• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ICON THEME] Coloured status bar icons

Search This thread

SpeeDemon

Dec 13, 2009
Abbotsford
You will need root access, I believe, to make changes to files in /system. I would attempt to restore your system from a backup framework-res.apk and try again. I can assist you with getting ADB working, but a custom recovery for your specific device may best be suited for its particular sub forum here.

orayo

Apr 15, 2010

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 194

orayo

Apr 15, 2010
i made it with root explorer. I made a copy from the system folder to SD card. then i sent the file via bluetooth to my pc. then i replaced some pictures and clicked OK. after this i sent the framework-res.apk back to my device. then i copied this and pasted it in System/framework and replaced the old one.

and now i cant boot anymore. :(

it just shows the startupshow (modified) and then there is a black screen which is illuminated a little bit..

so what can I do?

hope for a quick answer.

kind regards from sad DauL :(

Reflash your rom

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
hi, can we get icon when the app has finished downloading?? kinda weird when its downloading in blue but when finished its original black with paper note and check on it =P overall, great icons, i especially been wanting the green sms and gmail to go with the stock apps, and i figured out where to get the talk app icon to match with it. if anyone wants to know, grab it from super D 1.9.3 =)

SpeeDemon

Dec 13, 2009
Abbotsford
hi, can we get icon when the app has finished downloading?? kinda weird when its downloading in blue but when finished its original black with paper note and check on it =P overall, great icons, i especially been wanting the green sms and gmail to go with the stock apps, and i figured out where to get the talk app icon to match with it. if anyone wants to know, grab it from super D 1.9.3 =)

I noticed this just yesterday after downgrading back to a 2.1 rom. I believe this icon is located in market.apk as I do not see it in my framework-res.

I will take a look this evening and see what I can create :)

SpeeDemon

Dec 13, 2009
Abbotsford
Minor update.

Requested icons: Download complete, and pending update notification.

One is just the default, with blue colour. The update notification though, some of you should be familiar with. I thought it was the package manager for Ubuntu, but Google images are being weird right now so I cannot confirm. Anyway, its not mine, similar icons are found on veryicon.com, iconfinder.com etc.

Both files go to Vending.apk

Attachments

• stat_sys_install_complete.png
    stat_sys_install_complete.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 778
  • stat_notify_marketplace_update.png
    stat_notify_marketplace_update.png
    6 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:

sonicsg

Jul 29, 2010
my 1st android device.

followed the instructions on this thread and the "Android Themes Basics 1: Changing Images" video by TheFxn.

manage to pull and changed the images. but when i tried to push with adb, i get permission denied.

using JG5 firemware and rooted.

thanks for any help. cheers

SpeeDemon

Dec 13, 2009
Abbotsford
my 1st android device.

followed the instructions on this thread and the "Android Themes Basics 1: Changing Images" video by TheFxn.

manage to pull and changed the images. but when i tried to push with adb, i get permission denied.

using JG5 firemware and rooted.

thanks for any help. cheers

Welcome to Android!!

After you edit the files:

Code:
adb remount
adb push ...

Without "adb remount", you will not have write permission to /system!

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
hi thanks for the extra icons but some weird reason, the install complete worked fine for one download but then tried another and it went to original??? but the update notification icon works... and its named right, dont know what happend..

SpeeDemon

Dec 13, 2009
Abbotsford
hi thanks for the extra icons but some weird reason, the install complete worked fine for one download but then tried another and it went to original??? but the update notification icon works... and its named right, dont know what happend..

I noticed the same thing trying to update as well. Here is what I did:

adb pull vending.apk and apply my .png's
Download Titanium Backup from the market.
Backup vending.apk
Delete vending.apk
adb push vending.apk
Reboot

Lemme know how it goes! :)

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
i will try when i get a chance again, gotta take my nap for work tonight =P haha also my head is hurting, either because i havent slept or from being on the computer too long.. one things thats weird, i tried all this with Super D 111 and it was switching up on me, i would have the new install complete then second download it would be back to normal BUT THEN, i tried it on Super E 103, everything works and stays.. will have to try your method though on other rom versions, seems odd because its all the same steps.. =|

SpeeDemon

Dec 13, 2009
Abbotsford
i will try when i get a chance again, gotta take my nap for work tonight =P haha also my head is hurting, either because i havent slept or from being on the computer too long.. one things thats weird, i tried all this with Super D 111 and it was switching up on me, i would have the new install complete then second download it would be back to normal BUT THEN, i tried it on Super E 103, everything works and stays.. will have to try your method though on other rom versions, seems odd because its all the same steps.. =|

Figured it out, dude! In the vending.apk, for me anyway, there are 2 drawable folders. hdpi and mdpi. Try replacing the .png in both of them, as it scales sufficiently for both!

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Hey cool, that seems about right. I too have the hdpi but gonna have to wait for awhile, my girl wants me to stop messing with my phone for awhile and spend my weekend with her.. :/ ugh haha hope someone else can confirm with the hdpi

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I never thought I would find myself contributing anything to XDA-Dev but I liked these icons so much I decided to share!

These icons are either hand made by myself, or edited from various sources. They feature a transparent background, so they should work well with most statusbar's out there. I am currently working on finishing the blue style icons across the board, and perhaps the purple as well (like the battery).

I have tested these on VanillaEclaire 4 and FroydVillan 1.1, and these work without MetaMorph etc etc.

These are fairly simple to install:

- Pull your framework-res.apk (should be in /system/framework) to the folder of your choice.
    - Open framework-res.apk with WinRAR or 7zip and navigate to res\drawable-mdpi (some may be called drawable-hdpi). Just find the .png files that match the ones in my zip files.
    - Drag your favourite .png files into the WinRAR/7zip window and click OK to save
    - Push updated framework-res.apk to your device and reboot. (adb remount, then, adb push ..., adb reboot)
    - If you wish to include the gmail, email, or sms icons like in the screenshot, please also update gmail.apk, email.apk, mms.apk as appropriate!

Update: Pictures! Tons more icons!

Update 2: Vending.apk icons (Market download notifications) See post

Mass spam of the icons, pick and choose!

Disclaimer:
    Please update the filenames of the .png's as appropriate. I have created/included several copies that can be used as you please, so the names don't always match the .apk files.

Please make backups before pushing to /system

I have read posts on this forum regarding editing .apk files and the need to re-sign them, or issues with endless reboots after editing .apk files. I used WinRAR and did not create a new framework file, only edited it. I have had 0 issues.

Mega pack attachment below contains all icons from the other 3 zip files!

Update: Pink/Purple pack!