[icons]WM 6.5 Black & Blue/Red/Green/Yellow/Orange/Purple/Grey Folder Sets [12/4/09]

Search This thread

eknutson

Jan 26, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
[icons]WM 6.5 Black & Blue/Red/Green/Yellow/Orange/Purple/Grey Folder Sets [12/4/09]

Hello all,
Here's my little contribution to the community after having received so much from so many. I've been using these folder icons because I wanted something that went with my phone and I couldn't stand the default yellow ones.

If anyone wants something added to the set I'd be more than happy to do so, especially if they supply the icon to go on the folder ;)

IconSetsDisplay_Collapsed.png

Download
For Black and Blue you can download them here.

For Black and Red you can download them here.

For Black and Green you can download them here.

For Black and Gray you can download them here.

For Black and Orange you can download them here.

For Black and Purple you can download them here.

For Black and Yellow you can download them here.

If you'd like to mix and match to add some color coding to your start menu hierarchy, you can just download them all!

How-To
I recommend using one of several icon changing apps available at XDA. The one I currently use is JWMD's Icon Changer, and have used and liked Showaco's reSTART too.

CREDITS
The base folder icon came from the HydroPRO Icon Pack, which is floating around all over the net. Here's a link from my site if you just want to d/l it and not do all the searching. I got it from Vista Icons and it was written by mediaDesign at DeviantArt

Many of the other images I put on top of the folders are from the Alpha Dista Icon Pack, also floating around all over the net. Here's a quick link for that too. I got this from Vista Icons as well. It was written by Danial Flaco at Deviant Art.

The rest of the images were taken from various logos on the web, images I've come across, and stock WM 6.5 / ATT Tilt 2 icons.

Obviously, I make no claim to the original artwork and do not request any kind of credit (I only super-imposed the images I liked, after all) and I place no limits on what you do with this set. Feel free to use, distribute, alter, etc. etc. I'd suggest that if you are looking to sell any of it that you contact the artists listed above first ;)

~Eric

Last edited:

andrew-in-woking

Jan 14, 2006
reSTART or IconFX

could you teach me how to change it?

Hi wokwitme

In WM6.5 use reSTART by Showaco to reassign icons to folders. In this case image files must be placed in:

\Program Files\reSTART\icons\

In WM6.1 you need to convert icons into .ico files and then into a .dll library. once in a .dll library you place a link in the folder you wish to assign an icon to called icon.lnk. The shortcut of the icon.lnk file must point to the .dll library and the index number of the icon you want to be displayed.

There are better WM6.1 tutorials on the forum.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

andrew-in-woking

andrew-in-woking

Jan 14, 2006
Permission to use

Hi eknutson

I have nade an icon set of my own which I was on the point of releasing.

Unless they're copyrighted I'm going to use your blank folders as a template to make some more icons. Don't worry, I always attribute work I use.

If you'd like to support this, it would be great if you could send me a higher resolution source file. If you want a preview of what I plan to release please let me know & I'll PM it over to you.

Cheers

andrew-in-woking

eknutson

Jan 26, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Thank you all for your kind words, I'm glad my little creation was of use to you all!

@Andrew
I've updated the first post with credit info and links, let me know if you still want me to send you something directly...

~Eric

eknutson

Jan 26, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Would it be possible to make a cab with your icons folder....?:eek:

I'm not sure if this was directed at me or what you're asking for here... The icons just go in a folder on the device of your choosing. I use "\My Documents\My Icons" for convenience.

To apply the icons for you would be very tough, a lot of people have their own layouts and organizations to folder structure. Unless you have the exact layout I have, automatically applying them wont work.

Did this address your question? Let me know, I'm happy to help any way I can :)

~Eric

WAIKIKI728

Jan 18, 2009
I'm not sure if this was directed at me or what you're asking for here... The icons just go in a folder on the device of your choosing. I use "\My Documents\My Icons" for convenience.

To apply the icons for you would be very tough, a lot of people have their own layouts and organizations to folder structure. Unless you have the exact layout I have, automatically applying them wont work.

Did this address your question? Let me know, I'm happy to help any way I can :)

~Eric

Thanks a lot...it´s nice to listen that...
I believe that the best way is to use ichanger 0.9..

When i have time i will post some links which i need red icons...
You care to help me and make these icons for me?¿?:eek: