Yeah I'm pretty sure you use winrar and it keeps the file compressed weird but I watched the video and it worked on his phone...
why cant someone make an app that does this is that possible?? to change the status bar?? If it's all in the framework file why cant someone write an app to do it? Its just I watched the videos and it seemed rather complicated to mod your whole status bar...
Well I never thought I would find myself contributing anything to XDA-Dev but I liked these icons so much I decided to share!
These icons are either hand made by myself, or edited from various sources. They feature a transparent background, so they should work well with most statusbar's out there. I am currently working on finishing the blue style icons across the board, and perhaps the purple as well (like the battery).
I have tested these on VanillaEclaire 4 and FroydVillan 1.1, and these work without MetaMorph etc etc.
These are fairly simple to install:
- Pull your framework-res.apk (should be in /system/framework) to the folder of your choice.
- Open framework-res.apk with WinRAR or 7zip and navigate to res\drawable-mdpi (some may be called drawable-hdpi). Just find the .png files that match the ones in my zip files.
- Drag your favourite .png files into the WinRAR/7zip window and click OK to save
- Push updated framework-res.apk to your device and reboot. (adb remount, then, adb push ..., adb reboot)
- If you wish to include the gmail, email, or sms icons like in the screenshot, please also update gmail.apk, email.apk, mms.apk as appropriate!
Update: Pictures! Tons more icons!
Update 2: Vending.apk icons (Market download notifications)See post
Mass spam of the icons, pick and choose!
Please update the filenames of the .png's as appropriate. I have created/included several copies that can be used as you please, so the names don't always match the .apk files.
Please make backups before pushing to /system
I have read posts on this forum regarding editing .apk files and the need to re-sign them, or issues with endless reboots after editing .apk files. I used WinRAR and did not create a new framework file, only edited it. I have had 0 issues.
Mega pack attachment below contains all icons from the other 3 zip files!