG because of that i can accept that. But there is no longer ghost call, and many people says "oh, im not buying lg anymore because they didnt release ICS for O3D yet." I think that's bullshit, even if ics came what would change? when it came, they would begin start with something else.
    its coming...

i emailed LG the other day to see about V21E coming to the UK, and the support guy odly answered this question instead. Here's the email:

Thank you for your email regarding the P920 handset.

Based on the information you have provided me with and reading through your query, I would like to apologise for the issues you are experiencing with your handset , however i would advise that ICS update for the P920 will available from September , as our developers are working to make the software bug-free when released. It is currently in the testing phase.

seems that we should hopefuly know soon!
    This thread has become more of a 'hate LG' thread than anything else. People simply assume we won't get ics, they keep complaining about how LG is **** and how other brands are better.

This complaining isn't going to get anyone anywhere. It's useless.

Here's the deal. Ricardo seems to be working on gingerbread for now. I'm sure that once 7.2 stable is released, work will continue on CM 9. I believe the drivers etc. can simply be ported without too much effort.

If Ricardo works on our device after 7.2 stable, I don't think it will take extremely long until the first CM 9 nightly.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA
    Unless someone sees a reason to keep this thread open, I'll close it. Please pm me if you disagree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone