• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ics 404

Search This thread

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
hi guys,

im still new to s3 . i read a post that said that ics was the best on s3 and battery was really good. would you reccommned for battery to try ics flash, or does it make the phone susceptible to sds or other maladies ? any advise please thank you :)

killbubble

Feb 27, 2013
Verona
I've never really had ics as my android os for a long time, so i don't know about it getting any viruses in that os. But as far as jb goes, never encountered anyvmalware!
Might i suggest (even though i'm not directly answering your question) if you fear for your battery life you follow these steps:

-get a higher capacity battery. (I got a chinese, i think, one off the internet with 2850mAh capacity and it works just geat. Batrery+charger good for all i9300 batteries=15€. if ur in america u can probably get less. And for just the vattery even less. And i've also seen 3100mAh batteries, since mine is GREAT these must be like portable energy source XD)

-change kernel (need root. I suggest siyah kernel, as most stable. It also makes your phone faster without absorbing more battery, it instead safeguards battery life).

-change rom (need root. I suggest foxhound rom, very good with battery life, can't complain. While aosp roms tend to suck the life out of i9300, samsung based ones are more stable, so if you gotta choose, choose sammy:D)

--(if you're really paranoid about battery life)it requires root. Downclock cpu, or change cpu gorvernor (manager for cpu frequency on android. There are many different profiles, some aggressive some just want to save your battery life. More battery=slower cell).

Hope i helped:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rraaka

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
thanks for the reminder rootsu !

and logical solutions killbubble :) ill try them soon.

right now im with 4.3 archidroids and have temasek/ boefla kernel

love all the roms in the forum and have experienced foxhounds too

thanks guys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SDS

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
    I've never really had ics as my android os for a long time, so i don't know about it getting any viruses in that os. But as far as jb goes, never encountered anyvmalware!
    Might i suggest (even though i'm not directly answering your question) if you fear for your battery life you follow these steps:

-get a higher capacity battery. (I got a chinese, i think, one off the internet with 2850mAh capacity and it works just geat. Batrery+charger good for all i9300 batteries=15€. if ur in america u can probably get less. And for just the vattery even less. And i've also seen 3100mAh batteries, since mine is GREAT these must be like portable energy source XD)

-change kernel (need root. I suggest siyah kernel, as most stable. It also makes your phone faster without absorbing more battery, it instead safeguards battery life).

-change rom (need root. I suggest foxhound rom, very good with battery life, can't complain. While aosp roms tend to suck the life out of i9300, samsung based ones are more stable, so if you gotta choose, choose sammy:D)

--(if you're really paranoid about battery life)it requires root. Downclock cpu, or change cpu gorvernor (manager for cpu frequency on android. There are many different profiles, some aggressive some just want to save your battery life. More battery=slower cell).

Hope i helped:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app